What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale The Pinball Parts chat

David retro

Site Supporter
Thought i would start a general chat to see what parts everyone uses/need that are not available in the UK or general hard to locate parts

Hi David, me and you have discussed this prior but ideally I want another source to buy DMD's from. This can either be Pin2DMD or @stumblor's Large Pin2DMD display kit. With the increased pricing on ColorDMD I need to explore new options.

I would also like to see:

- Mezel Mods
- Preditti Mods
- Protective Leg Washers
- Toppers (Stern and Third Party)
- Coil Wrappers
- Cabinet and Back Box Decals
- Titan Lockbar receiver Covers
- Pinball Rotisserie (I'm getting bored of using Saw Stands)

Nice to haves:

- Playfields (Distribution channel with CPR/Mirco?
- Gilding Service for Ramps
- Ecthing/Engraving service for metal

Comet LEDs
Perfect Play Rubbers
Stern LE speaker panels, it’s a pain in the ass having to import these.
PinDoc Playfield rotisseries would be cool.

The Pin2DMD colourings on CFTBL, TAF, WH2O and IJ were all good and I think they look much better than original.
Sure you can pay double and might get something better, that is often the case.

I'm in US this month, California, if need anything brought back. Would need to be delivered to hotels.

Hi David, me and you have discussed this prior but ideally I want another source to buy DMD's from. This can either be Pin2DMD or @stumblor's Large Pin2DMD display kit. With the increased pricing on ColorDMD I need to explore new options.

I would also like to see:

- Mezel Mods
- Preditti Mods
- Protective Leg Washers
- Toppers (Stern and Third Party)
- Coil Wrappers
- Cabinet and Back Box Decals
- Titan Lockbar receiver Covers
- Pinball Rotisserie (I'm getting bored of using Saw Stands)

Nice to haves:

- Playfields (Distribution channel with CPR/Mirco?
- Gilding Service for Ramps
- Ecthing/Engraving service for metal
Hopefully most of these will be added over the coming months awaiting go ahead on some products exciting things ahead

Comet LEDs
Perfect Play Rubbers
Stern LE speaker panels, it’s a pain in the ass having to import these.
PinDoc Playfield rotisseries would be cool.
Comets we have in stock
And we do stock titans now
Stern speaker panels is this just standard ones or custom ones ?

Pretty much anything that needs importing. Problem being the crap shoot that is duty/tax/shipping and if it actually arrives.

For me, pingraffix side art
Playfield plastic sets
Comet LEDs (I think you stock these)
Circuit board replacements.
We do stock some high quality side art

Plastics are in the pipeline

Comets we have quite a range in stock

And circuit boards we are looking to start making some boards in house as we have the manufacturing equipment on order so hopefully in a month or so should be having some new boards made right here in the UK

@Gonzo one for the channel, ColorDMD vs. Pin2DMD

Happy to feature anything on the channel mate but
I've only ever had a colorDMD so I'd need examples of both and someone else's expertise for full impartiality.

Unpopular opinion but 100% depends on the colouring, I don't buy the whole 'I paid a silly amount for something so it must be wayyyyyyy better so there' argument.. With pin2dmd some of the colourings are great some are ****, tftc looks amazing, FT not much going on. ColorDMD has better colors in general (more money, more resources) but the lcds to me look muck.. All filtered soft edges were never what the original graphics were designed for.. Looks like someone emulating a snes on a gtx 1080.. If I paid the extra for a ColorDMD I'd be trying to get it to look like a dmd with colour which kinda defeats the purpose of getting one in the first place. Also have had people over who couldn't tell the difference and it didn't make me feel any better that I'd paid stupid money for one of them 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion but 100% depends on the colouring, I don't buy the whole 'I paid a silly amount for something so it must be wayyyyyyy better so there' argument.. With pin2dmd some of the colourings are great some are ****, tftc looks amazing, FT not much going on. ColorDMD has better colors in general (more money, more resources) but the lcds to me look muck.. All filtered soft edges were never what the original graphics were designed for.. Looks like someone emulating a snes on a gtx 1080.. If I paid the extra for a ColorDMD I'd be trying to get it to look like a dmd with colour which kinda defeats the purpose of getting one in the first place. Also have had people over who couldn't tell the difference and it didn't make me feel any better that I'd paid stupid money for one of them 🤣🤣
Agreed, I have 8 pins running Pin2dmd. Colour files From NetzZwerg are great like Roadshow, TZ and TOM. Just added CV & WH20 and the files are also fantastic. The only one that I don't like was the Apollo 13 one. At sub £200 (maybe not nowadays) I could not justify over twice the price for colordmd as I prefer the LED rather than LCD. Each to there own I guess, but at sub £200 to add a colour displayed a donation for the files as long as the colour files are decent is the way to go unless £440 is nothing to you.

Do both pin2dmd and colordmd have both the led or lcd options?
Pin2dmd is just dots. No other options.

I love them personally, prefer real dots to LCD. It's how the animations were designed to be.

To me pin2dmd is superior because of price and most colour files are better than colordmds.
I've got one in JP, RS, TOM and FT.
AFM has a colordmd LCD but I don't like the contrast on it. Think real dots are much nicer.

I've got one in JP, RS, TOM and FT.
AFM has a colordmd LCD but I don't like the contrast on it. Think real dots are much nicer.
I’ve got lcd in my AFM,( my others have original orange dmds)
So looks great next to them but haven’t compared next to a coloured led display.

Back
Top Bottom