What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

It’s becoming a household statement now when i promptly stand up and announce I need to play pinball, head into the game room and turn on TNA. Everyone leaves me be but as i walk off i hear the wife shout out
“ not so loud please “

It’s becoming a household statement now when i promptly stand up and announce I need to play pinball, head into the game room and turn on TNA. Everyone leaves me be but as i walk off i hear the wife shout out
“ not so loud please “
So so.. good a game.

If you find a more intense, super fast playing, retro playing , super sounding pin that even comes close to this let me know as I can't find anything by a long shot. So so glad this game was re-run and I purchases this game.

Now I even go into the games room and put it in jukebox mode just to listen to the amazing tunes, also good to listen to the ones I will never hear 😂

Ok, posted something on pinside and Scott commented on my shooter system not being healthy. So i checked it tonight and the washer i fitted that made it snug previously had a gap that could have taken another washer. Weird , so checked and the stem had come loose from its pressed position. Figured only way was to weld it and as im crap at welding i was worried….
However its worked and now we are back to just the original washer only and its snug as hell
Put some silicone spray on the spinner too as it was squeaking and now im spinner champ @ 313 spins !!

Attachments

• IMG_4966.jpeg
    IMG_4966.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4967.jpeg
    IMG_4967.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 7
Ok, posted something on pinside and Scott commented on my shooter system not being healthy. So i checked it tonight and the washer i fitted that made it snug previously had a gap that could have taken another washer. Weird , so checked and the stem had come loose from its pressed position. Figured only way was to weld it and as im crap at welding i was worried….
However its worked and now we are back to just the original washer only and its snug as hell
Put some silicone spray on the spinner too as it was squeaking and now im spinner champ @ 313 spins !!
Seen your posts on Pinside mate. Thanks for sharing, I need to check over things on mine actually.

Ok. finally got round to sourcing some replacement screws for the lane guides. Even with the repair mine still came loose . Now 2 of the lane guides ( the far left and left ) are loose. the far left screw hole is getting wider

I have used these and just bought 10. They are a tight fit and the holes didn’t need drilling out either

If these now move there is no way of fixing the problem bar nut and bolt

No.8 x 1 3/4" (4 x 45) A2 Stainless Steel Pozi Pan Head Wood Screws Round Head Screw DIN 7996-10 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/ejNeMCu

I was told by my local fasteners company the original ones seem more like metal self tappers - the first pic shows both screws pre fitment

Average score now is 800 and still not popped reactor 6

Attachments

• IMG_5036.jpeg
    IMG_5036.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5037.jpeg
    IMG_5037.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5038.jpeg
    IMG_5038.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 19
Does anyone have a link to a UK supplier of a 10 inch speaker spacer for the sub please - as mentioned on Scott's website?

Sorted my Sticky Flipper was due to misaligned hole in cab/armour.
simple case of filing the wood topmost using a dremel and now all hunky dory.

IMG_1737.jpeg

Ok. finally got round to sourcing some replacement screws for the lane guides. Even with the repair mine still came loose . Now 2 of the lane guides ( the far left and left ) are loose. the far left screw hole is getting wider

I have used these and just bought 10. They are a tight fit and the holes didn’t need drilling out either

If these now move there is no way of fixing the problem bar nut and bolt

No.8 x 1 3/4" (4 x 45) A2 Stainless Steel Pozi Pan Head Wood Screws Round Head Screw DIN 7996-10 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/ejNeMCu

I was told by my local fasteners company the original ones seem more like metal self tappers - the first pic shows both screws pre fitment

Average score now is 800 and still not popped reactor 6
Neither of those will hold in the wood they use today. Try and source a wood screw with a coarse thread that looks like this. Plug the holes with matchsticks or cocktail sticks first.

Have a look on here, they'll have something :- https://www.accu.co.uk/torx-flanged..._Oc1irR9OmnE0fW6ot4EQr9DDlzuQnzcaAkSpEALw_wcB

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 10.21.22.png

Last edited:
Neither of those will hold in the wood they use today. Try and source a wood screw with a coarse thread that looks like this. Plug the holes with matchsticks or cocktail sticks first.

Have a look on here, they'll have something :- https://www.accu.co.uk/torx-flanged..._Oc1irR9OmnE0fW6ot4EQr9DDlzuQnzcaAkSpEALw_wcB

View attachment 239696
The screws i used are working great. The thickness is borderline for the existing pre drilled hole size and the length is same as the playfield thickness unlike the original which is barely penetrating and possibly not a wood screw
I wanted a screw that looked as similar to the original as possible
i plugged the holes prior and all it did was widen the hole. The toothpicks didn’t work.

The other day when I got my personal best on TNA, it was it's first birthday.
Anyone else keep the birth certificate 😂

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 22.41.23.jpeg

Pooling around the lane divider posts 😭 Why didn't they pull the artwork back around those?!

Not sure how to fix - bigger washer isn't an option due to lane divider...

Attachments

• PXL_20240103_122518148.jpg
    PXL_20240103_122518148.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20240103_122501100.jpg
    PXL_20240103_122501100.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 29
Not played for almost a week - Figured I missed my 1st pinball league today so just had it on louder than usual. Couple of games to warm up, extra ball at 3rd reactor - i start yelling. The cabinet getting nudged a lot “What Was That” The EB gets used and i’m still going. Some Whoop Whoops and i crank it up louder. 4th reactor done. 5th one lit and Im thinking @Fubar your in my sights buddy…

You can guess the rest

Look at the carnage ( this has now been filed and fixed )

Attachments

• IMG_5481.jpeg
    IMG_5481.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
My recently purchased TNA decided to go Thermal Nuclear 😫 Just my luck! 48V PSU went up in smoke. New one purchased from Spooky and currently on its way to me.

IMG_3362.jpeg

Whilst I’m waiting on that it’s getting a full tear down, new titan rubbers throughout, and new star posts as many are battered to oblivion.

IMG_3372.jpeg

Got a few more things planned once it’s back up and working again. Lit speaker kit, new LED backglass strips, IPS screen upgrade.

My recently purchased TNA decided to go Thermal Nuclear 😫 Just my luck! 48V PSU went up in smoke. New one purchased from Spooky and currently on its way to me.

View attachment 241761

Whilst I’m waiting on that it’s getting a full tear down, new titan rubbers throughout, and new star posts as many are battered to oblivion.

View attachment 241762

Got a few more things planned once it’s back up and working again. Lit speaker kit, new LED backglass strips, IPS screen upgrade.
Oh no... great news you have a replacement on the way from Spooky, hopefully arrives soon..

Enjoy the clean up and fixing the other smaller things in the meantime and let us know how you are getting on :)

Back
Top Bottom