What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sega Baywatch - correct sounds info

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Just for the record.

I had my Baywatch originally running on the England 4.00 ROM. I noticed that the pops *always* made an explosion sound effect but yet I had seen other games with a 'clanging bell' sound ???

Turns out the England 4.00 version omits the 'bell' sound and uses the Squid Pop mode 'explosion' effect all the time. Who knows why but it does.

Remedied by swapping in the USA 4.00 ROM - the current up to date one on IPDB.

I like explosions, far better than bells. I think they know their British audience very well. :cool:

Sgt GrizZ LOVES explosions :cool: BUT ......its better when they are saved for the Squid Pops mode. And also the 'clanging buoy bell' has that great atmospheric Jaws vibe to it.

I have also noticed a couple of other small differences.........

You now get the Match sequence even on Freeplay, didn't before - Beach beauty contest ....scccchhhherwing ! :cool:

Pretty sure an extra slide popped up during the Rescue Diver mode - indicating how many seconds were left to collect the Diver extra ball award. I'm certain before the EB award for that mode stayed lit for the remainder of the ball rather than being timed.

My pops make the bell noise. I did notice when playing Simons though, he doesn't get a diagram of the diode and wire colours in switch test and also missing some speech of the female voice when entering the diagnostics. How do you find out which version you're running. Does it tell you on startup like bally/Williams

My pops make the bell noise. I did notice when playing Simons though, he doesn't get a diagram of the diode and wire colours in switch test and also missing some speech of the female voice when entering the diagnostics. How do you find out which version you're running. Does it tell you on startup like bally/Williams
Yup. First info that displays on power up.

Ah I just noticed this on my BW which i powered up today, after watching all the videos I was used to the ding bells (and really like this) but this game does not do it, I assumed it was some mode thing or maybe a adjustment menu thing but looks like you have answered by question! Will have to get a new set of roms burned hehe. Is that @Paul around here?

My game is on ROM: 2.01 so do I need to swap to the American 2.01 version or need to upgrade everything to 4.00? if so do I need to upgrade display / audio roms as well? (so basically all of them?)

Display and Game have to match (Well - At least the high level one). ... You cant have a V3 Display rom with a V4 Game chip and Vice Versa.

Audio wont need doing... Just Game and display ( 2 roms). Will sort ya 👍

Display and Game have to match (Well - At least the high level one). ... You cant have a V3 Display rom with a V4 Game chip and Vice Versa.

Audio wont need doing... Just Game and display ( 2 roms). Will sort ya 👍
Fantastic thank you @Paul :)
Cant wait to get my ding dongs back :D

@russdx1 You need this Chad code it improves the game:

@russdx1 You need this Chad code it improves the game:
It has the ding dongs pops? :)

Back
Top Bottom