What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Spiderman USB Update Problem

replace the u9 boot rom or swap out from another machine to update then put the old one back in i am sure this is an early boot rom and swaping it for a later one will sort your problem if you are strugling i can post you a boot rom from my spare sam cpu if you would post it back when you have done the update
thanks chris

I'd throw in the one from ac/dc if it's the same type

Thanks for the confirmation Chris. I'm away from home for a few days now, but I'll remove that chip from my AC /DC when I get back and use it in Spiderman just to update it.
I'll advise how I get on for future reference.

Right, tried the Boot Eprom out of my AC/DC in Spiderman this evening without success. :( Also tried an ancient 256Mb USB drive that @Archyta5 had available - still no good. :mad:

Game will still not allow an update from either USB stick with the newer boot eprom in place, but it would reboot correctly. I suspect that I'll need the correct Eprom for the game.

An update, and a successful conclusion to this problem. Many thanks to @Paul who burnt me a new V3.1 Boot Eprom and posted it to me. :thumbs:

I installed the new Boot Eprom into Spiderman and the game updated to the latest code using my 4Gb memory stick with no problems. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom