What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Big Lebowski?

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
Tell me a bit about this game. I absolutely love the movie but see very little of the pin. Why are there none about? I don't see it for sale anywhere. Is it still in production? Has anyone played it, what's it like? Are Dutch pinball a good company?

Just skimmed through that Pinside thread. What a shame. Amazing theme that looks brilliantly integrated

It's a shame as it's a very good game - played it at expo last year and the best of the newer games. I was hoping to play it tomorrow in New York but the one at sunshine is apparently down "waiting on parts". Suspect it will always be waiting on parts.

I think DP are really failing their customers - they had away out, and short of a rich pinball angel bailing them out; the only way to get back on track which was to let ARA take over 51% of the company that would have seen all of those owed machines get them. Now they are trying to find a new machine builder with no money and no hope of raising any finance whilst they have this dispute with ARA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned I have one. Lebowski was always my dream theme, so I preordered it as soon as it was announced. Whilst I'm one of the lucky few to have received the game, I certainly learnt my lesson re preordering - never again. The whole experience was a bit of a nightmare.

I really like the machine - the theme integration is great, I love the display, and it has the 'solid' feel of a B/W title. The software is comparatively shallow in the context of modern Sterns, but compares favourably to 90s games. I've had more issues with it than any other NIB game, but DP have been helpful in resolving them when they arise.

I was hoping to play it tomorrow in New York but the one at sunshine is apparently down "waiting on parts". Suspect it will always be waiting on parts

I don't think this is necessarily true - I received a new bowling alley launcher just last week. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about parts availability in the future though.

I played one in the US, it had a permanent error on the display... The guy says he's never had a machine arriving with so many faults, loose screws, etc. Shame as looked smart and seemed to flip really nice, until the game lost track of balls and the guy just turned it off :(

Beyond crazy unlucky these pin manufacturers. Was hoping for a code dump but will be a bit hard if none are shipped.

They laid of their cider and he has a job with another company!

Heh - taxiing so can't fix it - hopefully a helpful mod will sort it! we're on our way Houston!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ski
Alien and TBL - then all that would be needed is a magic girl and a predator and then a cardboard cut out for deeproot and you’d have the unusual suspects [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alien and TBL - then all that would be needed is a magic girl and a predator and then a cardboard cut out for deeproot and you’d have the unusual suspects [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just wait till McR make their first pinball.

This would be a contender for worst pinball theme of all time and in a world that has Wheel of Fortune and Rollercoaster Tycoon that's quite impressive.

Couldn't agree more re My Chemical Romance, but hard disagree on Rollercoaster Tycoon. I'm a huge huge fan of RCT/RCT2 and think it could have been a great pinball theme. Emphasis on could. Then again, I've always kind of wanted one and I would like to own one some day. As an aside, if anyone else was a fan of RCT back in the day Parkitect is great modern take on the game.

To get back on topic, I recently found out that my upper playfield flipper on Lebowski was wired incorrectly from the factory. Barry sent me an entire new flipper assembly and it's made such a difference! I used to struggle to make the loop shot around the bowling alley but now it rips around. The most recent update has also definitely improved things, but it still isn't complete. Looking forward to future updates.

Couldn't agree more re My Chemical Romance, but hard disagree on Rollercoaster Tycoon. I'm a huge huge fan of RCT/RCT2 and think it could have been a great pinball theme. Emphasis on could. Then again, I've always kind of wanted one and I would like to own one some day. As an aside, if anyone else was a fan of RCT back in the day Parkitect is great modern take on the game.

To get back on topic, I recently found out that my upper playfield flipper on Lebowski was wired incorrectly from the factory. Barry sent me an entire new flipper assembly and it's made such a difference! I used to struggle to make the loop shot around the bowling alley but now it rips around. The most recent update has also definitely improved things, but it still isn't complete. Looking forward to future updates.

I used to love Theme Park as a kid. Was super fun at the time

Back
Top Bottom