What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloppy Lamp Holders

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
So everything is all working on my WPT now apart from 4 lights - when I press home the light, all is good, but left their own devices the lamp sits "sloppy" inside. This is on 4 of the lights - anyone ever had this and any suggestions beyond resoldering in 4 new lamp sockets. Was thinking of potentially adjusting the spring forward slightly, or crimping in the socket, but this feels wrong and a bit overkill.

I have, as an aside, ordered some plug and play LED lamps from Amazon to try in both WPT and TWD, I hate the sound of it kicking in on TWD and WPT was running a 12V backboard LED strip board. I would prefer to have it closer to stock. Will report back.

Thanks @carl lawrence - its almost as if these holders are too big though, the lamp is moving around inside and losing connection.

Interested to hear the correct solution, I have the same problem on a single lamp and it is bugging me. My plan was crimping...

You can crimp them a bit ,but even new holders the lamps are about loose in them ! .There is a few solutions to this problem.lamp holders do oxidize so a quick clean sorts them out , unless you have a faulty holder them a new holder is required . Having said that you can repair them , Clay's guild does show you how to !!

Back
Top Bottom