What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

Got to Reactor 4 earlier , got it critical , and had multiball running , and then it just died , flippers died and balls drained , like as if I'd tilted it , but no tilt shown on the screen so sure it wasn't . Also let me put my name
in after ?
Anyone else has similar ?

Got to Reactor 4 earlier , got it critical , and had multiball running , and then it just died , flippers died and balls drained , like as if I'd tilted it , but no tilt shown on the screen so sure it wasn't . Also let me put my name
in after ?
I thought I heard something last night , like a feint cry. Figured it was the wind…..

Jump onto the TNA thread on pinside and ask Scott. He will know. Lots of talk of people having loose ribbon pin connections and issues etc

in after ?

Genuinely never had that happen to me. Have you made sure all the cables and connectors are in tight? Something may have wiggled loose in transport

Ongoing TNA CE issue with a Cliffy protector.

I bought a Cliffy protector for the scoop, which seemed to have been designed for the original TNA, so we had to adjust it. Not sure whether that’s the cause of the ongoing issue, but the ball kept getting stuck next to the scoop on the upper playfield, and the ball search (and not even a hard shove) would dislodge it.

We contacted Cliffy and he said this was a common issue with the protector and sent us some 5mm Mylar to place next to the scoop protector. This didn’t really help and the problem has got worse over time, presumably as the glue has worked loose on the protector. This morning, I tried fixing it by putting a couple of pieces of stacked Mylar leading up to the scoop protector - forming a sort-of plastic ramp, but it didn’t help. Looking at it, the scoop protector had a millimetre bend in the metal, which is obviously where the ball was getting stuck.

So, as pictured, I’ve now cut off the offending bit of the protector. The scoop still has protector from fast-moving balls coming in from the flippers.

Obviously, I’d prefer a better solution, and wondered if anyone knew anyone else who made protectors?

D2559DC1-F21D-4DEE-8D9C-C0DECF39977D.jpeg

Protectors are best avoided if possible, as they interfere with ball travel. In this case I would get rid of the protector and just have some mylar. On mine I've tucked the mylar over the edge between the pf wood and the scoop metal - it was a bit fiddly mind you.

Genuinely never had that happen to me. Have you made sure all the cables and connectors are in tight? Something may have wiggled loose in transport
Hi Jonathan. Not implying anything like that ! I'm loving the game . Got to 5th reactor yesterday and didn't happen again so we'll see . I'll reseat all the cables when I get a moment. Cheers Andy

Ongoing TNA CE issue with a Cliffy protector.

I bought a Cliffy protector for the scoop, which seemed to have been designed for the original TNA, so we had to adjust it. Not sure whether that’s the cause of the ongoing issue, but the ball kept getting stuck next to the scoop on the upper playfield, and the ball search (and not even a hard shove) would dislodge it.

We contacted Cliffy and he said this was a common issue with the protector and sent us some 5mm Mylar to place next to the scoop protector. This didn’t really help and the problem has got worse over time, presumably as the glue has worked loose on the protector. This morning, I tried fixing it by putting a couple of pieces of stacked Mylar leading up to the scoop protector - forming a sort-of plastic ramp, but it didn’t help. Looking at it, the scoop protector had a millimetre bend in the metal, which is obviously where the ball was getting stuck.

So, as pictured, I’ve now cut off the offending bit of the protector. The scoop still has protector from fast-moving balls coming in from the flippers.

Obviously, I’d prefer a better solution, and wondered if anyone knew anyone else who made protectors?

View attachment 243100
Have you tried a strip of sticky back velcro on the inside of the scoop arch ? the sold side of the velcro
Or reduce your flipper power 1 or 2 notches ?

Have you tried a strip of sticky back velcro on the inside of the scoop arch ? the sold side of the velcro
Or reduce your flipper power 1 or 2 notches ?
Flipper power shouldn’t make any difference?

Velcro would be too high, unless you mean actually inside the scoop. I could try that, but it’s holding as it is. I checked the sticky and tried to bend the flat bit of the protector, but it was irrevocably bent - hence, why I’ve cut it off for the moment.

May try Mylar overhanging the scoop unless anyone can suggest an alternative protector.

yes inside the scoop. just to diffuse some of the momentum of the travelling ball so it doesn’t pop out again

i’ve turned my power down 5 notches as the precision flippers were making the shots too difficult as they were too fast

in after ?
Never had this happen to me before Andy. Hopefully it's just a one off, and just a slightly unseated connector somewhere.

Just had a few games and I checked the Scoop on mine. I have no mylar or added any protection on mine as yet and not adjusted the power eject.

Scoop.jpeg

Just had a few games and I checked the Scoop on mine. I have no mylar or added any protection on mine as yet and not adjusted the power eject.

View attachment 243143
Prevention is better than cure but I agree, see how things fare before adding all sorts of protection that can inadvertently cause more problems than they solve.

yes inside the scoop. just to diffuse some of the momentum of the travelling ball so it doesn’t pop out again

i’ve turned my power down 5 notches as the precision flippers were making the shots too difficult as they were too fast
Sorry, I obviously explained badly, The shots from the flippers into the scoop are/were fine. The ball was getting stuck on the upper playfield, just below the upper flipper. If it was moving too slowly, it got stuck on the raided rim of the metal scoop protector.

I’ve now cut that off, after experimenting with a Mylar ‘ramp’, but was wondering if anyone else made a scoop protector.

Sounds like I can stick/hang some more Mylar over that edge.

Spooky is sending me some neoprene washers to go there.
So, spooky apparently forgot to hit the send button but after a reminder the washers finally got here.

They're oversized so arts & crafts needed before installation. I left a bit of overlap but in hindsight that's not needed as they grow once tight.

It's not the best looking so will probably have another go at trimming the edges to make it look neat!

But in the meanwhile, I'm happy just to be playing this game again :D

Attachments

• PXL_20240208_193106398.jpg
    PXL_20240208_193106398.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20240208_194519910.jpg
    PXL_20240208_194519910.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20240208_194523677.jpg
    PXL_20240208_194523677.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 15
Mine is tombstoned for the next
month whilst i sort out a floor issue - Today my UV kit arrived from the USA and last week i fitted a full new set of UV rubbers so the anticipation is now rising

@VeeMonroe i had a play with some mylar on the left and right side of the scoop. Cut it neat and used my heat gun to get it contoured perfectly

It still behaves the same as before , does not get stuck but not worries anymore about playfield damage ( that was mounting )

Oh and i managed reactor 6 on 4 player Co-oP last week 🫡

Attachments

• 49B15047-3B42-46AA-8651-F8C7FDD712A6.jpeg
    49B15047-3B42-46AA-8651-F8C7FDD712A6.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 16
Well that's 3 times (in 2 months) that I beat the game... Think I'm going to have to start moving the tilt bob up! :D
Send it to me and see how you do when drawn on it in a Pinhaus comp😄

Back
Top Bottom