What's new

TAF - odd swamp behaviour, kicks all 3 balls in play, not 'official' multiball.

Can you video the switch matrix display as you drop one two then three balls into the swamp?

Hi,

I've not got round to doing this just yet - but BIG thanks for getting those switches out to me so quickly. I paid on Friday, they arrived Saturday!

So the plan is to change the switches by tomorrow and retest, with a switch matrix video as requested.

My gut feeling is saying the initial weakened poke from the knockoff solenoid isn't pushing the ball enough and it's sticking on the ledge between the swamp trough and the kickout below.

A bit like this, causing all sorts of switch chaos in the trough:

image.jpg

According to the manual; the swamp knockoff uses driver transistor Q20... My limited knowledge around the power supply to these solenoids suggests trying that next, after perhaps a new coil sleeve (03-7067-5) and spring (10-135). Luckily I have both parts already.

Is there anything else which could be causing that initial weakened knockoff? Subsequent knockoffs are fine, which might be why it takes a while to create this problem in test - because I am constantly recycling balls through the trough triggering the knockoff.

Update:

Replaced switches 71 & 73 in the trough and realigned all 4 switches in the assembly.

Also, slightly cheating, moved the knock-off assembly 2mm closer to the hole, so its poke action (@RudeDogg1) goes that little bit further.

I tried to trigger the problem again late last night (as per my videos) but couldn't, so i set the Mrs on the game as she's more into TAF than I, but still nothing.

Either the problem is fixed, or much reduced to the point that it hasn't happened again since.

I'll keep this open and report back if it happens again.

Thanks all for the advice.

Great news. I would say you had certainly cured something so carry on enjoying it.

Things can get fixed just by moving things about, even a couple of mm can cure a problem.
Hopefully problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom