What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real life pong , spank me sidewyas

D

Deleted member 181

Ok just seen this ,and it looks epic!!
Is it just me??? Would have been pants if it was video but actual proper mechs wowzers

Has anyone ever done a kickstarter before? I have never used it but went to pre order one of these the wife somehow agreed it would look good in the lounge , unbelievably:)
But it wants all your credit card details and stuff does it take it first??

Ok just seen this ,and it looks epic!!
Is it just me??? Would have been pants if it was video but actual proper mechs wowzers

Has anyone ever done a kickstarter before? I have never used it but went to pre order one of these the wife somehow agreed it would look good in the lounge , unbelievably:)
But it wants all your credit card details and stuff does it take it first??

If the campaign is successful and the target is hit or exceeded then your card gets changed when the timer runs out. If the target doesn't get hit then you don't get charged.

There is no guarantee you'll get anything. Plenty of horror stories out there. But plenty of successes too. So there is a bit of a gamble with anything like this.
Cool project though.

So they can charge you and then you wait is that how it goes? What happens if they charge you and go tits up??
Are you protected??
After predator I am slightly wary :(

Oh man it's so freeking cool can't stop watching it

Are you protected??

Not really mate. They get the money and then they are supposed to do whatever they promised to do. But it doesn't always work out like that! There has been some super huge **** ups from Kickstarter projects over the years. With sums of money that would make Kevin Kulek wince.

Damn you Kevin !!!!! Damn you for ruining the trust element ....
Oh man I think I am gonna have to get a credit card that offers some kind of protection and give it a go, Especially as that bloke that was supposed to sort out all the wiiU stuff can't be bothered :wave::rofl:

Just wait till they they start selling it after.
I wouldn't pre order a PC game never mind an arcade game.
I once backed a watch on kick starter.
Was a disaster. Got the watch in the end but it left such a bad taste I never wore it.
That and it was twice as thick as originally promised.

Back away Mr Barber.....

With Predator you were able to get a refund via credit card as the item ordered was never delivered. With Kickstarter you aren't ordering an item, you're funding a company. As such I doubt you would be eligible for a refund if they go tits up as you are an investor rather than a customer.

However, use this as a golden opportunity to place a pin in the living room as a "placeholder" until the pong table arives;)

KIckstarter now sounds very scary ..
Thanks for the heads up , the other thread is lacking in any good advice :)
No way any other arcade machine is gonna go in the lounge , almost got my Ms PAC man in there until it turned up and the size was about twice as big as I had convinced myself and her that it was :eek:

Have we learnt nothing from Mr Trump? There are NO misspellings in this thread. It's all fake news carried out by so called pinheads with a communist agenda. Sidewyas is simply an alternative spelling.

Haha that's cool but not big enough to rest a beer on :)

Funny story on how i got mine....

Back in '01 my recently divorced mother discovered the wonders of internet chat rooms. She struck up a few friendships, with one culminating in the form of a guy from the US called 'Kelly' (sniggers). He came to visit at one point and of course i hated his guts on sight. He was your typical overbearing military obsessed yank, whom i detected to be more of a Walter Mitty character than the one he was presenting me with. Anyway, this guy brought with him several peace offering/butter-me-up tokens of whatever the hell he thought would be cool to give me, the son of his most recent love interest. These items were a host of utterly bizarre stuff which included:

Lots of stealth fighter memorabilia (pins, badges, books, models)
Desert storm ration packs never opened
B.L.I.P. Game
New and Old testament LCD quiz game from the 70's (i lolled)
Electronic baseball game (which had the words 'Jezebel' and 'Sodom' scribbled over the players names) - *Double loll'ed at that one

Naturally, i took his gifts and pretended to be his friend for a while as we were all going on a healthy family trip to Amsterdam so i thought it best to let my Mum have her way and i would just be pleasant. That was until i got bible scripture morning, day, noon and night coming from this guy. He really drove us all insane with his incessant god waffle so someone who isn't me spiked him with magic truffle dust they got from a headshop by grinding it up into his risotto one night while out eating. The look of pure fear on his face when it kicked in i will never forget. I still laugh about it now. Needless to say i didn't hear a peep from him for the rest of the trip as after his less than manly display of ego dissolution and despair (pulled chunks of his own hair out screaming that he "wasn't ready" at the top of his voice, bwaaahaha) my Mum binned him shortly after.

Mad how things get brought up, but there you go.....

Back
Top Bottom