What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Rock band pins

t0ptimmy

Registered
Alias
t0ptimmy
Now that lockdown is easing and silly season is over with pricing I'm looking to expand the collection. All sensible, genuine sales considered for the big name rock band pins - Aerosmith, ACDC, Metallica and KISS are the main ones I'm interested in. Already have IMDN Pro and GnR LE is on the way. My preference is for original condition - super glued matchbox cars and cereal box figures dotted around the playfield don't make it better IMO. Similarly, if you've spent a fortune on "mods", that's your business, I don't object to you adding them but I'm not paying extra for them unless it's a genuine topper and even then I'm fairly ambivalent. Apologies for being blunt but easier to say it out loud here than offend anyone when discussing a sale. So, if you're selling a good condition rock pin that hasn't been mucked about with too much and you're not being greedy, drop me a direct message. For the right pin at the right price I can stump up the cash fairly quickly and I can collect in the UK.

I don’t think ‘silly season’ is over, I think this is the current market! Prices have been creeping up and holding.

Good luck, but if you are expecting 2019 prices, you will probably be disappointed.

I don’t think ‘silly season’ is over, I think this is the current market! Prices have been creeping up and holding.

Good luck, but if you are expecting 2019 prices, you will probably be disappointed.
Sadly I agree. It may take some time yet for prices to go back down. I would imagine once either we've vaccinated a good proportion of the country and/or restrictions get lifted to a point where no one fears another lock down. Then we'll see pricing begin to drop when people off load their collectibles so they can go on holiday etc.

Sadly I agree. It may take some time yet for prices to go back down. I would imagine once either we've vaccinated a good proportion of the country and/or restrictions get lifted to a point where no one fears another lock down. Then we'll see pricing begin to drop when people off load their collectibles so they can go on holiday etc.
Fair point both... I guess I'm putting out there that I'm not looking to pull anybody's pants down but equally I'm not dropping mine. I don't blame those who did well out of Covid but time's up and we all need to get sensible again.

Are new prices coming down ? Well don’t expect used ones either. You pay the price or move on.
New prices are fairly static as far as I can see but used prices have bumped up hard during lockdown (understandably), you can see that if you back through the sold ads for the last 18 months. That's fine and if others are still willing to pay over the odds I'm happy to let them but as people start going on holiday again etc. I think sellers will need to be a little more circumspect as markets turn in favour of buyers.

Hahaha, I can see I've kicked the hornets nest around pricing here. Just market basics. Even if they're not in production anymore, the pins mentioned above are not exactly rare. Plenty of them changing hands and each time they do it means another move, a little more wear n tear and more plays added by an enthusiastic new owner. Logic says that under normal market conditions, unless we're talking about a genuinely rare collectors item, used prices trend down. One thing in sellers' favour is that more people got into pinball over lockdown but then with new pins in the pipeline the second hand market will expand and more choice favours buyers again. Prices will stay high only as long as buyers pay, if buyers refuse then either prices drop or the market stalls. Trust me, I know this stuff.

If this was eBay I’d understand this wanted ad but in my experience, pins on here always sell for a fair price and are very often passed on at a later date for the same price.
Look at Martin Y’s two pins that just sold - very quickly snapped up.
To create a wanted ad, slating modifications, and claiming ‘trust me’ [emoji2361] when talking about prices, isn’t really the way to go about securing a pin.
That said, good luck, but I’d be surprised if you end up with a pin based on this thread so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If this was eBay I’d understand this wanted ad but in my experience, pins on here always sell for a fair price and are very often passed on at a later date for the same price.
Look at Martin Y’s two pins that just sold - very quickly snapped up.
To create a wanted ad, slating modifications, and claiming ‘trust me’ [emoji2361] when talking about prices, isn’t really the way to go about securing a pin.
That said, good luck, but I’d be surprised if you end up with a pin based on this thread so far.

I don't have a problem with a fair price Andy, I have a problem with inflated prices and I've said so up front. Nobody needs to be sensitive about that, it just means don't get in touch if you're asking over the odds as we'll be wasting each others time. Similarly with mods, all I've done is state a preference so the airfix and poor taste trinket enthusiasts know their machine is probably not for me.

I don't have a problem with a fair price Andy, I have a problem with inflated prices and I've said so up front. Nobody needs to be sensitive about that, it just means don't get in touch if you're asking over the odds as we'll be wasting each others time. Similarly with mods, all I've done is state a preference so the airfix and poor taste trinket enthusiasts know their machine is probably not for me.

I just think you may alienate yourself from potential sellers by stating this. Someone may now not even offer you their pin as they’ll assume you want it cheaper than they are offering (when it my we’ll be a price you both agree on).
I get what your saying, I would advise anyone to just throw a price your way and if it’s too much no harm done.

I think being on this forum gives the illusion that you can trip over pins on every corner. Reality is that even the most popular pins, sold in very low numbers. Now as more folk enter the hobby the existing machines become even more diluted.

Logic says that under normal market conditions, unless we're talking about a genuinely rare collectors item, used prices trend down.
It's a lovely idea. But it just doesn't correspond with the real world, unfortunately. An Addams was £2500 10 years ago, £4k five years ago, and about £5.5k now. The least rare pinball machine in the world, but used prices for Addams trend up.

Same for pretty much any game I can think of. Five years ago HS2 was a sub £1k game. Now you can't even get a sys 11 High Speed for £1300. Etc etc.

Maybe prices will crash, and maybe they won't. But when it comes to pinball, used prices have up to now always trended up.

Having said all that, good luck with your hunt. AC/DC would be my choice of the ones you are looking for. Cracking game!

Last edited:
Prices won't be coming down unfortunately not until the demand for them wanes. We just had the influx of the latest generation that want to relive their youth with a semi disposable income.

Soon early SS will be on par with Stern's latest box of lights price wise...

Jmho

I remember the days you could go to the pictures buy a ticket a drink and some popcorn and still have enough for the bus ride home, cant wait for those days again :)

In all fairness i'm only messing, i have a DE GNR, but i guess you wouldn't want 2 GNR's in your line up .... mind that would be very rock n roll.

New prices are fairly static as far as I can see but used prices have bumped up hard during lockdown (understandably), you can see that if you back through the sold ads for the last 18 months. That's fine and if others are still willing to pay over the odds I'm happy to let them but as people start going on holiday again etc. I think sellers will need to be a little more circumspect as markets turn in favour of buyers.

We all wish for the days of cheaper pins, don't think they're coming back

As others have said, good deals can still be had on here- case in point the Aerosmith that just sold. Hopefully you find something to go with your other music pins, for the price an Aerosmith seems amazing bang for buck

Back
Top Bottom