What's new

Stern Spiderman USB Update Problem

replace the u9 boot rom or swap out from another machine to update then put the old one back in i am sure this is an early boot rom and swaping it for a later one will sort your problem if you are strugling i can post you a boot rom from my spare sam cpu if you would post it back when you have done the update
thanks chris

I'd throw in the one from ac/dc if it's the same type

Thanks for the confirmation Chris. I'm away from home for a few days now, but I'll remove that chip from my AC /DC when I get back and use it in Spiderman just to update it.
I'll advise how I get on for future reference.

Right, tried the Boot Eprom out of my AC/DC in Spiderman this evening without success. :( Also tried an ancient 256Mb USB drive that @Archyta5 had available - still no good. :mad:

Game will still not allow an update from either USB stick with the newer boot eprom in place, but it would reboot correctly. I suspect that I'll need the correct Eprom for the game.

An update, and a successful conclusion to this problem. Many thanks to @Paul who burnt me a new V3.1 Boot Eprom and posted it to me. :thumbs:

I installed the new Boot Eprom into Spiderman and the game updated to the latest code using my 4Gb memory stick with no problems. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom