What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spider-Man LEDS

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

has anyone worked out a list to convert stern Spider-Man to LEDs?

Just trying to save myself sometime :D

Neil.

IMHO just buy:
a saver bag of sunlight white wedge 555
&
A saver bag of sunlight white in bayonets 44/47

Colour matching is overrated, and time consuming! Plus different colours have different brightness (e.g. white vs yellow), so using the same bulbs under the inserts keeps your inserts at a consistent brightness level.

Sunlights whites are universally useful too.

SM needs an OCD board for LEDs, and some minor fettling. If you don't use it then you'll need antighosting bulbs, otherwise buy the simpler type. I use the 2smd frosted.

You may want some green GI bayoneted and flashers for the goblin area though, I'm not a monster...

Last edited:
I can't agree completely with that advice, some colours don't look much different if colour matched or not but some benefit, blue in particular looks really washed out if not colour matched. Green looks better colour matched too. Definitely easier to just install white though admittedly.

They don't illuminate very well and looks dull from above the playfield. Put bright white under yellow inserts for the best effect.

blue in particular looks really washed out if not colour matched. Green looks better colour matched too. Definitely easier to just install white though admittedly.
I agree

Just trying to save myself sometime :D
But with Neil's time constraints i felt a universal approach would still be more than acceptable. Red inserts also look more 'red' with a red LED, it's just how far do you go. LED it with whites, then if you want later you can take them out and replace on a per-colour basis and reuse them elsewhere.

As long as you NEVER buy yellow LEDs :cuckoo:

Ah yes ok have done that on other pinballs thought there was some Spider-Man specific issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've just done my Iron Man with all whites for the inserts and it looks great. I don't see a real need to colour match unless you'rte really fussy. You could put coloured ones under clear inserts if you wanted to change a few up, I found TWD pro a bit too white as most inserts are clear so changed a few of those around and it looked great.

IMHO just buy:
a saver bag of sunlight white wedge 555
&
A saver bag of sunlight white in bayonets 44/47

Colour matching is overrated, and time consuming! Plus different colours have different brightness (e.g. white vs yellow), so using the same bulbs under the inserts keeps your inserts at a consistent brightness level.

Sunlights whites are universally useful too.

SM needs an OCD board for LEDs, and some minor fettling. If you don't use it then you'll need antighosting bulbs, otherwise buy the simpler type. I use the 2smd frosted.

You may want some green GI bayoneted and flashers for the goblin area though, I'm not a monster...

are the sunlight whites like the same colour that Stern use in their machines? I like the stern LED feel in GB/TWD and batman.

Back
Top Bottom