What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball Scooby Doo

I'm really enjoying it when it works right. Had a few issues with ball trough ( may still be having, it's intermittent), VUK to mystery machine lock taking many attempts but I think that's just getting the coil strength correct, lowering it quite a lot seems to have fixed it 90%. I'm Scoobied out for now.

Been footie with Gabe and just finished me T.
I’ve downloaded the latest code and about to update it after my coffee n cake.
If nothing else it looks gorgeous when it’s just sitting there and I almost got a game when @Chaggers popped to take through my spares boxes 😂
Will be back in an hour or so with 1st impressions.

Update on update 😜

IMG_1605.jpeg

Last edited:
So after only 3 games as I noticed topper was off so investigated and now gotta get little fella to bed.
Bear in mind it’s not levelled so a little wonky and I would like to set at 7 deg as they suggest but I did update to latest code via USB at coundoor and it was a super simple process.

Bear in mind I’ve never watched gameplay so it’s a steep learning curve atm.

1st game I chose Scooby.
I was trying to suss where the ball was coming from as sometimes it was fast and furious exiting the inner orbits.
The double left outlane also threw me too and had me a little confused but I think it’s possibly a chance to get your ball back if you light both lanes.
Also I was unprepared for the upper PF but soon remembered the quirky bookcase flipper was also a divertor.
No multiball but managed to lock 2 balls in mystery machine and one on the Aprons left cock.

2nd game chose Shaggy as each character has a bonus and his was a mini game of sandwich stacking which I never got to play.
Pretty much similar to the 1st game but started a mode Miner 49er which had an awesome light show 🤩 Call-outs described what I needed to aim for so pretty simple.
Didn’t complete the mode but managed a captain cutler battle and again failed.
Enjoyed this game better than the last and the sound’s definitely put a smile on your face.

3rd game back to Scooby and started to get a feel for the shots albeit didn’t find them easy they were not difficult.
Game time was a lot longer and I think overall it’s a forgiving game.
Locked 2 balls again and another in the left cock but no multiball.

Impressions.
It actually looks super well built and I think spooky are going strength to strength in this dept. Looks wise it blows TNA / RnM on my CE flavour and the powder coat is absolutely gorgeous.
The art is on point with a different package on each side inc the head unlike some of the lazy efforts of stern.
Sounds are typical of an episode of the show and voice actors have done a sterling job. Music also suited it down to the ground.
The game is super loaded and the upper PF doesn’t take up half of the lower one but somehow looks huge in itself.
Best of all It’s not floaty like some wide body games and kinda feels like a standard PF is in there somehow.
Finally the light show is typical spooky and true to fashion they got the wow factor yet again 🤩 just 🤩

Only time will tell and I’m on the honeymoon but one things for sure it plays nothing like anything I’ve ever owned in the past and this can only be a good thing.
In a lineup it fits in well unlike my TNA which it replaced, that was short in the **** and stuck out strangely so I moved elsewhere to accommodate Scooby. It also breaks up that typical sterile Stern look and partly the reason it sits in the middle of my main lineup.

What Could have been better? This is a hard one and I may add to this at a later date but being pernickety!
The translite is old school printed glass hurrah! with pearlescent white on the mystery machine and more great art but I just wished they had added some mirror effect on there.
Also it would have been nice if the topper worked out of the box but I’ll try sort this tomorrow.

My two penneth for what it’s worth.

Had quite a few games this morn and a mate popped over and can’t get him off 😂
Getting to grips and enjoying it even more a love the heartbeat effect through the shaker which is so simple but really effective.
Getting the cock locks down to pat for the Scooby snack multiball and starting to dial in the shots better.

Everything is spot on apart from the topper however to check it wasn’t just something simple I swapped the topper with the speaker output and it lights up.
So I’m guessing it’s this small esp32 board or whatever they called.

IMG_1612.jpeg

For now I’ll leave it switched around but I think the light show is possibly different from the button one anyone confirm this for me.

Back to solve a few mystery’s 😜

Got my Scooby yesterday and I think it’s a great looking machine,it was a bit steamed up on delivery so I took the glass off and let it acclimatise. Initially everything seemed fine play wise apartfrom a ball trap on the top of the blue wire form fixed by removing it and a slight bend to keep the ramp further right.Also my lock at button was sticking and needed the light ring adjusted. After 4 or five plays after locking a ball in the mean machine to start a mystery the game registered a lost ball repeatedly till game over. Put new code on and same so lifted the playfield and played with the connections on the main board. I suspect the middle connection from the ball trough but maybe someone could confirm I’m on the right track. Anyway it stopped doing it now so something i reseated has sorted it. Plays great and I have completed a couple of the mysteries and unmasked the baddies in one game so it is very achievable goals wise, the top playfield is fun and an asset to the game. So far I’m very happy 😃

I'm really enjoying it when it works right. Had a few issues with ball trough ( may still be having, it's intermittent), VUK to mystery machine lock taking many attempts but I think that's just getting the coil strength correct, lowering it quite a lot seems to have fixed it 90%. I'm Scoobied out for now.
Maybe same fault I had check connection on main board underneath playfield

Trough fault I had ( and also Kirk had ) was the upkicker from the ball trough was jamming in the up position so balls couldn't roll down. The bottom bracket that holds the coil in place wasn't pushed up tight against the coil on my machine, I slackened the 2 Phillips screws, pushed the bracket up tight to the coil and re-secured. It's been ok since 🤞

Let Phil know about your decal, he already knows about mine, Kirks and Colys. They'll probably send a batch to Phil. Looks like they've over tensioned the banding pulling the lump of cardboard hard into the decal.

I've spoken to Phil but still waiting for my machine to be delivered - he is aware and I've suggested we are all going to need replacement decals. I'm guessing it would make sense that we all get delivered first and then one shipment can be organised from Spooky for the replacements.

That is a good point, given the thickness on the decals now, surely the wood might be damaged. I hope not for your guy’s sake!

Nothing a bit wood filler and sanding on your brand new £10k machine won’t sort out! 😒😒

Back
Top Bottom