What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulp Fiction is coming to SE London

Happypin

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan Adair
Yes, Yes and more yes’s Pulp Fiction is coming to S.E 23 London, at my house Wednesday the 14th.

Phil and Neil have very kindly organised me to have P.F for a loan for about 2 weeks. I think it’s only fair that I would like to share this opportunity with others on here, I have asked Phil is it ok, and of course it’s a yes. This is your chance to head over to mine for a cuppa tea and try this new game, maybe you have one on order, like to try before you buy or you just want to see what all the fuss is about.
I haven’t got a large house so numbers would have to be in small amounts, I don’t work because of health reasons so during the day is also available. Thursday 15th is treatment day so that day is not available.
When it arrives will post a photo on here, and it’s then we can organise members to come over to mine. Other games will be available to play as well.
Alan

Delivery of P.F is delayed by one week. Tomorrow is the 14th which is reserved for the girlfriend.
Must research Valentin’s day 🥳

Delivery of P.F is delayed by one week. Tomorrow is the 14th which is reserved for the girlfriend.
Must research Valentin’s day 🥳
Rose's are red
Violets are blue
That's what it says in the rhyme
But Rose's are blue & Violet's are red
I've seen 'em hung on the line.

Many thanks to Phil and Neil for organizing PF on a short loan, thank you also to Kris for the delivery, some YouTube content will be loaded very soon.
I have chemo tomorrow and it will take me until sunday to feel normal again. Private message if you want to come over from monday onwards to try some p.f or any other games i own. Daytime im home or evenings is of course good for me.
Alan

Attachments

• 20240221_170008.jpg
    20240221_170008.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 83
What is the sound quality like? Seems to be some grumblings on Pinside about it.
It’s been said it could be better. I have the volume set at a normal level and I think it’s fine but turn it up too loud for a dance then it’s not the best sound quality, maybe something in the settings might give it more bass.
Will play more from Monday all going well, but first impressions I really do like it.

This game is so addictive, i wish i could order one. The F word is said rather a lot !!! that's me and the game.
Best score today, and i got all the cast members. At times i feel like im really rubbish at pinball as the games can be very short.
More me and Alfie play it the more we want one.
Shout out if you want to come over.

Attachments

• 20240225_163103.jpg
    20240225_163103.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 51
Im just gone to say it was all down of the faulty pop bumper and leave it at that....

It wasn't a game of pinball without some fixing. Had a great time with Alan today - Thank you @Happypin for a nice cuppa and a thrashing

Meanwhile in the background I got a lot of time on CCr

Then was there for the comeback

Attachments

• IMG_6289.jpeg
    IMG_6289.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6288.jpeg
    IMG_6288.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 41
  • eb298823-59c5-46e0-acc0-9a6934d4c876.jpeg
    eb298823-59c5-46e0-acc0-9a6934d4c876.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 41
Tip of the day watch the tutorial that Gonzo has put up on YouTube of P.F before you come over. Ive watched it twice now and got my best score so far. The game just gets better.

Attachments

• 20240227_134532.jpg
    20240227_134532.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 6
Many thanks to @Happypin for welcoming me to his little pinball paradise to play Pulp Fiction yesterday. I have to say I haven't enjoyed a new game as much as this one for a long time. I should've watched Craig's excellent tutorial video before playing it though as I didn't understand the play field multipliers and struggled to get a good score even on longer games. Keen to play again now I'm clued up.

Anyway, if anyone else is thinking of visiting then don't hesitate as Alan is very enthusiastic about as many pinball people as possible getting to play the game while it's there.

Also, he made me at least 5 cups of tea.

Top bloke and a cracking game. Cheers!

Many thanks to @Happypin for welcoming me to his little pinball paradise to play Pulp Fiction yesterday. I have to say I haven't enjoyed a new game as much as this one for a long time. I should've watched Craig's excellent tutorial video before playing it though as I didn't understand the play field multipliers and struggled to get a good score even on longer games. Keen to play again now I'm clued up.

Anyway, if anyone else is thinking of visiting then don't hesitate as Alan is very enthusiastic about as many pinball people as possible getting to play the game while it's there.

Also, he made me at least 5 cups of tea.

Top bloke and a cracking game. Cheers!
You’re welcome Tim. Having this game here has just been special, meeting new people in the hobby I love has been fantastic.
4 more over tonight, more low scores to come, hopefully lol

Did the magnet get fixed? A post on Pinside saying the magnet getting stuck on due to a bug in the software so keep your eye on it.

"I’m afraid it’s a bug in the software, as both pulp fictions in our town had this problem, I was able to catch it because I was around at the time but the other op was not, thankfully it’s on a dedicated fuse but the playfield was too hot to touch, not to mention the core plug.
Switch test read fine, the stand up that triggers it was not stuck on, and the problem persisted after we left the menu and started a test game, so I just unplugged it for now.

Anyway, I’ve got a ticket open with CGC, but since neither player it happened to really knows what mode(s) were running at the time it happened, the folks at CGC don’t have anywhere to start looking. I just thought I’d post here and get another few sets of eyes on it, in order to hopefully get it solved quickly."

Did the magnet get fixed? A post on Pinside saying the magnet getting stuck on due to a bug in the software so keep your eye on it.

"I’m afraid it’s a bug in the software, as both pulp fictions in our town had this problem, I was able to catch it because I was around at the time but the other op was not, thankfully it’s on a dedicated fuse but the playfield was too hot to touch, not to mention the core plug.
Switch test read fine, the stand up that triggers it was not stuck on, and the problem persisted after we left the menu and started a test game, so I just unplugged it for now.

Anyway, I’ve got a ticket open with CGC, but since neither player it happened to really knows what mode(s) were running at the time it happened, the folks at CGC don’t have anywhere to start looking. I just thought I’d post here and get another few sets of eyes on it, in order to hopefully get it solved quickly."
Yes the magnet is now working great. We had no issues with it last night.

Back
Top Bottom