What's new

No Longer Available The Simpsons Pinball Party £5400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I change to ‘sniping’ or maybe ‘grumbling’? :)

Complaining about prices is 100% a thing.
You like stupid prices? You don't like stupid prices? I'm still not sure what your point is. But don't worry about clarifying it, I'm not super interested.

You like stupid prices? You don't like stupid prices? I'm still not sure what your point is. But don't worry about clarifying it, I'm not super interested.
I don’t like stupid prices.

I just don’t like the idea that poor Colin has been pilloried (a little bit, not by everyone, and maybe I’m reading too much into this, but the chap was evidently upset) for trying to sell his pin for £6k (with skillposts).

It’s not automatically fairer if everyone was forced, for example, to sell their pin at ’customary and reasonable’ prices. You’d have people complaining that they worked long shifts and couldn’t be on the forums at 8am when someone listed a TZ at £3,000 and it disappeared in 10 seconds. You’d have people surreptitiously swapping stuff to ensure they got it before it came up for sale. It would mean people wouldn’t get priced out, but newbies couldn’t get pins either because they didn’t personally know the guy who was about to list his mint FT for £1,500 :(

What I’m saying is economics is economics. It sucks. Don’t shoot the messenger :(

I just don’t like the idea that poor Colin has been pilloried (a little bit, not by everyone, and maybe I’m reading too much into this, but the chap was evidently upset) for trying to sell his pin for £6k (with skillposts).

It’s not automatically fairer if everyone was forced, for example, to sell their pin at ’customary and reasonable’ prices. You’d have people complaining that they worked long shifts and couldn’t be on the forums at 8am when someone listed a TZ at £3,000 and it disappeared in 10 seconds. You’d have people surreptitiously swapping stuff to ensure they got it before it came up for sale. It would mean people wouldn’t get priced out, but newbies couldn’t get pins either because they didn’t personally know the guy who was about to list his mint FT for £1,500 :(

What I’m saying is economics is economics. It sucks. Don’t shoot the messenger :(
Can you get that FT guy to send me a PM? :D

I don't think Colin was the original lister(?) I don't like to hurt people's feelings. I thoroughly believe in Karma and so I absolutely don't go out of my way to upset people. I do however think it's important that somebody spending £6000 on a toy doesn't later come to massively regret that decision and have hurt feelings either. Most of us have spent far too much money on something and wished someone had spoken up. Well that's the difference between a hobbyist forum and eBay. Speak up or don't complain when you can no longer afford them.

I would not want to sell on the site as Paul and the mods are useless, until it involves getting a tenner and then they are all over it

So you want to class that as a personal attack? Or is it ok just to call out the people who run the site?

Tell you what - have a cooling off period courtesy of the "useless" people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom