What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Big Lebowski?

Haven’t got a link.

new build TBL have had tweaks made to make the game better, Renesh has documented it and done the changes to his game.

I have asked Barry for a price for the kit. I think it is on the TBL Maintenance thread

Haven’t got a link.

new build TBL have had tweaks made to make the game better, Renesh has documented it and done the changes to his game.

I have asked Barry for a price for the kit. I think it is on the TBL Maintenance thread

No worries, I’ll have a look. When you hear from Barry re the price of the kit do you mind shooting me a PM with the details?

none of you would appreciate the price I would sell them at to make it worth my while! :D

Missed this- Code is now up to 0.57 - coming along nicely.. Also mentioned more Modes, more clips, more call outs in Ver 1.0 which is coming.. not for a whie.. but it is coming..

And to think.. I was contemplating selling this!

2021​

Improvements:
  • Prevent the switching power supply from repeatedly clicking after startup or closing the coin door.
  • Only power the bowling launcher stepper motor when necessary, this should prevent some unwanted noise from this motor.
  • Ball search:
    • The upper flipper now goes up for 2 seconds to allow a stuck ball to roll away from behind it.
    • The car door is now opened during the 2nd, 4th, 6th etc. ball search to allow a stuck ball to escape.

Bugfixes:
  • In Multiball, since v0.56:
    • Jackpot values earned and showed would not match (400.000 earned, 250.000 showed for the base jackpot), the earned amount being too high.
    • White russians did not multiply the jackpots.
  • The MPF ramp did not register shots directly following the bowling skillshot while the skillshot animation played.
  • With "Adjustment Menu -> Toys -> Bowling Alley" set to off, the game would crash when continuing to shoot the MPF ramp after spelling B-O-W-L-I-N-G.
  • After 3 completed car modes, the game could crash when entering the 4th car mode selection.
  • Removed "00" icon score after a failed bowling challenge.

Version 0.56 - August 2021​

Rules:
  • Pause timers more consistently during animations (Mark It Zero, Character Multiball intro, Mystery, Extra Ball).
  • When completing Z-E-R-O with an outlane rollover switch, the ball is saved (only if the ball would drain otherwise, so kickback overrides this).

Changes:
  • Added "Audits Menu -> Main Audits" submenu with various audits.
  • Changed scoop, VUK and saucer coil strength range and factory default to better correspond with what is needed and to allow tweaking the strength.
  • The amount of time 'Shooter Lane Diverter' and 'Left Ball Gate' stay open is now shorter (but still plenty), helping detection/choreography in multiball.
  • Don't play "Let's Go Bowling" callout twice in a short time (lit/started).
  • Added 2 extra ball settings "Adjustment Menu -> TBL Rules -> Extra Balls -> After X Mark It Zeroes" and "After Completing X Rug Modes".
  • Stepper motor test modes now show the states of the involved EOS switches more clearly, including their names.
  • Added "Adjustment Menu -> Hardware -> Middle Main Board & Mini Playfield Board" setting (previously restricted to factory mode). These need to be set to the correct value after a factory reset to ensure correct functioning:
    • ES: Engineering Sample (you'll know when you have one of these)
    • REV0: No version is specified near the MIDDLE MAIN BOARD legend print.
    • REV1: REV1 is specified below the MIDDLE MAIN BOARD legend print. REV1 is now the factory default for Middle Main Board & Mini Playfield Board settings (previously REV0).
  • The "extra ball is lit" callout after completing the Xth rug mode is now played after the end animation, instead of overlapping the animation audio.
  • Rug Mode 5: added sound feedback when hitting the car, like the car modes.
  • Bowling Alley (lower) playfield lighting is being used a bit more dynamically.

Bugfixes:
  • The flipper hold coils were not actuated in "Solenoid Test" in v0.55.
  • Test Report:
    • Menu buttons and "Plump Bob Tilt" are no longer marked as unused.
    • "Bowling Release EOS Left" and Spinner are no longer marked as stuck.
  • Improved right loop shot detection, especially noticeable when starting Character Multiball and shooting the Maude (right) loop immediately, this wouldn't be awarded.
  • A rug mode wouldn't start when 6 hits were required to light it (by increasing the corresponding setting or completing enough rug modes).
  • The "Mark it Zero" wizard goal insert wouldn't light when the extra ball setting "After X Mark It Zeroes" was set to 6.
  • Rug Mode 2 / Nihilist Showdown: the lock/nihilist targets could award multiple hits from 1 shot if they were adjusted too sensitive.
  • Rug Mode 2: if ending the mode at a certain moment in the lightshow that highlights the targets, those lights could stay locked on until something caused them to update again.
  • Rug Mode 3, since v0.54: when interrupted by the Maude character multiball, the rug mode could progress in the background causing the rug to open during the multiball and closing afterwards resulting in a stuck rug mode.
  • Rug Mode 5: the car was supposed to return to the closed position after the last hit, but didn't. This is now fixed. This should also fix the situation were a late last hit and mode complete would leave the car outside/stuck.
  • Fixed the Car's stepper motor test on-screen position speed (was too quick).
  • After Multiball or "Nihilist Showdown", the M-A-U lanes would have one lane blinking again, as if skillshot was active. This is now no longer happening.
  • Attempting to skip the "Shoot again" animation without having skipped the bonus countdown froze the game. Now skipping isn't possible (as intended).
  • When you collected an extra ball, the Shoot Again light would go out after playing a multiball.
  • The total bonus as showed on display was not correct when a bonus multiplier of 2X or higher was attached (the displayed amount was multiplied a second time).
  • The "Bonus X Increased" animation could be cut-off if a previous Maude rollover hit happened less than 1 second before.

