What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF limo on the cheap !

Lee ellison

Lee9168
I bought a little corgi car on ebay - £3 I think it was image.jpgStripped it down image.jpgThen painted it to look like lurches limo image.jpgimage.jpg now put it over the switch on the main ramp return , I think it looks quite good
Hoping to put some small LEDs in the front lights , anyone know where I can get these. . .
.?

I bought a load of LED's off of ebay, size is important as you will know where you want them to go.

If you want to do the train, look for train pencil sharpeners. Actually, there is a safe and phone pencil sharpener that you can do the whole TAF mod kit with.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANTIQUE-F...ncils_WritingEquipment_SM&hash=item461fbceff6
Thanks , I,ll have a look now . I got some LEDs from Maplin, they are all differant sizes and come with resistors . I,ll have a play around with them and see which works best . Thanks again

I'm liking the look of the mods.. you've spent some time doing all that! The decals on the vault / back wall are good.. thinking of getting some. Your table kinda makes mine look shabby chic :)

What colour paint did you use for the hood, mine is chipping and want to paint it?
A good tip for the pencil sharpeners train, knight etc I could not source all of them and phoned the company who supplied them and they sent me the train and knight as freebie samples! (they did not have the vault or phone or I think they would have sent them all!)
Cheers Adie

What colour paint did you use for the hood, mine is chipping and want to paint it?
A good tip for the pencil sharpeners train, knight etc I could not source all of them and phoned the company who supplied them and they sent me the train and knight as freebie samples! (they did not have the vault or phone or I think they would have sent them all!)
Cheers Adie
I am away at the moment , I'll check the colour when I get home . Do you know the contact details of the pencil sharpener supplier. ? Lee

Train pencil sharpener arrived today, safe is on it's way from us , still looking for the phone .
Here it is image.jpgStripped it and drilled the stack out , then painted it , and made a led for the stack with a resistor installed inline , just waiting for the clearcoat to properly dry and will install tomorrow image.jpgimage.jpg I think you can just see the hole I drilled in the stack ?

I bought one last year but never got around to making a bracket to hold it in place. Can you show me how you have done that?

Another thing I have done is wired up a LED strip under the glass hold strip, below the back box using 3528 LED's:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-300-LE..._Lights_Fairy_Lights&var=&hash=item51b1954ff7

It uses a blue strip until just past the ramp and then swaps to red above THING. It really brightens up that area.

W
I bought one last year but never got around to making a bracket to hold it in place. Can you show me how you have done that?

Another thing I have done is wired up a LED strip under the glass hold strip, below the back box using 3528 LED's:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-300-LE..._Lights_Fairy_Lights&var=&hash=item51b1954ff7

It uses a blue strip until just past the ramp and then swaps to red above THING. It really brightens up that area.[/QUOT what are you needing a bracket for ? The car are the train ? . Mine are stuck in place with some 3m double side sticky foam , which comes on a roll , I got this from a car parts place , it sticks like s--t , but is also quite easy to get off if you want to remove , I got some of the white waterproof led strip , they are not very bright At the moment you can see a green glow coming down that is the strip I have got on at the moment , don't like the green ! , but some bright white strip has arrived today and it hans not got the waterproof covering on so is easier to cut and solder , I will be putting that under the channel strip instead of the green , the other train has come today so if I get chance I will convert that and it can go on the freebie Friday post if any one would like one ?

Don't know why my post got attached to your quote ? Anyway , what are you needing a bracket for ? The car are the train ? . Mine are stuck in place with some 3m double side sticky foam , which comes on a roll , I got this from a car parts place , it sticks like s--t , but is also quite easy to get off if you want to remove , I got some of the white waterproof led strip , they are not very bright At the moment you can see a green glow coming down that is the strip I have got on at the moment , don't like the green ! , but some bright white strip has arrived today and it hans not got the waterproof covering on so is easier to cut and solder , I will be putting that under the channel strip instead of the green , the other train has come today so if I get chance I will convert that and it can go on the freebie Friday post if any one would like one ?

