What's new

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

£2200 to £2500, £k for a nice one I'd think these days, and dont forget the OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
87F9317D-E3B0-44C0-B61C-50568DFB87EB.gif

What does a nice LOTR cost these days? I know the skill post one sold yesterday for a good price but what's the average? Anyone have one?

What does a nice LOTR cost these days? I know the skill post one sold yesterday for a good price but what's the average? Anyone have one?
I paid £5k for my huo skill post version in February pretty standard apart from comet leds and ocd board.
I think that’s about the right mark.

Looking for ball park on the following:

Stern Star Trek Pro: HUO, would benefit from a good clean and latest software, but otherwise 100%.
Bally Addams Family: Overall decent condition, has been home use for last 5 years. 4mm wear spot on left inlane, otherwise pf good. Few bulbs out and Thing not flipping (flipper works, so suspect sensor), but aside from that it plays normally. Boards all look healthy.

Edit: I should point out that these are not my games, but a pair I used to look after for somebody who rarely plays them now and has asked me what they're worth.

Ta in advance :)

Last edited:
Tricky one

wonder what my souped up ST TNG is worth . Most the work was done by the previous owner such as leds light up arch pinstadium and pinsound. it may even have invisiglass
all i added was colordmd after the video below was taken . a mute point is whether the colordmd will add the value it should now they are costing £525+ and of course I have other games that can benefit from it . it was the most popular game when the electric circus opened but now it hardly gets played especially with the Stern Pro next to it. Hasnt missed a beat in 3 years expect when crap players launch the ball at the extremities and it gets stuck in the wireforms. cannon work was done by previous owner so never been an issue. translite came from my older TNG and is tatty but has been signed by 4 TNG cast members so if I was to sell I would put in a brand new repro.

Attachments

• ST TNG.jpg
    ST TNG.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 24
Hi All I am debating selling some of my pins. Any idea what the current values may be

Scared Stiff in very nice condition with mods extras etc £??

Tales from the crypt again very nice condition + mods £??

No Fear again very nice condition £??

Lost in space excellent with all the toys on the play field. Only 600 x made £??

all the above have just been serviced by Bob at pinball toys

Thanks in advance

Steve
Just throwing my opinion in About SS as I bought one this year. I was looking for £5.5k And couldn’t get anyone to sell. Three came up on here in the last 18 months and all sold in about 3 mins lol. I had to find one off group. Guy didn’t want to sell but I went to £6k and got it. If you look at Pinside (which I know is US) they are up for $9k. Given that there aren’t many HOH around and a new one now in the U.K. is going to be about £13k The much loved SS is rising all the time. Currently I’d say you’d get def get one for £7k. I’d say market price though is £6k. Looking at crazy prices of NIB and no signs of it going down. Like Ghostbusters I think these will just keep creeping up so get in now. Mine’s a keeper. Colour DMD is a must too.

I bought my first in ‘99 and thought it was a lot of money, Dr Who £500😂
Then had the time and spare cash only 4 years ago to get a collection together (had a few in between) I thought then the prices were crazy. I think they might have gone up nearly 50% since then. Some more or less than others.
Think most people are priced out now mate, sad really.
If people stop buying new because they cost too much there will be less put up for sale, once my Halloween arrives I will have at least one for sale if I like it🤞

Glad I had pins over the last couple of years as they have kept me from going mad😎

There will be a correction in the market sooner or later, can’t keep going up but I said that a few years ago!
NIB prices is what’s pushed up the second hand market. I was in the hobby in ‘99 too and Stern games NIB were awful… so began the creep towards 2004 where everyone started to realise old games were 100 times better than new games. And now you have the big prices. Why spend £10k on a NIB when you can get a better old game for £5-7k. In ‘99 you could get an Indy Williams for £800. A Creature for £700 and a Cirqus Voltaire or Theatre for £1000. And a Medieval, Cactus and MB for £2k. A new Stern was about £3k lol.

I’ve just sold 2 of my pins privately to another pinhead I got what I asked for and the money was immediately in my account, however getting something to replace it is another matter albeit they lower end pins the ones I’m asking for they holding onto in fear of not replacing or out of my realistic budget for older titles but that’s just IMO so don’t string me up please.
That’s an amazing line up you’ve got right there Col. Surely you don’t need another pin mate… ever lol 👍🏻

The only way I can see a crash is if these things become huge paper weights due to parts unavailability. It only needs one node board to crap out to make it unplayable.

At best the price rises will slow down.
There will only be a crash if current manufacturers pack their pins with good stuff and drop their prices back down to the £7.5k mark again. Which is never ever going to happen. Next year is going to be fascinating. The greed of Stern and JJP is back firing big time. TS4 and JB aren’t exciting most people enough to part with $15k 13k, 12k etc, so will they drop prices back down or go the other way and absolutely pack there games and try for a $14k ceiling? And what will AP and Spooky and CGC do about pricing? Going to be the year that dictates the future for buyers. If JJPs and Sterns are going to cost £15k and Spookys, APs and CGCs are. Going to cost £9-11k it’s going to be very interesting indeed.

