What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robot Bash 30 Dec

Massive thanks @robotgreg for hosting a fantastic tournament. It was my first time seeing Greg's amazing set up, and it is stunning. Was great to see everyone, and some awesome games were had, especially the semi-final with @NewForestPinballJr and Josh, both putting up great scores on James Bond. The only disappointment was that I didn't get to take home one of the brilliant trophies, enjoy it Jack!

Also a huge thank you to Greg's family, who kept us all from going hungry. Brilliant event, but absolutely knackered now. What were the final results?
Many thanks for your kind words, Andy very much appreciated. You were very unlucky not to make it through with the score of over 600m on JB.

Thanks so much to Greg and family for a fantastic robotbash.
Congratulations to Andy especially for his two day first place streak 😁

When we left PBR on Friday night I started to regret the idea of doing Robotbash straight after, tired and a long drive. But once we got to Greg's it felt worthwhile.
I had an amazing day, really enjoyed playing games usually I dread and even had some decent victories.

Unfortunately the last round I bombed with a fourth place where 3 of us had really close scores, so close to the top 8🙈

This year we decided to brave the drive straight home after the comp as Greg does that trip go Pinhaus twice in a day! We had to see what it's like and I have to commend Greg on his commitment to pinball, the most traveled player without a doubt 😁

As much as it pains me (with excessive duplication of machines and pairings) I might have to bite the bullet and use Matchplay in future given the problems caused and to try to make things run that much smoother.

I also hoped by putting all games on 3 balls instead of 4 and tapping out players when way in the lead would enable us to get more than the normal 8 rounds in time but sadly it didn't

A solution in the middle ground could be that you manually assign games on Matchplay using your spreadsheet but use Matchplay for the groupings each round and scorings.

I think we would have got more games in but as you said you had more issues than usual, it soon adds up!

Cheers Greg, great day as always - I don't think I left anything behind this year.

The long rounds only happen because the top players are competing against each other, but the upside of that is there are some epic games! I thought Josh had done it with that JP Ball 2 but watching the patience of Andy making his way through to Visitor Centre was very impressive, deserved winner!

Great tournament thanks Greg, nice machines and great company.

I'm still complaining to anyone who will listen (which is nobody) about the last round do over which dropped me from 15th to 27th. The points in the middle must have been super tight.

Thank you so much Greg for a great day. I really enjoyed it - and very pleased with my final result :) All of your games were fun to play and it was a good, relaxed atmosphere! A great end to the pinball year.

(I liked the Gregsheet but I agree, Matchplay would be less work for you! And it is pretty good at ensuring people don't have repeat games, as much as possible - even with the spreadsheet there were some who had repeats so I think it's unavoidable. Maybe people should accept that's just how it goes and complain less 🤔😅)

Back
Top Bottom