What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Venom

Agree If i was mr stern i’d do exactly the same. even if they don’t sell immediately, then just land them on your dealer network, who carry the cost and storage and insurance costs of all your stock! great business model. from their viewpoint they sell everything they produce.

I don't think id ever buy a le even for BTTF , Ive got to the point now that extra 5k I just think that's nearly another stern pro or a couple of older Ballys, had I been able to buy a Stranger things premium and save a couple of grand I would of done.

The Pro is the same price as Pulp Fiction. I much prefer Pulp Fiction as a theme, it has all the hype and more on the playfield but there's something about Venom that is starting to grab me.

Hopefully my wanted ad bears fruit but I wouldn't rule either one of these out in future, and at the moment I'd probably lean towards Venom.

The Pro is the same price as Pulp Fiction. I much prefer Pulp Fiction as a theme, it has all the hype and more on the playfield but there's something about Venom that is starting to grab me.

Hopefully my wanted ad bears fruit but I wouldn't rule either one of these out in future, and at the moment I'd probably lean towards Venom.

It's really good because Stern don't have the monopoly. It's good that there is a serious decision over whether to have Venom or Pulp Fiction. I was looking at all the prices compared to Scooby last night and I'd have it over quite a few games.

I think the biggest shame is JJP's cheapest pin being £13K. They're not even in the conversation with Stern, Spooky & CGC at that price.

High prices and poor themes will be JJP's downfall.

If it is Elton John next that will be another nail in the coffin.
And the rumour is on the 18k EJ CE they have put a brown starfish on the coindoor that’s connected to the shaker motor and a Dildo next to it connected to the flippers so they can well and truly stick it right up ya 😝

edit -
Maybe a little too much sorry 😬

But you have more of a chance of getting Venom in the next 2 months, unlike a Pulp Fiction (a year if you are lucky!!!!! - they cant even get CC to the UK yet).

Secondly I’ve just gone in on a venom and I will need the room when it comes.
Pro or Premium? (or LE?).
Bringing over to the Venom thread. I'm normally fine with Pro models but the Premium/LE on this one do look to have enough extra things to make a reasonable difference to gameplay, not £3k difference mind.

I'm still struggling to adjust to current prices, and another £3k on top for a Premium would be hard to stomach.

I wonder if this game will be a bit of a sleeper?

I really don't mind a fan layout, it's more the tight shots that are putting me off until I've played it and the fact that I've ordered Pulp Fiction.

I think Foo Fighters Pro looks more stripped than Venom Pro.

Bringing over to the Venom thread. I'm normally fine with Pro models but the Premium/LE on this one do look to have enough extra things to make a reasonable difference to gameplay, not £3k difference mind.

I'm still struggling to adjust to current prices, and another £3k on top for a Premium would be hard to stomach.
Agree with most that the pro has been stripped heavily. Maybe stern want to push the pros out buy making them undesirable 🤷‍♂️. I’m no expert and not been in this long enough to really put my 2 cents in.

I think for me I spent quite a bit on GZ prem putting LE stuff on it. Which tells me I should be ordering LE’s. Which is another reason why I’ve gone this route.

I also love the artwork on the LE and the mirror blades.

I wonder if this game will be a bit of a sleeper?

I really don't mind a fan layout, it's more the tight shots that are putting me off until I've played it and the fact that I've ordered Pulp Fiction.

I think Foo Fighters Pro looks more stripped than Venom Pro.
Seen a few people on the pinside thread saying it’s like mando but pushed back further. I love my mando so I hope it is like this. As mandos shots being so close to the flippers can make it very difficult and clunky if you can’t get it right.

Seen a few people on the pinside thread saying it’s like mando but pushed back further. I love my mando so I hope it is like this. As mandos shots being so close to the flippers can make it very difficult and clunky if you can’t get it right.
Mando was definitely too far forward for me

I see pinball co.uk still has LEs available to order on the website. So assume UK has been allocated more than those initial 5 Phil mentioned.

Am I correct in thinking the uptake in US on LE has been poor so more being offered to the uk?

I've heard many LEs still available in the USA.

Either a good thing or bad depending on how you look at it.

Obviously you want it to sell well so they don't abandon it and continue to code and improve the game.

On the other hand 2 or 3 badly selling titles in a row might make them back down on their ridiculous pricing model.

The Americans are saying that $13K is too much - I think Stern has hit its ceiling price for LE’s.. it will have to be desirable themes to command that price..

Will wait to see what the next game is

Stern played a clever card by getting Foo Fighters out early and grabbing the cash ahead of the other releases earlier this year, this is just the fallout from customers committing to games from other manufacturers and waiting to see what Elwin delivers next.

$13k is too much, but so is the extra £3k Electrocoin add on over the what the true UK market value should be. Simple answer, walk away.

Stern played a clever card by getting Foo Fighters out early and grabbing the cash ahead of the other releases earlier this year, this is just the fallout from customers committing to games from other manufacturers and waiting to see what Elwin delivers next.

$13k is too much, but so is the extra £3k Electrocoin add on over the what the true UK market value should be. Simple answer, walk away.
Exactly Electrocoin are the biggest problem this side of the pond, all Stern and Electrocoins greed will do is rekindle the grey imports that where common place in the early to mid SAM era.

Exactly Electrocoin are the biggest problem this side of the pond, all Stern and Electrocoins greed will do is rekindle the grey imports that where common place in the early to mid SAM era.

Or just choose another manufacturer as is the case with me.

£8295 for a Pulp Fiction blasts anything else Stern do out of the water for price so I ordered one.

I've been offered a good deal for one of my other games so could go down the Venom route but Bond looks to be getting better. However, at this moment in time I'd be more tempted with TNA, Valhalla, Lebowski, Cactus or a nice Whitewater, TOM or AFM.

I must admit I am interested in a Venom.

It's annoying two pins in a row are interesting to me.
Hopefully next 10 titles are all on gardening, teen girl programs off Nickelodeon, and cooking.

I must admit I am interested in a Venom.

It's annoying two pins in a row are interesting to me.
Hopefully next 10 titles are all on gardening, teen girl programs off Nickelodeon, and cooking.
You’ll still want them, it’s Sterns magical allure to all the addicts here.

Or just choose another manufacturer as is the case with me.

£8295 for a Pulp Fiction blasts anything else Stern do out of the water for price so I ordered one.

I've been offered a good deal for one of my other games so could go down the Venom route but Bond looks to be getting better. However, at this moment in time I'd be more tempted with TNA, Valhalla, Lebowski, Cactus or a nice Whitewater, TOM or AFM.
And that is Venoms biggest problem if your talking pro trim, then just about every other Stern pro has more features making them better value.

Last edited:
And that is Venoms biggest problem if your talking pro trim, then just about every other Stern pro has more features making them better value.

I actually think it looks to have more than Foo Pro to be honest mate.

But there are better pins to spend £8K+ on for me. The tight shots have also swung the balance...... I'm definitely getting worse at pinball 🤣

Better value maybe but not necessarily a better game or more enjoyable.

I've had loaded Pins that haven't lasted any longer than less loaded ones. It's a shame they can't have more variable prices based on BOM (outside of the current Pro/Premium/LE models). I realise there are other factors like licensing, and fewer coils/flippers/toys won't make a massive price difference per Pin so debatable how much cheaper they could be. Although there's also Stern's Home Pin models which are a bit too cheaped out.

I can't decide between Pulp Fiction and Venom Pro. I may possibly own both at some point but not sure which to go in on first and which will be easier to get in future.

Back
Top Bottom