What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell Us Something (Non Pinball Related) Interesting About Yourself

I fell off my bike two years ago in a skateboard park - that's it I'm afraid. Oh, and I lived in the same street as Steve Bull and Emlyn Hughes. That's it really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

During the Summer holidays in school I met Windsor Davies and Don Estelle.
It wasn't half hot in there....

True story.. they came to visit our school but I still don't know why they did?

Whilst bumbling through the Chelsea district of Manhatten, I inadvertently wandered on to the set of Men In Black 3. I waited outside Will Smiths trailer for 45 mins and when he finally came out I was mobbed by paparazzi. So calling on all my military training, I right flanked the mob and got ahead and waiting. As he walked towards me I jumped in between him and the Paps and shouted "Hey yo Will"
He stopped and shook my hand and said "Hey how's it going man" much to the disgust of everyone. Plus I probably managed to **** up all the major news teams footage.
I was however congratulated by a homeless tramp who was most impressed by my daring leap.
My wife had no idea what had happened as she remained stood outside his trailer. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I had many a beer with Oliver Reed when he came into our pub. After 5 pints I left him arm wrestling one of our regulars on the floor.

Have also met Leonard Rossiter, Sir Robin Day and Louis Maxwell (miss moneypenny) All came into our pub.

Evelyn Hughes was mentioned...I used to work with his daughter at IBM and my best mate was banging her ( whilst he was also going out with my sister in law)

I also nearly ran over Warwick Davies last year when he was crossing the road on a very small Segway in Hammersmith.

I've almost been killed 3 times.
Road accident, Electrocution and falling from height. Hang on, 4 times. Electrocution twice.

That's no feet! Being a budding engineer I managed to get electrocuted (mains) 6 times before I reached 12 - plus one around 25kv from the back of a tv tube :)

I'll give you the road accident and height thing tho :D

A few (mainly) music related ones.

One of the blokes from Kajagogo was apparently my babysitter
Got threatened by Bill Drummond and his lawyer 2 weeks into my first real job over the KLF/ENT single
I utterly failed to recognise Morrisey when he came into my office
Had to meet a Japanese man at Heathrow airport. Gave him £25,000 in cash and a suitcase. In return he gave me a different suitcase and got on a flight to Amsterdam. All perfectly innocent but to this day I still don't know how I would explain the CCTV footage.
Spent 8 years working for the same Japanese man and discovered you aren't allowed to say anything negative about plumbers in Tokyo as they are all Yakuza members. My boss then renamed himself Rat ****er for six months or so which made introducing him to people interesting.
I spent 2 days tippexing out the baby's cock on the "nevermind" album sleeves to get them past Japanese customs
I released somewhere in the region of 100-150 different albums before having to get a real job.
Worked behind Zipper (a well known gay sex shop) in Camden and can confirm that those boys enjoyed themselves a lot.
Went to school with a murderer

Sadly all now a long time ago. The "highlight" of the last decade has been teaching a kid who was in Eastenders

KLF Used to love them (well the JAMMS really) still got my original what the **** is going on? LP boy did Drummond get in bother over that... is that what you were involved in @johnwhitfield ? Also music related back in the day when all I did all day was repair car stereos..got a call from Jason donavons tour manager his stereo had stopped working in his tour bus whilst gigging on the south coast...went and repaired it on site and chatted with the man himself...cassette deck loaded with inxs of course...pleasant chap I thought offered me a beer but I refused......

I have 6 nipples. As I've grown older,only 3 are still visible.

Pics upon request. I'll also flash at the next meet if you want to see. You can also touch the third nipple if you really want to. No licking though.

Do I win £5?

It was a studio version of this track that he got hot under the collar about. In hindsight not really a big deal but for a 21 year old being threatened with legal action by someone famous scared the crap out of me

i used to watch Emlyn Hughes on telly with his really high voice as one of the team captains in A Question of Sport, with Bill Beaumont the other team captain, and David 'i am liderally the voice of Spitting Image' Coleman in the chair. do i win £5?

It was a studio version of this track that he got hot under the collar about. In hindsight not really a big deal but for a 21 year old being threatened with legal action by someone famous scared the crap out of me

Aaahh....ok bit later on than I remember them...if I was in your shoes think I would of tried to stop that performance as well as what ever else you did to upset him...:eek::)
BTW nice lw3 topper....is that where they all went klf props....:rofl:

I raced stockcars in New Zealand - Full contact class of motorsport..
I only did 1 national championship and managed to qualify out of 70 odd cars.
In the last of 3 races to determine the NZ Champ, it turns into an attack every car that isn't from your club. I got rolled 3 laps from the end but still came 13th in NZ.
I also owned a Chev Pickup, GMC truck and 2 1955 F100's. Then family and responsibility came along, No racing, no US vehicles, collected Allwin type arcade games, which lead to pinball and now play Heroes and Generals on the PC.

I have 6 nipples. As I've grown older,only 3 are still visible.

Pics upon request. I'll also flash at the next meet if you want to see. You can also touch the third nipple if you really want to. No licking though.

Do I win £5?

Stone the witch!!!

wtf dude. i just 'listened' to that horrorshow, how exactly A did you make a studio version of that dog****, and B did they even know that someone shouting at a microphone was a copy of their dog****?

Back
Top Bottom