What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replica Back glass

Tombyrne

Registered
Hi,
Enjoying being a member and wish I had more time to spend on the site.
Is there a thread on replica Back glasses, and does anyone in the UK do them. I would like to get my Big Brave which is flakey, replicated,
Also, whilst it is my intention to find a genuine Rocky Back glass, my replica is poor by comparison and I would invest in a decent copy till I get one,
Thanks

Not uk but try mayfairamusement.com

Shipping is the killer be worth a group buy if you decide to go ahead.

bgresto have done Big Brave - not in the UK unfortunately but a good option. For my Rocket III it was $235USD + $85USD delivery, so working out at £310'ish delivered inc. VAT etc.
http://bgresto.com/?p=184

I am guessing you need an original Rocky in the first place for restoration, mine is a **** replica.
I believe the way he works is if he's already restored one to create the digital copy then he just prints them off as required.

bgresto have done Big Brave - not in the UK unfortunately but a good option. For my Rocket III it was $235USD + $85USD delivery, so working out at £310'ish delivered inc. VAT etc.
http://bgresto.com/?p=184
Hi, I made contact and have a quote. Can you confirm you dealt with Stephen Azzam, as I have to pay up front and will also order a Rocky to save on shipping.
Can you comment on the quality out of 10?
Thanks

Hi @Tombyrne, yes that's the guy I've got no idea on quality as haven't purchased yet but Clays restore guide mentions them specifically. His surname and Bgresto are mentioned in a lot of topics on pinside so worth having a search and trawl through that lot.

@Tombyrne

With stuff like this you are potentially throwing good money after bad. I have certainly done so myself and I understand that this is not all about money.

There are not many UK buyers for titles like big brave. When you sink real money into weak titles you are unlikely to get it back should you sell. Pinball machines are like classic cars. You can spend big money on 1970s air cooled Porsche and you will recover it. But if you spend big money on a 1970s rubber bumper mgb you probably won't.

Financially, the best bet would probably be to play the long game. Wait for one to come up on eBay of similar. There are hoarders out there that might have one.

Or you might get another big brave that someone has painstakingly repaired and done all the work for you.

@Tombyrne

With stuff like this you are potentially throwing good money after bad. I have certainly done so myself and I understand that this is not all about money.

There are not many UK buyers for titles like big brave. When you sink real money into weak titles you are unlikely to get it back should you sell. Pinball machines are like classic cars. You can spend big money on 1970s air cooled Porsche and you will recover it. But if you spend big money on a 1970s rubber bumper mgb you probably won't.

Financially, the best bet would probably be to play the long game. Wait for one to come up on eBay of similar. There are hoarders out there that might have one.

Or you might get another big brave that someone has painstakingly repaired and done all the work for you.
Interesting reply for sure.
My thoughts on this are that i would not want to re sell my Big Brave unless a fully restored model came up for sale. This was my childhood game of choice
and i doubt another will come up any time soon in the condition i want.
I wanted a Rocky for many years and this has been a difficult find, again i wanted a UK supplied recon ready to go, but only recently bought a project and whilst i can go so far, time constraints will mean i will have to fund some outside help or it will sit like my Big Brave and i aint getting any younger.
I do want both to play well and look as good as they can including the Back glasses. I am experimenting with a UK digital printer who is copying a rocky onto a glass, we will see what happens.

This guy in the Netherlands is very good. Bought a Cow Poke repro backglass off him and it was 9/10.

Coos was helpful to me also but needed the digital art - in your case had he already done Cow Poke?

@Tombyrne another option is backglassreprints (at yahoo dot com). US based but he will sell/ship just the foil. Imo you've fallen lucky that bgresto has already done both machines you're looking for so it's just a case if the money makes sense (which it rarely does in this hobby).

Last edited:
Hi @Tombyrne, yes that's the guy I've got no idea on quality as haven't purchased yet but Clays restore guide mentions them specifically. His surname and Bgresto are mentioned in a lot of topics on pinside so worth having a search and trawl through that lot.
Ordered Rocky and Big Brave Back glasses from Bgresto, discount on 2 plus combined shipping, 5-10 weeks shipping,
Gives me time to get them both working.

@Tombyrne another option is backglassreprints (at yahoo dot com). US based but he will sell/ship just the foil. Imo you've fallen lucky that bgresto has already done both machines you're looking for so it's just a case if the money makes sense (which it rarely does in this hobby).
Yes, I went to Bigresto after a read up and the fact he has the artwork already.
I will post pictures when they arrive.

E5FE6796-0045-447F-BD12-21730281E621.jpeg A7BB294A-0D44-4C26-949D-FC8B8BD6D3D8.jpeg A couple of quick photos of my 2 BG Resto back glasses.
Stunning reproductions. Long wait but worth it.
Being packed away till my machines are ready and will post when installed .
Expensive, yes but unlikely to get either of these original in great condition.
Recommend BG Resto but...................be prepared to wait.

What do these fellas cost please ?

I had never heard of bgresto before, they have some interesting backglasses. It looks like they do backglasses to order, whereas cpr does them in batches.

What do these fellas cost please ?

I had never heard of bgresto before, they have some interesting backglasses. It looks like they do backglasses to order, whereas cpr does them in batches.
Rocky was $245 Big Brave $ 245. To ship 1 is $145. add a second $25. Discount for 2 less $30. Total paid $630. plus £43.00 customs UK clearance.
These are produced on 1/8" tempered glass and applied via with some kind of bonding, so not a cheap fix and you need to justify the cost as you can get a complete machine for what I paid, however these 2 machines are keepers and I have spent silly money on both already and neither are working 100% (yet).
I doubt very much that I would ever find a Rocky back glass in great condition and now I don't need one, they are that good.

What' the colour match like ?
They look a little off but that could just be bad light etc.

What' the colour match like ?
They look a little off but that could just be bad light etc.
I can do a side by side for the Big Brave and post when I get a chance. (tomorrow)
The Rocky looks incredibly detailed but I cant compare to mine as it is a ****e replica.
I would say Rocky is perfect compared to the research I have done.

Back
Top Bottom