What's new

Sloppy Lamp Holders

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
So everything is all working on my WPT now apart from 4 lights - when I press home the light, all is good, but left their own devices the lamp sits "sloppy" inside. This is on 4 of the lights - anyone ever had this and any suggestions beyond resoldering in 4 new lamp sockets. Was thinking of potentially adjusting the spring forward slightly, or crimping in the socket, but this feels wrong and a bit overkill.

I have, as an aside, ordered some plug and play LED lamps from Amazon to try in both WPT and TWD, I hate the sound of it kicking in on TWD and WPT was running a 12V backboard LED strip board. I would prefer to have it closer to stock. Will report back.

Thanks @carl lawrence - its almost as if these holders are too big though, the lamp is moving around inside and losing connection.

Interested to hear the correct solution, I have the same problem on a single lamp and it is bugging me. My plan was crimping...

You can crimp them a bit ,but even new holders the lamps are about loose in them ! .There is a few solutions to this problem.lamp holders do oxidize so a quick clean sorts them out , unless you have a faulty holder them a new holder is required . Having said that you can repair them , Clay's guild does show you how to !!

Back
Top Bottom