What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

System 7 board repair.

HomerRamone

Site Supporter
Alias
HomerRamone
Cant recall if I asked this before - but if I did I cant find the thread.
Looking for someone that is able to take my CG System 7 MPU/Driver board give them a once over with a view to repair. CG has a rotten dog in it currently - currently trying to track down an issue with the switch matrix which im cautiously optimistic I can fix. It *did* have an intermittent fault with double flipper reset.. which I seemed to have fixed.. until it wasnt.. then seemed to be OK.. until it wasnt again.
I have the original boards from it so thinking might be worth getting those repaired - even if I fix the issues a spare set of Sys 7 boards wont go amiss. Depending on cost of course (but then the only Sys 7 replacement I can find is $499 from http://pinballpcb.com/ plus shipping and customs I expect.

Double flipper reset is the power into the MPU I believe, possibly mentioned on pinwiki or pinside. Had same issue on jungle lord and removing and reseating the power cable on the MPU fixed it, not sure if it's the 5v or 12v dropping when holding both flippers so could be PSU related as well.

For replacements theres the NW7 from pinball technologies and lisy.dev have an FPGA based replacement, but you have to get the boards built yourself via pcbway or the like.

Also the Arduino based APC board can replace Sys7 boards

Back
Top Bottom