What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Strange Science £750 [PHOTOS ADDED]

lukewells

Registered
£750 (only to forum members)

[Scroll down the thread for photos]

I've spend a load of time and money on it.

Full playfield stripdown, deep clean, new rubber and balls, bulbs etc, all the usual things.
All 3 flippers rebuilt at great expense
New mains lead
New volume pot
New CPU board headers for lamps (common failure point) and loom connectors
NVRAM fitted
CPU board strip down, all new turned pin sockets, new molex connectors for power etc
Cab touched up
Has all LED GI
Nice backglass
Has new reproduction 6803 keypad

I will take some photos when I get time, but will post videos below showing the restoration.

Viewing and collection is person if preferred as I would rather show you round every detail of the machine so you know what you are buying. There are no hidden secrets, but there are a few imperfections as with any machine of this age (wrinkles in the mylar, couple of non fatal plastic cracks etc) I guess the worst thing is the side rails, as with all mid 80's Bally's there are some flaking of the coating/corrosion, as they metal they used was terrible.

There is no topper

Last edited:
i was playing on one of these at a league meet today at Dawn's place.
a fun little game, and you don't see them about too often

No interest before it's off to ebay to let pinflation work it's magic?

Last non-restored one on ebay was £771 last year, and that's without all the work I put into this one.

Flipper rebuilds, balls and rubber alone were £150, Conectors, sockets, misc parts, wire etc another £50 and you are getting the 20+ hours of time spent on it for free

Last edited:
A lady called Julia Bickerstaff in Garforth Leeds made me a new neon in light blue. £100 inc a transformer. Ok i had to collect it but i was more than happy with it.

The light at the top being missing is the only thing stopping me from buying this. It's a great machine and the seller knows his gerbils from rats too!

The neons are available to buy, but it is of course not worth me investing anymore money in this as it's being sold and my ceiling is not high enough in the cabin

I know Bay Area Amusements and Pinball Centre have them as well as a couple of other places, something like £65

I'm just looking for my DSLR and then I will go take some pics

DSC_9265 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9268 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9280 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9284 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9289 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9290 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9291 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9292 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9293 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9294 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9295 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9299 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9300 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9302 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9304 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9305 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9306 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9313 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9315 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9316 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9317 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9318 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9319 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9320 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9322 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9323 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9324 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9326 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9328 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9329 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9330 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9331 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9332 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9335 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9336 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9337 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9338 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9339 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9340 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9344 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9345 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9347 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9348 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9349 (Medium).JPG
DSC_9350 (Medium).JPG

Ah jesus! Things always come up at the wrong time. I've wanted a Strange Science for myself for ages, and with the condition of this plus the work you've put in i'd be an idiot to turn it town. But, and it's a big but, I just don't have room right now!

This hobby is so frustrating sometimes!!

Ah jesus! Things always come up at the wrong time. I've wanted a Strange Science for myself for ages, and with the condition of this plus the work you've put in i'd be an idiot to turn it town. But, and it's a big but, I just don't have room right now!

This hobby is so frustrating sometimes!!

Problem easily solved: buy it, loan it out and bring it back when you have the space. That's what i have done with other machines as i am waiting for the man cave to be completed. Exciting times.

Back
Top Bottom