What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pleasure Island Auction Today

• Vat scheme: Standard VAT Scheme
  • Goods VAT: 20%
  • Auction House Fee: 15.0% + VAT 20% = Total: 18.0%
  • Internet Fee: 1.5%* | VAT 20%
  • Payment Processing: 0% Debit | 0% Credit

Now much is that little lot on top of Final auction price?? Looks as clear as mud to me!!!

A buyer’s premium will be added to your winning bid at 15% + VAT

Pleasure Island is a VAT registered business so all hammer bids will be plus VAT at the present rate on the day of sale.

E.g. a £1000 winning bid will be + 20% vat = £1200 you will also pay 15% commission on the £1000 + VAT on the commission.
Winning bid £1000
VAT £200
Commission £150
Vat on commission £30
Total £1380
Please be aware of these added costs before you bid.

There will be an additional fee of 1.5% + VAT on the hammer for all online winning bids.

OMG - that makes Ebay look cheap..!!

It's live now on their website - quite interesting to follow, currently on lot 258 - Slush Puppie cups!

Arcade section is mostly picked clean of good finds. I was at Pleasure Island shortly before its closure and it had a decent arcade with some rarer items, not as much as the year before that, but I know for a fact that the interesting items (F-Zero AX anyone) would have been sold off easily, long before this auction.

Mostly stuff of mild interest to other theme park operators, and a few things that people that knew the theme park might like as memorabilia.

Cripes this is like watching paint dry - 25 duplicate lots of outside tables coming up - bring on the Pig Arks:thumbs:

I don't know this place but it's kinda sad seeing it being sold off like this:tut:

Cripes this is like watching paint dry - 25 duplicate lots of outside tables coming up - bring on the Pig Arks:thumbs:

I don't know this place but it's kinda sad seeing it being sold off like this:tut:
They just weren't getting the footfall to survive the bad weather seasons they had. It's a shame.

A fool and their money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am not quite sure how they get away with charging VAT on something that already been subjected to VAT many years ago..

Too far away forv most but I know some of the vid guys had a day out. The commission at general auctions is a killer especially if your not VAT reg. Old fairground stuff is collectable especially stuff like signs and dodgem cars but there does seem to be a lot of junk here

Next up is a box of 'pleasure island stuff'. The picture shows a few pens in the top of a box... a box of office supplies then.
Lowest you can bid seems to be £10. When you take on all the commision bollox and VAT, it's about £13. Let's face it, crap that's been estimated between 10-30 pounds has been going for £60. So if you want a box of old pens you best re-mortgage your house

Anybody watching this live now? It's like a marathon of Storage Wars, I can't believe how much this junk, big boxes of teddies etc are selling for. Park signs now selling way over estimate.:tut:

Yeah this is mental. I had a bid in for the small crane game because we're at the point in my home where that would nearly be an efficient way of storing and displaying a massive pile of soft toys - and sufficiently more amusing a way than a shelf to offset the lack of storage - but I'm not even going to think about chasing it.

How much did the monorail sell for?

st1.bidonthis.co.uk_event_5928_defe62b925276c33416d48900c07af85.jpg

Back
Top Bottom