What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Hopefully in the next month or so we may plan to pick up another Pin, whats the going rate for a nice Stranger Things Pro with UV Kit ?

Cheers
Scott
I sold mine for £7k a year ago, and it was resold for the same amount in June. A few people are after one which inevitably drives the price up, or at least puts the seller in a better bargaining position.

I sold mine for £7k a year ago, and it was resold for the same amount in June. A few people are after one which inevitably drives the price up, or at least puts the seller in a better bargaining position.

It’s a very in demand title . Someone on here ….no names 😂… ‘generously’ offered 5750 for mine - UV, shaker, mirror blades etc - I declined 😁

Last edited:
Hey, desperately missing my Jurassic Park. Out of all the machines I have sold including AIQ and GZ I miss JP the most. Something about it keeps calling me lol.

I had a pro before but interested to see what everyone thinks a premium would cost me?

TIA

Hey, desperately missing my Jurassic Park. Out of all the machines I have sold including AIQ and GZ I miss JP the most. Something about it keeps calling me lol.

I had a pro before but interested to see what everyone thinks a premium would cost me?

TIA

I picked up a Pro in Jan with a lot of mods and upgrades for £8k if that makes any difference.

I picked up a Pro in Jan with a lot of mods and upgrades for £8k if that makes any difference.
Will be interesting to see how much you’ll be able to pick up a good jp or gz for 5/6 years from now, will they hold up well or will you be able to pick up a prem for £6/7k , I’m assuming because of there success they’ll end up making somewhere like 10,000 units in each model

Will be interesting to see how much you’ll be able to pick up a good jp or gz for 5/6 years from now, will they hold up well or will you be able to pick up a prem for £6/7k , I’m assuming because of there success they’ll end up making somewhere like 10,000 units in each model
It will probably depend on where NIB prices are

I don't think they will in $ either so over here just depends on exchange rate
What seems clear when you look at current for sale pricing is you are probably paying circa 25% more for older games in the US compared to UK and 25% less for Nib in US compared to UK

Some idea of value on the following

Set bally Williams wpc side mirror blades. Still with protective film
Believe they also fit Jersey jack

AFM saucer mod. New old stock pcb but nothing else in the bag

Attachments

• 20230215_145425.jpg
    20230215_145425.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230215_144519.jpg
    20230215_144519.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230215_144652.jpg
    20230215_144652.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230215_144703.jpg
    20230215_144703.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 18

about half price of it new if you are lucky, don't forget there will be 5 years of new top titles, there are probably more GZs in the UK than folks who will want to buy it.

US prices are super soft from what my experience is just about everything I want to buy I'm getting at 15-20% lower than last year.

Neil.

Ghostbusters apparently was one of Sterns best selling games, and supply is still short of demand,

6yrs later- GB Prem £8750 - £750 more than an LE cost back in 2016

Pinball is having a massive resurgence, the new Pinball film will help get pinball into the limelight even more.

I hear it is being released in cinemas in US, this will get more people into pinball and games that are no longer available..

Games like:
BM66
Stranger Things
Ghostbusters
LOTR
MUNSTERS! 😉

If you want
Ghostbusters apparently was one of Sterns best selling games, and supply is still short of demand,

6yrs later- GB Prem £8750 - £750 more than an LE cost back in 2016

Pinball is having a massive resurgence, the new Pinball film will help get pinball into the limelight even more.

I hear it is being released in cinemas in US, this will get more people into pinball and games that are no longer available..

Games like:
BM66
Stranger Things
Ghostbusters
LOTR
MUNSTERS! 😉

I just picked up one of the most hard to find LE games on that list for almost 3K less than it was selling for this time last year, again in the US. Prices in the US are plummeting, every podcaster is talking about and I'm buying alot of games over there right now. Big test will be TPF- maybe its seasonal, maybe the fact that JJP can't sell any Toy Stories LE or CEs, LE's for the next stern release (will be announced the Tuesday after TPF and will be playable at MGC) are still plentiful available. I know of two Stranger things pro's that traded for less than 6K. If you put the effort in there are bargains to be had everywhere. Of course there are the stupid and the lazy who will pay top dollar just to get it tomorrow.

