What's new

Retro gaming

Anton

Registered
i know some people on here can help, so thought I would drop in a post.

Want to get a console for retro gaming...Pi / pandora / mame....what's the rub with these things. I just want one to relive the good old days where you can play a game without having to pay for add-ons or f@@@@ing adverts pop up....

Flea bay is littered with these boxes, anything / anyone you would recommend?love many of the classic bomber man, Galaxian, xevious (a must), Indiana Jones etc.....plus PS and mega drive etc....was a late 70s / 80s child so you will know what I mean!

Cheers...

I got this on @scottydoesntknow recommendation and it rocks

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170326_14f3f192200ffde907a44e09c669d05d.jpg

It also has that Kodi thing so all the world's films are there to be watched pretty much. Legal as it doesn't download them but instead streams them.

I got this on @scottydoesntknow recommendation and it rocks

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170326_14f3f192200ffde907a44e09c669d05d.jpg

So did I - I thought that the extra 30-40 quid to save myself the bother of downloading/installing a load of stuff was money well spent. It's ace! Plugged it all in with my son's help and, needless to say, I wanted to get into some serious SNES Mario Kart action - he wanted to ditch me and go and turn on the XBox One to play Rocket League!!

He ditched me - I played Mario Kart. Hey ho.

Reactions: JT.
Coolio. Just seeing if they can do wireless controllers and will get one I think. Thanks

Same here. Opted for the wireless controllers as didn't want to sit right next to the TV. Does MAME, SEGA, SNES etc. Simple plug and play

Sitting close to the telly is the only downside so I'd like to know if it's too late for me to get this as an add on

The controller I listed on my thread about not getting an NES classic is the one to go for IMO. It's the 8BitDo SFC30 SNES controller and it's awesome :thumbs:

Do the wireless controllers need much work to get them configured? The seller doesn't do them and I hate cables and hate SNES controllers....

Much better kit about if you want to emulate arcade properly with mame.
but this is fine if you don't mind that the games will play faster or slower than the originals and not look the same.

Bit like playing pinball on a tv, no where near the real thing, but gives you a flavour.

another thing that i find is a downside is that those pads with a cross don't always react perfectly (or i don't use them properly) on games that were designed with a ball on a stick controller that fit in a tight grid underneath like a gearbox - for example when you play pacman with that cross thingy, it doesn't react properly when you do a quick direction change. so i might replace mine with that ..... does anyone know if these wireless thingies can be used with this £125 ebay kit by a computer mong?

another thing that i find is a downside is that those pads with a cross don't always react perfectly (or i don't use them properly) on games that were designed with a ball on a stick controller that fit in a tight grid underneath like a gearbox - for example when you play pacman with that cross thingy, it doesn't react properly when you do a quick direction change. so i might replace mine with that ..... does anyone know if these wireless thingies can be used with this £125 ebay kit by a computer mong?
I've asked the guy who is selling them if it's easy to configure a Bluetooth controller....I can live with cables, but having kids means that the box is guaranteed to get swiped off the shelf... Sadly, wireless also means that the remote could be deposited in a number of rooms....found sky remote in fridge before and in my car once.....

From the seller....

The PI3 has Bluetooth built in, so in theory, yes.
I have only ever tried with a PS3 controller though. it was "fairly" easy to get it up and running, but there were a couple of steps to follow.
If you let me know what controller you are going to use, I can try and dig out some instructions for you and email them (eBay doesn't allow sending links etc in its messages)

Kinda losing the "out of the box" value isn't it.
I see it can work with Wii U Pro controllers too - they're a good option particularly if you already have them :D

True, but just some minor tweaking! There's other who do sell them with wireless controllers, but would rather go with one at has been tried and tested. Couple of controllers are £13 for a pair, so not like it's breaking the bank...l

You could buy a Nintendo wii - original white one and jail break it with letterbomb and then add emulations via wii brew ... it's really really simple to do / I can't figure out how to put the emulators in the same as card, but I have 4 cheep ones with nes snes and n64.. works a treat plus you have a wii

Went with the Pi In The end and a couple of wireless controllers. The dealer Dan suggested is a top bloke. He has been really helpful...

Back
Top Bottom