What's new

Wanted Rock band pins

if people are thinking stern rock pinballs are suddenly going to drop in price then there living in fantasy land there isn't enough of them for a start theres more customers than pinballs

Now that lockdown is easing and silly season is over with pricing I'm looking to expand the collection. All sensible, genuine sales considered for the big name rock band pins - Aerosmith, ACDC, Metallica and KISS are the main ones I'm interested in. Already have IMDN Pro and GnR LE is on the way. My preference is for original condition - super glued matchbox cars and cereal box figures dotted around the playfield don't make it better IMO. Similarly, if you've spent a fortune on "mods", that's your business, I don't object to you adding them but I'm not paying extra for them unless it's a genuine topper and even then I'm fairly ambivalent. Apologies for being blunt but easier to say it out loud here than offend anyone when discussing a sale. So, if you're selling a good condition rock pin that hasn't been mucked about with too much and you're not being greedy, drop me a direct message. For the right pin at the right price I can stump up the cash fairly quickly and I can collect in the UK.
Do you work in the automotive industry? Car Sales?
Don't be offended please but this reminds me of when you go to trade your car in with loads of factory fitted extras, "sorry pal they ain't worth sh^t, does nothing to the value".
Then later you see your car for sale at the stealership "Hey buddy look at all the extras on this car, its got uprated calipers, bigger alloys, leather steering wheel, better sound system etc., etc," massive markup............. lol.

Edit: Good luck with the search, rock band pins are all awesome!

As others have said, good deals can still be had on here- case in point the Aerosmith that just sold. Hopefully you find something to go with your other music pins, for the price an Aerosmith seems amazing bang for buck
Yep, sorry to have missed that one, would have jumped on it.

Do you work in the automotive industry? Car Sales?
Don't be offended please but this reminds me of when you go to trade your car in with loads of factory fitted extras, "sorry pal they ain't worth sh^t, does nothing to the value".
Then later you see your car for sale at the stealership "Hey buddy look at all the extras on this car, its got uprated calipers, bigger alloys, leather steering wheel, better sound system etc., etc," massive markup............. lol.

Edit: Good luck with the search, rock band pins are all awesome!
Not at all offended although I can see I've offended a few others with the comments about mods. I don't work in automotive but I do work in procurement. What you're describing with the car dealer is accurate to a point - the dealer knows the mods don't really add value but he's hoping the idiot who wanders onto his forecourt will be dazzled by those funky callipers and pay less attention to the fundamentals. A savvy buyer will be more interested in the state of the pads and discs - why did you need uprated callipers, how was it being driven, who fitted them ? What does an un-modified car of the same type sell for ? I didn't mean to create a stir with this, I was simply stating my requirements, not sure whey everyone's got so hot under the collar about it....

Are you really surprised that people react to how you have described this?
People have tried to highlight to you that your approach is likely to influence you getting less offers because you are not just expressing an opinion but also judging people on theirs.
You are pushing these extras have no value but that is not fact, it is just your view. Others will pay for them and you won’t convince them by calling them idiots.

They don’t have any value to me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I will take any pin sound systems, invisible glass, toppers, side protectors etc, that new owners consider worthless. Happy to pay postage.

Surely this has added at least a grand to the standard Iron Maiden value:

IMG_5670.jpg

Back
Top Bottom