I don't think the new pinball film will have that big an impact. Its being release worldwide and on streaming services 17th March, its called pinball but the main story is about how Roger and his Wife met, its a romcom really.

I haven't looked at Ghostbusters pricing because its such a bad game but will keep my eyes open, if I can import a few and sell them to suckers for £9K then why not! There aren't that many Ghostbusters in the UK, but loads in the US.

Cheers,
Neil

You may know of ST pros that have sold for £6k and Woz's that have sold for £5k, but 90% of people in the hobby get their games off here, on eBay, Facebook marketplace or in personal sales. And the going rate for those games is at least £1000 more. One swallow doesn't make a summer

Are those STH in UK @Neil McRae

Importing a game from US- let’s say a Stern,

New Stern - import tax, shipping & swapping out CPU Board for UK version. Yes I know there is a hack/fix for US-UK voltage..

That’s a good £1200 right there

Last edited:
Are those STH in UK @Neil McRae

Importing a game from US- let’s say a Stern,

New Stern - import tax, shipping & swapping out CPU Board for UK version. Yes I know there is a hack/fix for US-UK voltage..

yup both of them!

I wouldn't import a new game.

but used games even with all of that its still significantly cheaper than what the UK market thinks its games are worth. Voltage doesn't need anything. importing one game - not worth the agro probably.

Well there has to be a ceiling at some point. Maybe the signs of that point could be approaching.

You may know of ST pros that have sold for £6k and Woz's that have sold for £5k, but 90% of people in the hobby get their games off here, on eBay, Facebook marketplace or in personal sales. And the going rate for those games is at least £1000 more. One swallow doesn't make a summer

please can you post your evidence that says 90% of the market is here on ebay or on Facebook, I've bought more games not on this forum than on this forum; Also post your evidence that what people post that they are selling games for is what they actually get. Another swallow JP2 Pro in PBR...

Well there has to be a ceiling at some point. Maybe the signs of that point could be approaching.

I don't know if this is the ceiling it could be seasonal but for sure in the US prices are way softer than they were, I see a little of that in Germany and France also.

I just picked up one of the most hard to find LE games on that list for almost 3K less than it was selling for this time last year, again in the US. Prices in the US are plummeting, every podcaster is talking about and I'm buying alot of games over there right now.

Out of curiosity - what are you doing with the games you pick up in the States? Shipping them over and using the hack to get them running here?

Out of curiosity - what are you doing with the games you pick up in the States? Shipping them over and using the hack to get them running here?

I picked up a wad of spike 2 CPU boards when stern sold them cheap just before covid but I'm only importing a couple of spike 2 games. I believe there is another simpler way coming using the NVRAM of the game coming soon.

please can you post your evidence that says 90% of the market is here on ebay or on Facebook, I've bought more games not on this forum than on this forum; Also post your evidence that what people post that they are selling games for is what they actually get. Another swallow JP2 Pro in PBR...

Yeah, when you post your evidence to the contrary ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Arv
I very much doubt you will see a 50% drop in 5 years time it gz will always be a sought after
Gb was at the time the best selling game by far so there is plenty out there and the prise was gone up considerably from what it would have been nib same with many other titles
But there are plenty of games that are worth considerably lower than what they where nib
And there are other titles kiss for example you could give away a few year ago that seem to demand a fair premium due to not many out there
I suspect if you bought a good nib spike 2 game today and kept it for less than a year I would expect to loose min of 1k on a pro more on premium and Le

Numbers of sterns produced seems to be a bit of a guessing game.
So I’d imagine production length and amount of runs seems to be the only indication of apparent abundance or lack of.
Read that LOTR is one of sterns biggest ever sellers but you wouldn’t guess that by the amount advertised etc.
But without official production numbers hard to know.

Maybe a clever ploy to stoke the illusion of rarity and so keep price buoyant.😉😂

Back
Top Bottom