What should I expect to pay for a ghost pro these days?
Getting harder and harder to find every day. After the initial slating it received has worn off players are starting to appreciate how wonderful this game is, even in the Pro form. Yeah it’s tough at first, but the code, call outs, looks and fun are amazing. And it’s a great challenge. The key is to dial in the machine how you enjoy it. Adjust the setting how you like, buy the lane guards or post or flipppers if you want to… heck, even play with 5 balls if you want too! The game is awesome. Price wise… a year ago £5k. Now £6-7k depending on condition. But it’s going to keep going up. Such a great theme and WorldUG. A real beauty. If you can find one get it.

Last edited:
Afternoon all, I'll be getting a RFM in the future if all goes well and it got me thinking about maybe looking to get a SW: Episode 1 kit to swap out from time to time to have some variety, as I'm limited to one pin at the mo'
I haven't seen any come up (apart from an SW:E1 kit which came with a RFM sold on here recently) on here, however what's the general view on what a reasonable price for a kit would be if I can find one?

Notes: I have played Episode one and did enjoy it despite not liking it half as much as RFM. I'm not sure at this stage which setup the pc in the RFM I have lined up has in it (Nucore or pinbox) and so not sure how easy it would be to switch between RFM and E1 software wise and if I'd need an E1 prism card etc. The machine does have the latest mypinballs code installed though.

Thanks all!
Hi, I used to own a SW P2000… trust me, you don’t need it. Stick with RFM and put your money into something else.

Just throwing my opinion in About SS as I bought one this year. I was looking for £5.5k And couldn’t get anyone to sell. Three came up on here in the last 18 months and all sold in about 3 mins lol. I had to find one off group. Guy didn’t want to sell but I went to £6k and got it. If you look at Pinside (which I know is US) they are up for $9k. Given that there aren’t many HOH around and a new one now in the U.K. is going to be about £13k The much loved SS is rising all the time. Currently I’d say you’d get def get one for £7k. I’d say market price though is £6k. Looking at crazy prices of NIB and no signs of it going down. Like Ghostbusters I think these will just keep creeping up so get in now. Mine’s a keeper. Colour DMD is a must too.
Agree, Scared Stiff is high demand. Every time mine is in shot on FB I get people asking for it.

I'm on the lookout for another 3 (maybe 4) pins. Not much on the for sale section obviously but i'm thinking of swapping stuff. I'm considering a lovely condition Scared Stiff for swaps and want to know how much I need to cough up to grab a modern LE or CE Stern. It has 2 faults at the minute and if it goes to a newbie I'll fix them. If its to someone who knows how to solder properly, trust me, you'd rather do it yourself as I'm useless with a soldering iron! Dialed In is probably also going to go but I've messaged someone here that bought it a few weeks ago so that should give me the price of that. Much rather swap than sell. So, anyway, nice Scared Stiff, thoughts on value?

Edit: theres various mods on it too and a colour dmd. Playfield is mint.

Edit2 (bare with me, i'll get there): under cab lighting, flickering candles mod, skull pile led mod, mix of leds on playfield, spiderweb balls and no doubt some other things i'll remember later!

Attachments

• 072CA913-2E04-46EA-AD4A-64634F765FBA.png
    072CA913-2E04-46EA-AD4A-64634F765FBA.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DA8CD9B4-4F9B-46A4-B6A1-4BD63C67DCBD.jpeg
    DA8CD9B4-4F9B-46A4-B6A1-4BD63C67DCBD.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 58
  • C753B984-DFA2-4D3F-8697-399B4EA87946.jpeg
    C753B984-DFA2-4D3F-8697-399B4EA87946.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Picked up this TAF many moons ago in France

Pros:
- PDI glass
- Mansion in great condition with minimal insert wear (had full Mylar previously)
- Sideblades
- Fester Mod
- DMD all good

Cons:
- Used to be covered in Mylar and some *** has taken a Stanley knife to the inlanes to remove it, leaving some score marks
- Cabinet has been dropped at some point and there's some damage under the right front leg. Now filled, painted and reinforced with a leg plate

View attachment 180082

View attachment 180084

View attachment 180083

View attachment 180077

Think my Dad has finally decided to move this on. £8k seems mental. Is £5995 reasonable?

Good evening all. I have a Monster Bash remake LE I am thinking of moving on. Just over 300 plays. Either outright sale or trade - perhaps AC/DC or GnR premium/LE. What would be likely value for sale or cash adjustments for trade?

One of the reasons holding me back from getting rid, is the very high build quality of the machine (made by Chicago Gaming) - much better than my Batman 66 from Stern which I like but which although technologically advanced with video clips from the TV series etc, seems quite flimsy with poorer quality playfield in comparison. I dont have much experience with the newer machines, having previously owned old Williams/Bally machines, but am I alone in my opinion of the Sterns?
Hi there
Did you ever move on your Monster Bash?

At 6k for taf potential buyers will think what's wrong with it.

Start at 7500. You can always go down

And I'd tell them it's got a damaged cab and a damaged playfield 😂 I don't think I was too far out. Maybe I should have pushed for an extra £500 to make it easier to find a newer replacement

Last edited:
Right. What's a good price for a CFTBL? Good condition and better condition please.
Last one went on eBay for £4600.

Was a stock but good condition.

There's a scam one on Facebook for £3100 I've reported it several times but the listing remains up.

Last one went on eBay for £4600.

Was a stock but good condition.

There's a scam one on Facebook for £3100 I've reported it several times but the listing remains up.
I've reported the scam one too. I have a look in on one at the minute but I'm waiting for some more pics before I pull any triggers.

Back
Top Bottom