What's new

Sold Stranger Things pro £7600

Buyer contacted me off forum, we discussed the mods and came to an agreement, they’ve since decided it’s not a good time for them to spend so much money.

I’ve been honest with my description, even down to small details. Hopefully people can see that in this description and my one on aiq, there are easily things I could have left out if I’d wanted to deceive anyone.

I’ve sold 3 other machines here and been equally as honest in their descriptions, even though it’s probably meant I’ve got less money for them. My DP I explained a reset issue I’d been having. My imdn i described the pooling it has and did a video of it for the buyer and described some other less than perfect things with it. My vpin I feel I described equally as well and when the buyer turned up they said ‘it’s in better shape than I thought’ which made me very happy, I’d rather undersell something than someone be disappointed. The 3 machines I’ve bought here I’ve also paid promptly when asked.

I’ve no reason to be an ahole and get a bad reputation as I intend to continue buying and selling machines here.

I've had this for nearly a week now and been picking off Insider Achievements as I've been playing 😁.

A number of things I've noticed from @Jib 's original post.

This is without doubt the best condition machine I've see for a long time - it looks as if its just been unboxed, regardless of number of plays. The 'scratches' on the lockdown bar are non-existent, and the shooter lane (having been fitted with cliffy protectors is immaculate).

The plastic ramps have no marks on them whatsoever, with no ball trails that you usually get. They sparkle.

There is a a slight line on the decal on the left ramp as noted, but you can hardly see it as it is under the ramp from the position you play.

There is a slight scratch on the back of the cabinet, but obviously that can't be seen from any normal angle as it's likely to be against a wall.

The 'issue' with double bounce from the centre shot is also not an issue. It's pinball, occasionally the ball will bounce back against the switch from a solid perfect shot, it's not a switch issue. If you were REALLY concerned you could fit a tensioner on the one way gate to help address this (the same as I fitted to the exit of the pops on JP2), but it's not needed.

The UV kit is amazing and the effect is really strong. Even in bright light during the day, you can tell you're in the upside down. As it's fitted with UV rubbers and posts, the effect is across the whole table, not just the playfield. It has clear protectors from Col under the slingshots, I don't know whether he has any UV plastic, but that could be a further addition?

Being fitted with flipper cooling fans means that there is no deteriation of rhe flipper power even after hours of play.

The upgrades to the speakers give a really good quality of sound, even at lower volumes - which I need to have so I don't upset the neighbours too much.

The cosmetic upgrades, such as the metal apron with magnetic decals, Dice shooter rod, pink scary button, magnetic back box decal and themed side rails all add to the overall look.

Overall its a fantastic machine, and whoever the new owner is is going to be very happy - feel free to take your time though, as I'm enjoying playing it and don't want to have to let it go too soon 🤣

Last edited:
Viewed and collected. Site donation made. Thanks to @Wayne J for looking after it and helping with the collection
Big thanks to Wayne for helping me this morning, the sausage sarnie on arrival was an unexpected bonus !
Really pleased with it , the condition of the game and all the mods were absolutely top drawer , pleasure to be the new owner Fran

Fantastic, was getting painful watching this great game sit! Definitely sign of the times.

Back
Top Bottom