What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Size Matters - new HD Pin2DMD 256x64 - Building again!

Hi buddy,

I messaged on the instant messenger on the website but not sure it came through.

Would be interested in 2 of these for a TOM, Junk yard for definite and possibly a Fish Tales.

Are you still making them?

Hi buddy,

I messaged on the instant messenger on the website but not sure it came through.

Would be interested in 2 of these for a TOM, Junk yard for definite and possibly a Fish Tales.

Are you still making them?

I’m just the assembler. The mastermind and creator is @stumblor (Davey)

To answer your question. YES we are very much still building these.

Get on the list:

I still need to send off my corvette speaker panel!! May I ask how much these beauties cost please

Prices slightly vary depending on game and options (speaker lights etc)

All info inc pricing can be found here:

I still need to send off my corvette speaker panel!! May I ask how much these beauties cost please

If you are looking to purchase for your Corvette you would just need to purchase the WPC95 panel. I’ve just done one of these for a customer for their Corvette…

D8E9A549-1E53-4E94-9025-1155F22CFB42.jpeg

It’s cool n all but I love the simplistic corvette panel with the red outline and simple “CORVETTE” font.
Davey will work his magic redesigning it for our larger panels when you get around to sending it in.

I’m sending out your Fish Tales acrylic today mate.

Does anyone know where I can get a Pin2DMD colorisation file for AFM? I went here, but it looks like it's vPin only?

Does anyone know where I can get a Pin2DMD colorisation file for AFM? I went here, but it looks like it's vPin only?

I've got it so it's not VP only, you'll have to contact the author for the real pin pin2dmd version. Mine came already installed and activated when I ordered the display

I've got it so it's not VP only, you'll have to contact the author for the real pin pin2dmd version. Mine came already installed and activated when I ordered the display
I guess I'll contact up the HD screen and see if it comes out in colour, then? (my FT didn't) :oops:

I guess I'll contact up the HD screen and see if it comes out in colour, then? (my FT didn't) :oops:

No we don't supply with colour files, since some authors charge and some don't. If you contact the author they'll be able to supply.

No we don't supply with colour files, since some authors charge and some don't. If you contact the author they'll be able to supply.
Trouble is I can't contact the author because I can't register for VPUniverse, as none of my email addresses send a confirmation email, and I was lucky last time because someone had the designer's email address - so, I emailed directly.

If anyone has the invite link for the VPUniverse Discord server that might help because I can't find the actual Discord invite link on the website either, and that's apparently how you troubleshoot confirmation email problems 😟

Trouble is I can't contact the author because I can't register for VPUniverse, as none of my email addresses send a confirmation email, and I was lucky last time because someone had the designer's email address - so, I emailed directly.

If anyone has the invite link for the VPUniverse Discord server that might help because I can't find the actual Discord invite link on the website either, and that's apparently how you troubleshoot confirmation email problems 😟

I've just PM'd him for you to ask for his email address (vbobrusev)

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have the same problem when my Creech HD Pin2DMD is finished... :eek:

I can't register for VPUniverse to download the (apparently free) colour file, because I can't get a confirmation email, and I can't contact the admins about the problem because that's done via the Discord, which I can't register for because it tries to link my Discord account email to the VPUniverse account I can't access!

Honestly, VPUniverse is the most frustrating website I have ever used (or tried to)! So, if the colour file is free and someone has it, please PM me and I can try to get it by email 🤯

just register a new gmail address and use that to access vpuniverse .
I’m not sure that will work 😭

So far, I’ve tried to register with a gmail address, a hotmail address, and my husband’s cantab.net address :( None of them get a confirmation email.

The problem seems common (loads of Google search results), but no obvious solution, and sufficiently many people must do what I‘ve done that the VPUniverse website says that - if you try to register more than one account - you will get banned. So, basically, the admins punish you for the problems with their website 🤪

I’m just hoping that I can contact @slippifishi via PinballInfo and @stumblor hears from the AFM colorisation designer. Then, hopefully, I won’t need to find any creative ways to further dark the doors to VPUniverse.

Strange because I used a Gmail email, that's how I got my RS, fishy and JP files from the creator. I admit it's often a slow mess of a site though.

Creech colorisation is amazing 👌 way better than the colordmd one. I'm torn on the AFM one though, (we swapped our colordmd into junk yard and put a pin2dmd into AFM). I find the dancing martian animation and the video mode look worse. Unless there's more than one colorisation

just register a new gmail address and use that to access vpuniverse .
A nice little hack I found out will working on a software project recently; in Gmail you can use some special syntax to create an email alias that will arrive in your main inbox e.g.

chris@gmail.com - main address
chris+fb@gmail.com - facebook alias
chris+twitter@gmail.com - twitter alias

It's a good strategy to identify if any company you sign up to passes on your information to third parties.

A nice little hack I found out will working on a software project recently; in Gmail you can use some special syntax to create an email alias that will arrive in your main inbox e.g.

chris@gmail.com - main address
chris+fb@gmail.com - facebook alias
chris+twitter@gmail.com - twitter alias

It's a good strategy to identify if any company you sign up to passes on your information to third parties.

That's incredible I never knew that

heres another thing about gmail:

my email address has dots in it. I can receive email to my email address with and without the dots !! or any combination.

e.g. fred.flintstone.1941@gmail.com will also receive any mail sent to fredflintstone1941@gmail.com or fredflintstone.1941@gmail.com or fred.flintstone1941@gmail.com
so you get 4 email addresses for the price of 1 !!! Bargain.
You can put the dot anywhere, so you could have a lot more if you don't mind breaking the sense of the name. I used to do it to get multiple free Dropbox accounts back in the day, but they eventually got wise!

Another question (sorry) that might be hopefully helpful to someone else. I’ve just got my AFM WPC95 HD speaker panel and have no instructions, so am installing based on the Pin2DMD instructions that came with my WPC Creech, plus whatever I did with my WPC Fish Tales panel.

I noticed that I hadn’t bothered connecting the green Earth wires to the Fish Tales panel. Doesn’t seem to be causing a problem for FT, but wondered if I should connect up the earth wires with AFM (pictured)? (And FT)

NOTE: I’ve got a colorDMD on there at the moment, hence the red splitter connector and big silver panel.

9EEBFD92-9A4D-40B0-B2D1-55FF067F9412.jpeg

Hey Viv - all instructions on the website - is that what you were after?

The ground wire is there to prevent potential electric shocks - defo worth having - but since now 12v only not quite as dangerous as the original 100v DMDs ;-)

Hey Viv - all instructions on the website - is that what you were after?

The ground wire is there to prevent potential electric shocks - defo worth having - but since now 12v only not quite as dangerous as the original 100v DMDs ;-)
Thanks, sorry. I’d completely forgotten they were on your website, and - when I searched this morning to work out how I installed the FT panel - I didn’t spot the link. Sorry about that :oops:

Back
Top Bottom