What's new

Stern announcement on Thursday

Apparently AS etc are doing well in sales and Stern doesn't want to announce another game that would take sales away from games being produced

Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Sigh. Lynyrd Skynyrd? In 2017?? Do we need to brace ourselves for the inevitable Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, and Grateful Dead machines as well?! These tired old rock band themes... meh.

America is in the middle of a music revolution now that they've finally discovered dance music, or EDM as they insist on calling it. As with a lot of things,& America has taken this and ramped it up to a whole new level. Festivals like Ultra and Electric Daisy are massive over there now. And therein lies a great opportunity. Trance, and most music that you might hear in a club, is all about heavy bass lines, soaring lead synths, and light shows, all of which would lend itself very nicely to a game. I'm surprised we haven't seen lasers in some form in a pin yet. How about a little smoke machine that obscures the playfield for a few seconds! Stick an upgraded sound system in it, let players Bluetooth onto it and stream their own music with the game's light show responding to whatever is being played, and boom... something way more interesting and engaging than Sweet Home Alabama!

Rob

Sigh. Lynyrd Skynyrd? In 2017?? Do we need to brace ourselves for the inevitable Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, and Grateful Dead machines as well?! These tired old rock band themes... meh.

America is in the middle of a music revolution now that they've finally discovered dance music, or EDM as they insist on calling it. As with a lot of things,& America has taken this and ramped it up to a whole new level. Festivals like Ultra and Electric Daisy are massive over there now. And therein lies a great opportunity. Trance, and most music that you might hear in a club, is all about heavy bass lines, soaring lead synths, and light shows, all of which would lend itself very nicely to a game. I'm surprised we haven't seen lasers in some form in a pin yet. How about a little smoke machine that obscures the playfield for a few seconds! Stick an upgraded sound system in it, let players Bluetooth onto it and stream their own music with the game's light show responding to whatever is being played, and boom... something way more interesting and engaging than Sweet Home Alabama!

Rob

I agree but unfortunately it won't happen.

Stern's main market now for a large amount of their games is home sales. Who's buying these games? The 40+ somethings with the spare cash now that they're middle aged with money to blow on a fancy toy. What do these people like? Tired old bands... So that's what they're gonna sell.

Great theme, looking at the limited images, I feel a little disappointed. Think the art could be better and PF looks a little basic.

Gutted. I was literally prepared to sell loads of **** to fund this and it looks meh. Really unimpressed and deflated by the art. Let's see how it plays.

Fan layout, bare playfield, cut and paste artwork .... meh

Say what you like about JJP but look at their effort with licences (Hobbit) compared to Stern

I'm looking at 2 unloved trilogies in my front room and tbh this looks like a Sega

See how it plays. In Steve R we trust. ST Pro plays superb but wouldn't win any prizes art wise

Just noticed the wireform ramp looping around in front of the flippers on the Premium and LE. Eeuuurggghh. :eek:

Oh no i have sold lots and been saving for this announcement, but not to sure now it wasnt what i excpected, i might go the alien route or even go back to trying to find a star wars triology again and a sega machine i have yet to own!

That loop looks like hurricane. And that slowed the game up no end. (Not as much as the double Ferris wheels mind you!!)

I was really hoping for some dirty donny style art. I know it's not all about the art....... but it sure does help

Maybe it's an accelerator loop? If ball flys around the back speeded up by rear magnets than blasts into the death star ?

Shame your have to go prem \ le for that as could be awesome

Back
Top Bottom