What's new

Printer recommendation

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
I need a new printer. Nothing fancy/super duper but not a cheap n cheerful one either
The last 2 have been Epson ones and tbh I think Epson ones are utter sh*te.
Budget is £100 so cmon guys what have you got that you’re happy with.

I always look at the cost of the replacement ink,whenever I buy a printer,we have an old hp one we have had for years,and you can get ink for about 10 quid a cart

Colour or black & white only? Switching from an ink cartridge printer to toner was a massive benefit to me as I really only need to print in black & white.

With my ink cartridge printer it was always blocked up when I wanted to use it, not so with my toner printer which always works first time no matter how infrequently I use it.

Problem with most ink printers is if you don’t use regular they not very efficient due to constant head cleaning and drying up.
As Scott said a cheap laser. I have a
Colour Laser that is more expensive in toner but the quality is bang on for most things.

Another for a cheap laser here... I got fed up with the little i printed... and every time i went to print something the heads were all dried up, hed to run through a clean cycle... was replaced every year (Epson)

Had a lovely HP Inkjet which was supposed to be "as good as laser". Garbage. Support was even worse.

Ended up with a Brother MFC-L8690CDW with built in Scanner and MFP. Awesome bit of kit. Not missed a beat. Remanufactured cartidges cheap (around £60-70 for a full set of replacements)..

Cheers guys.
Yea it’s only black n white I need.
I’ll start looking around tomorrow 👍

Back
Top Bottom