What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The OFFICIAL LICENSED 'moans about pricing' thread

Started to think yet again about a recent Stern title I would possibly like to own, and I also started to think about the current used pricing. Took some notes and now my head is well and truly burst, and things may be well wrong so far #soreheadsaturday 😂

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 15.00.42.png

But I think the price gap is closing between the latest Pro Stern highly rated titles, JP GZ etc compared to the likes of the older titles GB, BM66, DP which are 5-7yrs old now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 14.18.45.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 14.18.45.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Was godzilla pro 7k on release? Thought it was higher 🤔
I could be wrong but I think it was initially 7k, then when Bond came out everything else jumped up in price with Stern's price increase, and the dollar is now crap so big increase for us.

Last edited:
What roughly are the costs involved when importing. Have you looked into the shipping costs, customs / duty fees etc? And is there much work involved in converting the power supply?
Could be interested.
I would not know where to start with all that stuff. But.. others on here have imported machines in the past so hopefully someone would be able to give you more info.

Ah OK I didn't know that, seems reasonable these days don't it 🤣
Yeah some of them sure seem way better prices. I updated GZ was £7,395.

Bang for buck at the moment I think for buying used you cannot get better than GZ Pro, Premium or an Elvira.

What roughly are the costs involved when importing. Have you looked into the shipping costs, customs / duty fees etc? And is there much work involved in converting the power supply?
Could be interested.

Jim Mypinballs does a region conversion board for spike machines.

I terms of import don't think there is any Duty to pay but you do pay Import VAT on the machine sale price and shipping cost.

Talking about pinball pricing has become a hobby itself!
I think for me it has actually, I waste far to much time thinking about the next machine and being on here 😂

However with no Pinball clubs or venues close by to play the more modern machines, I need to make sure I pick the right machine next.

Has yesterday's lovely Mandalorian Pro for £5950 made owners of all Stern Pros (and Premiums I suppose) a little nervous? I'm out of space and wasn't even looking for a Mandalorian but even I was tempted, it's practically brand new and has some very nice extras. I personally valued it quite a bit higher.

£2k+ cheaper than current NIB Pros, and that's without taking into account the extras it has.

It's great for the buyer and we all want lower prices, but on a selfish level not when it could affect the value of our own Pins.

Is it a one-off or is that where the market is at right now?

Has yesterday's lovely Mandalorian Pro for £5950 made owners of all Stern Pros (and Premiums I suppose) a little nervous? I'm out of space and wasn't even looking for a Mandalorian but even I was tempted, it's practically brand new and has some very nice extras. I personally valued it quite a bit higher.

£2k+ cheaper than current NIB Pros, and that's without taking into account the extras it has.

It's great for the buyer and we all want lower prices, but on a selfish level not when it could affect the value of our own Pins.

Yeah but it's a Mando...

I’d say that’s about right for a pro.

The DI presumably still hasn’t sold despite being from one of the most reputable sellers on here and is arguably a premium rather than a pro in terms of features. (I’m sure it will sell for the asking price).

It’s 100% a buyers market at the moment

I think it’s an ongoing trend. Outside of a small number here, the uk market for pinball machines is very small.
Priorities have changed in general and hopefully prices will start to reflect a truer value, because at the end of the day I don’t believe any pinball is “worth” multiple thousands.
The value has been greatly inflated since Covid and is not tangible outside of a very niche hobby. Just my thoughts.

It’s what they are worth ish, those pins have always been priced too high used to me which is why I have never bought one.
Someone mentioned @AlanJ I think that they should be 25% cheaper than the new price and I agree.

Older classic games are a different kettle of fish and prices have dropped a bit but not for all titles.

Hard times but they will change sooner or later, grab the bargains while you can!

Lucky I was watching a film last night and saw that ad a couple of hours late as my granddaughter (8) is desperate for that game after playing one at a league meet the other week, she told my wife she is saving up for one🥰

If NIB continues to go up, which I’m sure it will as that’s how anything new in this world is going. And used keeps dropping there’s going to be huge gaps. But less NIB sales will eventually lead to less used coming up 🤷‍♂️ what effect does this have on used? Used Prices going back up????

It’s NIB prices that are in need of correction.

Totally. I've picked up a GOTG pro on here for £5k. A TMNT pro for £6k ish. I don't think £6k for a Mando is especially cheap and is about what I'd pay for a 2nd hand Stern pro.

The issue comes when you've dropped £8595 on it NIB and don't want to burn £2600 six months later if you sell it

the Mando seemed to sell very quickly. Not all Stern Pros are equal. I cant see a JP Deadpool or GZ hitting 6k very soon.

FF and some Bonds were £8600 and £11800 so nib prices have come down but it's still the largest gap I've seen between nib and used atm. I personally wouldn't expect to get a used Jaws pro for £6000 in 6 months.

I just bought a nib DP prem, which some people might think is crazy given used prices atm but it's just something you have to decide for yourself really. Me and hubby spend the same amount each on hobbies, his are more activity based, you never get money back on that and the equipment he buys sells for 50-75% new prices, ignoring any upgrades he makes to it.

I'd love to only have to spend £500 or £1000 when you swap a 6 month old pro or prem for the next nib but that's not where the market's at so you just have to decide if you see the amount of depreciation as being something you are ok with or not and that'll be different for everyone.

I do think if transport was easier a renting business on new titles would be pretty popular right now.

No secret my NIB days are over and I’ve set myself a limit on used modern pins to 10k possibly only straying over that if something really special comes up.

My fav game at pinfest was TBL and if I hadn’t already committed to Scooby 8mth previously that would have been my last ever NIB.
Roll on only a few month and I got offered 5 from my wanted listing I placed a few weeks ago.

What came in was
2 at £13k
1 at £11k
1 at £10k
I bought neither of the above but opted for the one that was listed just after my wanted ad due to it being the loaded edition I think they call EA and only having a doz plays.
It was basicly NOOTB (new out of the box)

Granted a few of the above had mods but at retail price without warranty I’m not sure if anyone would pay much more than 10-11 mods dependant.

On a personal note and please don’t hang me for this but IMPO no classic 90s pin is ever going to be worth more than 5k to me!
Seeing them listed at £7k has me wondering is there really anyone out there bar the obvious few willing to pay that?

If it was my grail pin and had a nut and bolt restoration like Ant has showcased then fair enough as they better than factory new. But listing a player condition pin because they rarely come up and expecting top dollar is a big ask.

Be careful what you buy in this current market as it may come back and bite you in the ****.

Back
Top Bottom