What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Venom

Anyone know how the Carnage captive ball target physically works, can't say I've seen one like it before? Does it move up 1 step per hit or would a decent hit move it further?

I was thinking if it's the latter, over time would it move further as it loosens up or become stiffer and need a bit of lubricating?
From watching that stream I posted Brian said that its possible to do it in One hit but it has to be really clean a hard hit to do it, and very rare. They said 2 hits is possible but most people take three.

what's the story about financial reasons Kris ? i thought the delays were about the parts

No mate. It's to do with the exchange rate.

Phil discusses it in this podcast. Sorry I can't point to to exact place in the video, but we certainly discuss Cactus.

I’m not sure apart from the les that any pro or premiums have been sold
Really? **** if true this has to be one of the worst releases this side of the pond. Not exactly surprising as we get royally ****ed in the ass by Electrocoins tax.

Can we start talking about everything that's crap about this game 😅😅
When your mates are round you'll have to the make sure you have few type of phone charges handy just incase they arrive with their phones dead, as they can't log in to Insider.

"If you don’t have a smart phone, there are also printable options avaliable for QR codes, including key chains." I do not know what this means tbh.

The game is slow until the fast ball locks kick out the ball/s.

You can save your game progress by getting "in-game benefits" and cheating your way through the game by having "the ability to bypass boss battles"

Still really want to play one, it could be really great. I spoke with my kids and half explained the levelling up stuff and they really like this levelling up thing and the fact they can use their mobile phones. This game may well get the youngsters more involved actually.

Last edited:
So other than (and I’m guessing) Neil and Lee who are likely in on LEs has anyone else pulled the trigger on a venom?

Oh sorry Scott, I remember you posting that before sorry. So other than 3 LEs, no premiums or pros?

I made a casual enquiry to see if there were any 'tempting offers' to go in early on one (Pro or Premium) but was told no. As such I see no benefit in committing to one until they are in a box ready to be delivered. My money/space may be gone by the time they land over here.

This release hasn't exactly set the Pinball community alight like maybe an Elwin Pin would so Pros and Premiums should be readily available once they are shipped.

When do we think they will arrive over here?

Last edited:
Sterns next game will have to be a banger.

By the looks of things there will be a lot of Venom's stuck in warehouses. They certainly can't dump another poor seller onto the distributors.

If it is Jaws or BTTF they'll be fine.

Distributor s have no choice they have to take a certain amount
I am like marvelo I will probably buy a premium but why would I want to pay in full now and have to probably wait till October before I get it
I would not count on jaws being an amazing game just yet look at bond amazing theme probably better than jaws but struggled with licence s has killed it a bit although it’s much improved elwin designed the 60th and that’s the worst out of them all

I am like marvelo I will probably buy a premium but why would I want to pay in full now and have to probably wait till October before I get it
I would not count on jaws being an amazing game just yet look at bond amazing theme probably better than jaws but struggled with licence s has killed it a bit although it’s much improved elwin designed the 60th and that’s the worst out of them all
Bond 60th is an amazing layout and decent code struggling under the weight of some very strange creative decisions.

Sounds like Jaws is going to be very much like Jurassic Park, a generic shark (Dino in JPs case) pinball adventure with the title slapped on it.

If anyone can make a great shooting game with zero assets like JP it’s Elwin. Likely why they gave the Jaws licence to him, it was one of the reason he got JP supposedly.

Back
Top Bottom