What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete The Revival Roadshow

s000m

Site Supporter
Alias
Scott
So this next one is currently got the following planned:

Cabinet:
  • Cabinet Restoration
  • New Cabinet Decals
  • Interior Restore + Paint Job
  • Powder Coated Cabinet exterior metals
  • New Cabinet Braid
  • Assessment for replacement leg plates
  • New leg bolts
  • New Leg levellers

Backbox:
  • New Backbox decals
  • Re-wiring/Re-pinning of 'J' Headers
  • Assessment of PCB's in backbox for Cap replacement etc.
  • Speaker System replaced with Pinsound Plus Speaker Kit

Playfield:
  • Playfield Swap, replace any broken plastics/posts etc.
  • New Playfield Rubbers
  • Full Comet kit plus LED OCD boards
  • Underside Mech cleaning/assessment for replacement
  • Freaky puppet heads need restoration
  • Tumble/Polish metals
  • Cliffy install

I'll update this once I've had a dig around.

*Edit amended to playfield swap.

Last edited:
Cabinet exterior has seen better days.
PXL_20230518_093120563.jpg

PXL_20230518_093122869.jpg

PXL_20230518_093105935.jpg

Backs going to take a while to restore...

PXL_20230518_092957400.jpg

PXL_20230518_093132033.jpg

This here is why you don't just slap decals onto of others and call it a day.

PXL_20230518_093202999.jpg

PXL_20230518_093209968.jpg

My arch? Not sure what that is. 😄
The steel pressing at the bottom of the playfield the holds the rules/pricing cards and covers bits and bobs. A lot of them weren't properly primed in the factory (I think) and the black spray paint bubbles - yours doesn't look too bad compared to mine.

The steel pressing at the bottom of the playfield the holds the rules/pricing cards and covers bits and bobs. A lot of them weren't properly primed in the factory (I think) and the black spray paint bubbles - yours doesn't look too bad compared to mine.
Ah the Apron!

This one has rust, I need to take it to get recoated. Its currently still attached to the playfield.

Interested to know what Cabinet Decals you are going to use and what you think of them.
Bought them a while ago.

Its a custom thicker set from a guy in Europe.

I forget the name as it was months ago.

PXL_20230523_085713624.jpg

Were they from Xianek in Poland?
No but I do have a Monster Bash set from him to apply.

I believe its from the guy who does all the printing for PinballDecals.eu and Retrorefurbs etc.

The normal set uses quite a thin orajet material which I'm not a fan of. The thicker set although more matt in appearance then gloss are thicker and do a better job at dealing with the imperfections on these older cabs. Even with wood filler the seams around the filler can show through quite easily on the cheaper sets.

The solution is either resin fill or buy thicker decals. I choose thicker decals :D

The best decals I've applied by far are the Flyland design ones. He uses REALLY thick decals and super strong glue. Super punchy glossy colours too.

Second coat down on the interior. Sprayed the first coat of black on the rear.

This took some extra effort to restore as the rear left corner was pretty destroyed.

Also a sneak peak at the interior colour. Will leave the primer to cure another day.

PXL_20230524_181538719.jpg

PXL_20230524_164610980.jpg

Nice one cheers following this as i get ready to do my FH. When Rad cals come will see if that paint matches the rad colour.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Cheers Paul

Nice one cheers following this as i get ready to do my FH. When Rad cals come will see if that paint matches the rad colour.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Cheers Paul
I used Peugeot Indigo Blue on my FH cab, someone on the forum recommended it, and it was a great match, not Radcals though.

Had to sand down the cab in the bottom and recoat. Wasn't happy with the level of gloss.

This time did a light coat on top.

Much better.

Not a fan of gloss to be honest it's unforgiving if you don't spread evenly.

Went round Ants yesterday, need to get me a spray gun like his 😆

PXL_20230528_095727678.jpg

Decals going on.

The prints a bit off on the decals for the coin door. It was a choice between centering the pipe hole cut out or keeping the text letters at the bottom complete.

I went with keeping the letters.

Print quality is good and thick. It's moccat instead of the usual orajet materia.

Will update with more pics later.

PXL_20230529_121855910.jpg

Back
Top Bottom