What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2024 thread

being chatting today with a few scooby collectors and possible european buyers. ie those not likely to be on the forum

Tidy looking Rollergames with a couple of hours left- £1400 starting bid…

The rollergames seller says that it is all wrapped up as a former buyer was unable to get his courier underneath a low bridge en route to the machine's location. He was unwilling to supply any additional pictures.

The ramp on this game is an absolute nightmare to replace if it is damaged.

I have been burnt on System 11s before - they can be very hard to work on and at the end of it sales prices are modest. So buyer beware

If it goes for £1400 it’s still not bad given we’ve seen rougher ones on here for more money getting numerous supportive comments written about them. Personally this is too far away for me but someone close by could always take a chance subject to viewing. Nice starter pin for a newbie providing it’s as described

DRD Its my machine and i did not say i was unwilling to supply additional pics i said its wrapped up and wrapped very professionally so its a lot of trouble to unpack for the pics you asked for if the new buyer wants it repacked . The main ramp is not broken ,people on this forum have bought my machines before and know i dont sell rubbish so i dont think buyer beware would apply to this machine

Well looks like someone got a bargain- hopefully nobody was put off bidding by unhelpful comments. Edit- looks like it was ended. Market is super slow- this would’ve flew last year sub 2k

Last edited:
What's unhelpful @SteadyP ?

This was not some hot auction with 10 bidders chasing a MM. A seller beseiged with interest. It had no bids after a few days on ebay.

So I asked for additional photos to make sure it is worth the 5 hour trip. Photos were not forthcoming.

Surely as a community we are to look out for one another ?

The ramp on this game is infamous in terms of cost and the work required to change it. I know the work involved with games that look pretty on top but are corroded to hell underneath with white mould everywhere.

Others may take a different view and buy without photos of ramps, or boards, or below the PF but when an ebay seller you dont know and haven't traded with chooses not to share photos, i think that is pertinent info.

Keith is a member of this community and has been for years ! One of the most trustworthy people i have met in nearly 30 years in this hobby.

That's good to know @John Beveridge.

But how is an ebayer to know that when the ebay name is "dactole" ?

Plenty on here have been burnt on ebay over the years

What's unhelpful @SteadyP ?

This was not some hot auction with 10 bidders chasing a MM. A seller beseiged with interest. It had no bids after a few days on ebay.

So I asked for additional photos to make sure it is worth the 5 hour trip. Photos were not forthcoming.

Surely as a community we are to look out for one another ?

The ramp on this game is infamous in terms of cost and the work required to change it. I know the work involved with games that look pretty on top but are corroded to hell underneath with white mould everywhere.

Others may take a different view and buy without photos of ramps, or boards, or below the PF but when an ebay seller you dont know and haven't traded with chooses not to share photos, i think that is pertinent info.
If you look at his EBay feedback it’s clear he’s sold other pins and parts with no issues. I’m not saying your post wasn’t well intentioned and had useful info about the potential issues with the ram; but it implied there may be a problem with Keith’s game which yes, could’ve put someone off bidding last minute. Would you have appreciated this had the shoe been on the other foot? Not trying to make a big deal out of this- but personally I’d be miffed

Hello Drd (is it David think we have chatted in the past ) sorry about confusion with Dactole that was my old cat (he was a terror ) hence terrordactole but saying that" Gatvoljack" i did not know it was you either.

LAH on EBay- seller says there’s an issue with the crane. What do you think this will go for? Always enjoyed playing this virtually on pinball arcade…

LAH on EBay- seller says there’s an issue with the crane. What do you think this will go for? Always enjoyed playing this virtually on pinball arcade…
I will start
£2800

Wow not seen that in a long time I sold that pin on here back in 2014 tbh was in good shape back then apart from missing the topper, recognise a few scotty mods on it 😂

Reactions: DRD
TAF on Gumtree £6,200. Been there a few weeks.

Pinball Heaven sold the ex Tilt Bar one on here for 6,750 October 2023.

I have callled it this morning and it is not available took a deposit on it yesterday and not surprised at that bargain price def underpriced that one Shocked it had been up for 2 weeks 🙈

I have callled it this morning and it is not available took a deposit on it yesterday and not surprised at that bargain price def underpriced that one Shocked it had been up for 2 weeks 🙈
It's on gumtree, people are ultra cautious, scammers are everywhere 🤔. Personally I would have assumed it was a scam

AIQ Pro on FB group looks pretty good for 6k with all the extras and powder coating (albeit scratched)

CFTBL £3.5k on FB group in Wokingham… could be a bargain. Same guy has X-Files for £2.5k.

IMG-20240114-WA0006.jpg

I contacted the seller and asked for more pictures. Not too keen I what I saw

Back
Top Bottom