What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robot Bash 30 Dec

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg
robotgreg added a new event:

Robot Bash 30 Dec

As usual, I'll be hosting Robot Bash on 30 December. We're between Corfe Castle and Swanage in Dorset.

Registration will open on Saturday 4 Nov at 12 midday. To register please send me £15 via paypal to robotgreg@yahoo.com (friends and family so no fees)

Please let me know if you register and later realise you can't make it; payments will be refunded up to 17 Dec . After then no refund for cancellation I'm afraid.

Places will be initially limited to 32 but will run a...

Read more about this event...

Just to confirm @robotgreg is registration just the paypal payment done after the start time, no other site to fill details in?
Yes, just send me the registratiion fee after midday on 4th Nov. No other forms to fill in etc. Although if you can include your email on the paypal info, that would be helpful.

Done, fingers crossed i can get the days off for both this and the Turkey leftovers. Its after the peak so they better had! Looking forward to these 😊😊

0 spaces left.

Current registered players:

Luke Grayson
Martyn iles
Josh Iles
Rhina Best
Andy Brock
Mark Slade
Alan Griffin
Chris Miller
Nick Hill
Andy Foster
Keith Burden
Jack Burden
Peter Blakemore
Greg Mott
Neil Grayson
Eddie Mabin
Jon Melleney
Martin Bedford
Nick Clark
Claire Lickman
David Bowery
Rich Mallett
Ben Leigh
Ed Duckworth
Pete Bennett
George Bennett
Nick Marshall
Martin Gosling
Dan Williams
Phoebe Lewell
Effie Lewell
Dan Lewell

Last edited:
Now sold out. Registered players list updated above.

Having said that have always had drop outs in past, so if interested definitely worth getting on reserve list as high chance you'll still make it in.

Quick update:

Have two spaces available.

Going to send an email out to everyone with info in the next few days. To save me sending separate PMs on here please can the following PM me their email:

@PAZ
@AndyB
@Lecari
@SPLITKING
@David_Vi
@Fantazia2
@Lebowskis Rug
@Nick

Will post on here when I've sent out the email; do let me know if not received.

Thanks
Greg

Massive thanks @robotgreg for hosting a fantastic tournament. It was my first time seeing Greg's amazing set up, and it is stunning. Was great to see everyone, and some awesome games were had, especially the semi-final with @NewForestPinballJr and Josh, both putting up great scores on James Bond. The only disappointment was that I didn't get to take home one of the brilliant trophies, enjoy it Jack!

Also a huge thank you to Greg's family, who kept us all from going hungry. Brilliant event, but absolutely knackered now. What were the final results?

Many thanks to all who came yesterday and supported the event.

Mnay congratulations to Andy for another win (despite feeling ill for most of the day) and to Nikc who dominated qualifying but couldn;t match Andy's score of 1.17B on JP after only two balls and Josh with over 750M. Also congrats to Josh in 2nd and Jack 4th who both pkaye very well, especially Josh in a final winner takes all against me in the final qualifying round on Xmen with 94m vs my 70m.

And huge commisserations to Peter Blakemore and Andy Brock who despite achieving scores of 550m and over 600m on JB were not enough to make it through the 4 player semi!

Also HUGE thanks to Nick and Keith for all the running repairs during the day, espeically Nick who continued to sort stuff out between qualifying and the final, very much appreciated. Unfortunately there were an unusually high number of machine problems, mainly sticky flippers and buttons which coupled with spreadsheet problems mainly caused by people leaving early, caused me quite a bit of stress during the day os apologies if I was short with anyone whilst trying to TD and sort out the mucked up spreadsheet which was not designed to cater for people leaving before the end unfortunately. As much as it pains me (with excessive duplication of machines and pairings) I might have to bite the bullet and use Matchplay in future given the problems caused and to try to make things run that much smoother.

I also hoped by putting all games on 3 balls instead of 4 and tapping out players when way in the lead would enable us to get more than the normal 8 rounds in time but sadly it didn't.

Here are the final results which I will attempt to submit to IFPA this morning.

1​
Andy Foster
2​
Josh Iles
3​
Nick Marshall
4​
Jack Burden
5​
Andy Brock
6​
Peter Blakemore