What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swavesey 2017, who's in?

Don't you spend more time over there than over here Neil?

Hopefully last trip for a while but I will get to play Dialled in and AFMR whilst I'm over there so not the end of the world :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BM66 sadly given a bad name owing to the SLE pricing but an epic game and the best is still to come!

I enjoyed it..... but it's hard to see where the money has been spent even on the so called Premium :-/

I agree, not great VFM from a contents point of view. Let's see what the game turns out like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nice to see a few of you today at Patrick.

Put some new faces to names and then got knocked outta the comp in the first round. No change there then :thumbs:

Thanks to all for organising and donating games.

Would have been lovely to come, however Gout in the right Knee has meant I cant drive and have been on an enforced "off-my-feet" weekend :(

Bastard Old-age :mad::mad:

Would have been lovely to come, however Gout in the right Knee has meant I cant drive and have been on an enforced "off-my-feet" weekend :(

Bastard Old-age :mad::mad:
Same here, have never been to this one and would have loved to but just had shoulder surgery (again!) so can't play anyway.

Last edited:
Only made it for the one day (Sat) but great line up of pins. Was really impressed with BM66, shoots nicely and the rules seem pretty good. I guess there could be a good bit of depth with all those extra villains that get selected somehow.. Had a really fun time with Viper Night Drivin too. Pretty simple game, but really enjoyed it.

Thanks kindly to Mark and those that brought pins. Hopefully some good money raised

Huge thanks too to Poi for the generous lift. Probably the longest trip for a one day event I've been on, but great company :thumbs:

What a great little event.

Village pub on a market square adjacent to the green. The place had a really nice feel - dart board, pool table, bar billiards, plenty of space, little courtyard round the back. The pinball felt both part of the pub and also detached from it.

I enjoyed the batman 66, it is obviously a great theme. The PR around this game is dreadful thanks to the SLE hype. The current crop of Sterns - Walking Dead, Game of Thrones etc are all pretty basic in engineering terms/ toys compared to the Bally Williams 90s games. The batman 66 is no exception. It does have better cab and head art than most Sterns. Great sounds from the iconic tv show. The colour screen works well if that is your thing. But a pretty basic two flipper fan layout

But £9k for the Premium ? Seems toppy versus £6.3k for an Aerosmith Pro, which plays similarly well imho. And they all seem toppy compared to high watermark 90s games.

Thanks to the organisers.

Big thanks to Mark Squires for putting on a great event and his hospitality.

The figure raised was a little over £1,100 which was a big leap forward from last years total.

Nice to meet @cooldan

Congratulations to @mufcmufc for winning the competition, and @Wayne J in being the runner up.

Had my ass kicked on Batman 66 by Nicks' eleven year old son.... but I will add that I am not the only one.

Yeah, Id like to echo the thanks to Mark for organising, and to everyone who brought machines along to make it possible.

It was the first Swavesey that I've been to, and it was awesome. Definitely going again next year (assuming it's run every year?), although next time I'm planning on staying over and have a few more beers...

Great, relaxed week-end as always. Thanks to everyone who brought machines, helped with set-up or breaking down, the flowerpot man for force selling the tickets to everyone who was within 5 feet of him, anyone who donated funds to the great charity and of course Mr Squires for organising again. Special shout out to Matt Vince, who again went above and beyond when it came to helping out with machines and their movements.

Great, relaxed week-end as always. Thanks to everyone who brought machines, helped with set-up or breaking down, the flowerpot man for force selling the tickets to everyone who was within 5 feet of him, anyone who donated funds to the great charity and of course Mr Squires for organising again. Special shout out to Matt Vince, who again went above and beyond when it came to helping out with machines and their movements.

The landlord of the pub is leaving in November, so it is really down to the new people who take over. The show has been running for probably about 10 years so its just the case of getting the new people to agree. I am sure they will not be turning down the chance for getting a full pub with lots of people eating/drinking for 3 days!

I am sure Mark will announce something early 2018, if not before.

The landlord of the pub is leaving in November, so it is really down to the new people who take over. The show has been running for probably about 10 years so its just the case of getting the new people to agree. I am sure they will not be turning down the chance for getting a full pub with lots of people eating/drinking for 3 days!

I am sure Mark will announce something early 2018, if not before.
Shame they are leaving, haven't been there that long have they??

It's a cool pub venue, the only thing I would say about it is the patio/ garden is looking a little neglected these days :/ Wouldn't take much to make it a bit more attractive.

Shame they are leaving, haven't been there that long have they??

It's a cool pub venue, the only thing I would say about it is the patio/ garden is looking a little neglected these days :/ Wouldn't take much to make it a bit more attractive.

Two years I believe. Think its down to the brewery... Whatever happens will not be known until the new people come in. Everyone has ideas on how a pub should be run. Refurbishment costs £s and from what Mark says the locals do not use the pub much in the week. Same old story.

Back
Top Bottom