Cheers Adie
Here's the paint I used for the roof , I got it from Boys , just a local shop that sells modelling stuff , but , I would imagine any sandy or beige colour will look good image.jpg

Don't know why my post got attached to your quote ? Anyway , what are you needing a bracket for ? The car are the train ? . Mine are stuck in place with some 3m double side sticky foam , which comes on a roll , I got this from a car parts place , it sticks like s--t , but is also quite easy to get off if you want to remove , I got some of the white waterproof led strip , they are not very bright At the moment you can see a green glow coming down that is the strip I have got on at the moment , don't like the green ! , but some bright white strip has arrived today and it hans not got the waterproof covering on so is easier to cut and solder , I will be putting that under the channel strip instead of the green , the other train has come today so if I get chance I will convert that and it can go on the freebie Friday post if any one would like one ?

very generous!

I think I,ve got OCD on ebay , our lass is going ape s--t , I!ve got another 3cars coming , she does not know about them yet ;)

Where are you going to shove all this stuff???

The car and train look good. Very Gothic. But 3 might be overkill!

Mine went ape months ago - i bought a few storage units to squirrel away all the little bits which have accumulated (and are still accumulating).

http://www.raaco.com/Product_list-1121.aspx?GroupID=Skuffereol varer

So the utility room, which became the 'only 1 pinball allowed room', has become the room where i now store the bits for when the 3 pinballs in the other room breakdown.

She got a some nice jewellery last week.

I would love one of your mods but I would feel bad taking one as I already have a train to do myself. If you want to give me a price for the car then I will buy one of them as I bought a few last year but none of them were right and the colour spraying is not my skill set.

Here is a picture showing the blue and red from my strip:

DSC03593_zpsd6870b4b-1.jpg

All in my old thread:
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/my-life-with-an-ex-arcade-taf.1060/page-4

I would love one of your mods but I would feel bad taking one as I already have a train to do myself. If you want to give me a price for the car then I will buy one of them as I bought a few last year but none of them were right and the colour spraying is not my skill set.

DSC03593_zpsd6870b4b-1.jpg

All in my old thread:
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/my-life-with-an-ex-arcade-taf.1060/page-4
Them colours look great .
About the car , I am having problems fitting the LEDs I snapped the headlights trying to drill them , but I've got a plan B , I,ll let you know how it works out , also mine are not an exact copy of the real car , mine has 2doors the proper one has 4 , but you can,t notice when it's on , I've looked for the 4door model everywhere but no luck , I found one but it was very expensive and it might be to big , we,ll find out when it arrives (ebay overkill again ).

Where are you going to shove all this stuff???

The car and train look good. Very Gothic. But 3 might be overkill!

Mine went ape months ago - i bought a few storage units to squirrel away all the little bits which have accumulated (and are still accumulating).

http://www.raaco.com/Product_list-1121.aspx?GroupID=Skuffereol varer

So the utility room, which became the 'only 1 pinball allowed room', has become the room where i now store the bits for when the 3 pinballs in the other room breakdown.

She got a some nice jewellery last week.
I,m going for one more , the safe on the other side of the playfield , I like how you are gaining more rooms then gaining some brownie points by buying her something , I think they are all the same , never happy when they see us happy and it does not involve them ! ;) Hope she never reads this ! :oops:

DSC03593_zpsd6870b4b-1.jpgimage.jpg Here's the second car I am doing with the headlights snapped :mad:, like I said I think I have a plan B , let's hope it works :thumbs:

All in my old thread:

I've got the proper car with the flashing lights, it is very expensive but I gave £50 for it from a guy off the Yahoo group a couple of years ago. I didn't know where to put it (never thought of the ramp, don't know why) I think I will move mine to where yours sits.
I have also got the train but I would make a hash of it tying to drill and fit an led, I would part ex you mine for one of yours plus expenses?
Cheers Adie

image.jpg Next train drilled out .
I think I have been lucky so far , there is not a lot of tolerance between the hole and the o.d of the stack , so far so good , now sort the led , resistor and wiring then to paint

Back
Top Bottom