Version 0.55 - March 2021​

Improvements:
  • Added "Main Menu -> Test Report" feature that reports stuck switches and switches that went unused for 20 games (starting from games played in 0.55). When issues are detected this is also visible in attract mode.
  • Added animation after spelling Z-E-R-O and a callout to shoot the saucer.
  • Added Rug Skillshot animation, audio and insert blinking.
  • Made skillshot explanation more compact and transparent.
  • Improved rug & bowling skillshot selection lightshows.
  • Extra Ball can now be collected during multiball.
  • Added scoring icon for Extra Ball alternative award.

Bugfixes:
  • Sometimes when the ball entered the shooter lane for a new ball, a skillshot award would be awarded or at least displayed.

Changes:
  • Added "Software Menu -> USB export" submenu to easily export the log file and database to a USB stick for support or backup needs.
  • Added "Test Menu -> Audio Tests" to quickly test speakers & subwoofer.
  • Adjusted music "ducking" levels; now duck a little less.
  • Tweaked bonus multiplier sound volume.
  • Added "Adjustment Menu -> Test Report" submenu with settings "Show In Attract Mode" and "Show switches not used in X games".

Version 0.54 - March 2021​

Rules:
  • An Extra Ball is lit after successfully completing 3 Rug Modes.
  • An Extra Ball is lit after completing 3 Mark It Zeroes.
  • Added 100k score increase for each subsequent Rug Mode completion.
  • Rug Mode 3: Spinner now adds paint splatters too (in addition to the jets).
  • Shooting the MPF ramp after spelling B-O-W-L-I-N-G now awards 5k, with a 5k increment on consecutive hits (so 5k, 10k, 15k etc.).
  • When failing a Bowling challenge, don't increase difficulty of spelling B-O-W-L-I-N-G.
  • When Maude is lit or has been played, you can continue spelling M-A-U-D-E to increase the Bonus X (2X, 3X etc. up to 10X and then a max out score).
  • After every Nihilist Showdown wave an add-a-ball is lit at the scoop.
  • Car Mode progress is now kept and displayed in the selection screen.
  • After completing a Car Mode, the required parking target hits is now increased by 2 (was 4), so becoming a bit easier.
  • Default amount of Tilt Warnings reduced to 2 (was 3, see "Changes").
  • Tweaked bowling simulation so strikes are less likely.
  • Roaming pin challenge: outer pins now award more points than center pins.
  • Default amount of Nihilist target hits needed decreased from 25 to 20.

Improvements:
  • New Tilt Warning & Tilt animations.
  • Enable the ball saver for 2.5 seconds in case the kickback fails.
  • Try to settle balls in ball trough if the trough jam spot is occupied.
  • Rug Mode 2: Blink target inserts every 5 seconds to remind the player.
  • During Bowling selection, show which character modes are lit or have been played already.
  • Added "Let's Go Bowling" call-out after spelling B-O-W-L-I-N-G.
  • Use left ramp flasher to indicate lock lit, MB ready and super jackpot.
  • Ball search kicks in a bit quicker, and a lot quicker when tilted.
  • Show progress towards various goals as progress bar around their icons and show a check mark when lit. Applies to: Mystery, Nihilist Showdown, MB Lock, Rug Modes, White Russians and Car Modes.
  • Added call-out of character name when the name has been spelled.
  • Added call-out "Car mode is lit" when completing the parking targets.
  • Blink inserts when spelling out a character's name and B-O-W-L-I-N-G.
  • During Character MB the character inserts now match the jackpot status.
  • Updated some bonus countdown graphics.
  • Multiplier sounds now build up in volume (Character Multiball).
  • During the loading screen, the playfield LEDs will gradually fade in.
  • Made some sounds louder (Nihilists, Bowling throw/pins).
  • Added compensation for a malfunctioning Bowling opto.
  • Let ball settle on bowling return switch longer before firing coil.
  • If the bowling return doesn't kick the ball all the way up, it can now retry without consequence for the bowling mode (used to count as a throw).

Bugfixes:
  • Show Trampoline inserts (light/active) during Nihilist Showdown.
  • Light Lock Difficulty was never going 1 level above the chosen setting.
  • The yellow rug arrow from Rug Mode 1 would stay lit during multiball(s).
  • After starting a Car Mode, ball search would be disabled until something else enabled it again.
  • Starting Nihilist Showdown while a Car Mode was visible hung the game.

Changes:
  • Added "Adjustment Menu -> LEDs -> Flasher brightness" setting.
  • Increased strength of hold coil by default & added settings "Adjustment Menu -> Coil strengths -> x Flipper Hold".
  • Changed "Adjustment Menu -> Standard Rules -> Tilt -> Tilt warnings" factory default to 2 (and updated selected value to 2 if it was set to 3).
  • Rug mechanism now clears the EOS switch in a different way to hopefully improve hit detection.
  • Added "Adjustment Menu -> Toys -> Bowling Left Gutter Ball Possible" & Right settings. If your Bowling Release cannot make a gutter ball on either side, this can help correct the ball path calculation. Left is "No" by default as that seems most common.

New code out for the game. Would love to see one at Pinfest.

I’ll invite Barry over again.

Back
Top Bottom