What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulp Fiction is coming to SE London

I loved playing TNA and as you say very addictive. Not had the pleasure yet of PF but it’s a one level simpler game that also appears to be very addictive. Would love the views of TNA owners whom have now played it. Where do I splurge my retirement fund

I've not played PF yet but I don't think the comparisons with TNA are all that warranted.

Yes they're both retro-looking games with modern tech and single-level playfield - well, PF has a wireform & ramp for the briefcase ball lock - but the actual game experiences will be very different IMHO.

PF is a licensed movie theme with WPC+ rules complexity. TNA is a much simpler game which feels like playing a music pin.

Which one is better, like all pinball, will be subjective! I suspect that the licensed theme and deeper rule set will give PF a broader appeal.

Moneys in the bank. 3 shifts left.
Love the look and sound of PF
Cheaper than TNA 2.0
Loved playing TNA
I'm 50 next year, when I bought Big Lebowski I persuaded myself it was an early 50th present to myself. I've now got a deposit on Pulp Fiction so this will be an actual 50th present to myself, or 52nd birthday at the rate they make them.

I loved playing TNA and as you say very addictive. Not had the pleasure yet of PF but it’s a one level simpler game that also appears to be very addictive. Would love the views of TNA owners whom have now played it. Where do I splurge my retirement fund
I own a TNA and have played PF.

PF plays exactly like an 80s pin if it had scoops, several multiballs and a more complex/modern ruleset.

TNA is lightning fast, very simple rules, pounding music.

The only similarity is that they were manufactured recently and are single level.

For me definitely Pulp Fiction, love the theme. I’m sure this game will be a massive hit with most good players.
Because it’s a difficult game to play, watching my brother Alfie play today his game has improved so much over the last week, has much more control.

TNA is a different beast ; I only had a few games on pulp managed to get a good sesh on it as soon as show opened.. it’s just a Bally 80’s pin that just so happens to be based on possibly the greatest movie ever made , my thinking is a load of folk are gonna jump on it especially some of the new breed and realise it doesn’t have the depth of toys or coding of let’s say an Elwin game. And although that might feel refreshing for a while it’s soon gonna block up that space for let’s say back to the future :)
I love Bally 80’s games and pulp fiction so it’s all good.
My thoughts are there will be a lot of these for sale after a few months of them landing.
TNA is such a great game my opinion though it was great and a novelty at £5500 not the price tag it’s got now.

my thinking is a load of folk are gonna jump on it especially some of the new breed and realise it doesn’t have the depth of toys or coding of let’s say an Elwin game. And although that might feel
My thoughts are there will be a lot of these for sale after a few months of them landing.

That's my take on it too. I think PF is great, but yeah I think there will be a bunch of people purchasing for theme/newness who will be quite confused/disappointed when they play it.

It is brilliant at being what it is, which is - indeed - an 80s Bally with 90s Bally/Williams mechs/lighting and rules.

TNA is such a great game my opinion though it was great and a novelty at £5500 not the price tag it’s got now.

Hmmm, I paid the full CE price for one. Don't (yet) regret it...

Not yet played PF but looking forward to it at TPF and can’t wait.
No FOMO here as I’m sure massive numbers will be dropping this side of the pond!
like many have said it won’t be for everyone and I guess oncr the honeymoon is over I’ve no doubt whatsoever they will pop up for sale.

My advice @Mooseman grab a TNA it’s a brilliant and quirky game best enjoyed in a 4 player game.
Also by the time PF lands you will have had more satisfaction out of TNA than sitting on a PF deposit and the possibility of a horrendous wait much like CCr which people are still waiting on!

Life’s too short and there’s too many pins to sample without waiting on them or hoping your grail gets announced.
My two penneth

First game score. It can only get better @Chris P
A massive thank you to Alan for having me over for some multiplayer action along with Alfie.

I really enjoyed the game as well as the sausage buttie and all the tea 😋.

It’s definitely one of “one more game” type of games that is perfect for multiplayer as it can be quite brutal but also so rewarding when you have a decent game.

I’m a big fan of the movie and what they have achieved is astounding 👏🏼. Using the original soundtrack and all the numerous call outs and satisfying shots such as the orbits I can see this being as popular as GZ.

For value against a Stern pro this is a no brainer. It is such a stunning machine in person and would proudly standout in any pinball collection or by itself.

It was very kind of Phil to loan out the game along with the help of Gonzo and of course Alan’s hospitality. I missed out playing it at EAG. I can now officially say it was the best game at the show followed by Elton John.

I feel those two games alone were much better than Jaws and I feel Stern really need to pull their socks up as the competition has really closed in on them.

If CGC can start mass producing PFs Stern will be really in trouble.

As it stands I won’t be preordering a PF and will wait and see how fast they can build them.

BTW after quite a few goes I managed my best score of the day 😁
5257be69-f073-477c-8de7-b658c508c868.jpeg

A massive thank you to Alan for having me over for some multiplayer action along with Alfie.

I really enjoyed the game as well as the sausage buttie and all the tea 😋.

It’s definitely one of “one more game” type of games that is perfect for multiplayer as it can be quite brutal but also so rewarding when you have a decent game.

I’m a big fan of the movie and what they have achieved is astounding 👏🏼. Using the original soundtrack and all the numerous call outs and satisfying shots such as the orbits I can see this being as popular as GZ.

For value against a Stern pro this is a no brainer. It is such a stunning machine in person and would proudly standout in any pinball collection or by itself.

It was very kind of Phil to loan out the game along with the help of Gonzo and of course Alan’s hospitality. I missed out playing it at EAG. I can now officially say it was the best game at the show followed by Elton John.

I feel those two games alone were much better than Jaws and I feel Stern really need to pull their socks up as the competition has really closed in on them.

If CGC can start mass producing PFs Stern will be really in trouble.

As it stands I won’t be preordering a PF and will wait and see how fast they can build them.

BTW after quite a few goes I managed my best score of the day 😁

Well said @Chris P
I will certainly miss this game when goes on Wednesday but most of all, having people over and enjoying P.F. meeting new people on here has been just fantastic, just what the doctor ordered.

Once again big thanks to Neil and Phil for making this happen, Gonzo for the delivery.

It’s been great.
Alan

Back
Top Bottom