What's new

The OFFICIAL LICENSED 'moans about pricing' thread

Someone tell me what a AIQ Prem is worth these days so I can sell the bastard thing lol, paid £8.5 which seamed far at the time (or maybe severely over paid??) but obviously ain’t the market rate these days!!! :D
You must be getting desperate, bet you would take Pinbot in part ex😂

It will sell just going to take a bit longer at the moment unless you want to give someone a bargain and lose even more money.

Someone tell me what a AIQ Prem is worth these days so I can sell the bastard thing lol, paid £8.5 which seamed far at the time (or maybe severely over paid??) but obviously ain’t the market rate these days!!! :D
I think the cab decal damage may have reduced the value a bit. Although it’s only minor, your potential buyers will be less as some will only buy modern sterns with mint cabs.

You must be getting desperate, bet you would take Pinbot in part ex😂

It will sell just going to take a bit longer at the moment unless you want to give someone a bargain and lose even more money.
I’d take a Pinbot in part exchange for most things (and, indeed, once did) 🫢

Not surprised a lot of the games haven’t shifted given the prices and fear of further price falls.

TZ was the exception though. Always one of the most sort after 90s games. I paid 6.5k before Covid for mine and the advertised one was in better shape. I would have said the asking price was roughly right but obviously I called that wrong.

Perhaps we’ll see a lot of the games bought in 2020 hitting eBay etc at really low prices as people realise they haven’t turned them on for 2 years and the kids don’t care about them after the first week.

Reactions: JT.
Perhaps we’ll see a lot of the games bought in 2020 hitting eBay etc at really low prices as people realise they haven’t turned them on for 2 years and the kids don’t care about them after the first week.
It’s possible/likely there are more people into pinball than you see on this forum :) We got into pinball in 2021 and are still here :)

Doesn’t alter whether, if you bought a Godzilla in 2022, you’re not necessarily in the market for another pin - a lot of off-forum sellers only have 1-2 pins. We’re still playing Godzilla daily.

Not surprised a lot of the games haven’t shifted given the prices and fear of further price falls.

TZ was the exception though. Always one of the most sort after 90s games. I paid 6.5k before Covid for mine and the advertised one was in better shape. I would have said the asking price was roughly right but obviously I called that wrong.

For sure. Seeing it already . And good luck getting the 4K back that people were throwing at stuff like Flintstones, Dr Who 😂 I recall at the time jaw dropping at some of the sales.

Didn't a flintstones go for 5k at some stage or was that a fever dream?
Yeah, and that was this year, when the market was already in dropping steeply. I doubt we'll see many more examples of buyers so generously giving away their money than whoever got stuck with that

Dutch auction or trade for something :)
People are thinking long and hard before committing to a purchase, at least this would allow sellers to see a current real world value and buyers to purchase without the fear of being labelled a cheeky F1$%*R

I was seriously interested in two recent sales but didn't chase it for that reason, we'll all take a bath eventually on whatever is being bought at the moment, just a case of how deep the plunge is. Currently no game is sacred enough now to protect it's future value.

Last edited:
The last ebay FS sold close to 5k. The last eBay average star wars went for 3600 and 3900
The forum is not ebay though. Certain games have always done better with a wider audience.

The last ebay FS sold close to 5k. The last eBay average star wars went for 3600 and 3900
The forum is not ebay though. Certain games have always done better with a wider audience.

Yeah easy to forget there are loads of pinball owners out there that aren’t on here, don’t read posts here, have no interest in getting this deep into pinball …. Lucky bastards 😂

You can def get a skewed view on here. The amount of chatter about future titles and which NIB to buy gives the impression there are hordes of folk waiting with fists full of cash to throw at the next shiny new toy .
Reality is maybe a handful actually will 🤷‍♂️

Something I see in the sales threads and don't quite see the point of it is sellers saying they are reducing the price of their Pin for X days only. I understand it's to try to stimulate a sale but if no one buys it at the lower price then they certainly aren't going to pay more than that if it remains unsold and the price goes back up 🤷‍♂️.

Something I see in the sales threads and don't quite see the point of it is sellers saying they are reducing the price of their Pin for X days only. I understand it's to try to stimulate a sale but if no one buys it at the lower price then they certainly aren't going to pay more than that if it remains unsold and the price goes back up 🤷‍♂️.
Yeah it's a pretty wacky approach. And another odd one is reducing a multi-thousand pound machine by a hundred quid then waiting a week or so for more interest. I don't see that sort of discount making much difference - if no-one's interested at, say, £4500, is £4400 really going to sway them...

Are Stern ramping up production numbers with their new bigger factory, could be one of the reasons why they want distributors to discount sitting stock in an attempt to clear space out ready for the increased output of stock to take it's place.

Are Stern ramping up production numbers with their new bigger factory, could be one of the reasons why they want distributors to discount sitting stock in an attempt to clear space out ready for the increased output of stock to take it's place.
and the fact that global sales will be slow due to interest rate rises

It will no doubt be financially motivated. They aren't lowering prices out of generosity.

A Bond 60th can be bought NIB for $14.5k (£11.8k) in the US ,price in UK £26k ($31.6k)

and.. they yanks moan about pricing 😂

JB 60th.JPG

That's one hell of a price drop. Is is any good? Better than Beatles?
Crazy how low some of these are going for now in the US. Not sure if it's any good tbh, never seen one or played one in person yet. I also forgot to play the Beatles at Pinfest this year, really wanted to see what that was like actually.

That's one hell of a price drop. Is is any good? Better than Beatles?
It's different from Beatles. It has more complex rules and a wider range of shots. Play-wise, more Beatles: Tournament Edition than The Beatles (or TNA). Perfectly fun to play, but the art production/backbox design, etc. is a mess.

Back
Top Bottom