What's new

Pleasure Island Auction Today

• Vat scheme: Standard VAT Scheme
  • Goods VAT: 20%
  • Auction House Fee: 15.0% + VAT 20% = Total: 18.0%
  • Internet Fee: 1.5%* | VAT 20%
  • Payment Processing: 0% Debit | 0% Credit

Now much is that little lot on top of Final auction price?? Looks as clear as mud to me!!!

A buyer’s premium will be added to your winning bid at 15% + VAT

Pleasure Island is a VAT registered business so all hammer bids will be plus VAT at the present rate on the day of sale.

E.g. a £1000 winning bid will be + 20% vat = £1200 you will also pay 15% commission on the £1000 + VAT on the commission.
Winning bid £1000
VAT £200
Commission £150
Vat on commission £30
Total £1380
Please be aware of these added costs before you bid.

There will be an additional fee of 1.5% + VAT on the hammer for all online winning bids.

OMG - that makes Ebay look cheap..!!

It's live now on their website - quite interesting to follow, currently on lot 258 - Slush Puppie cups!

Arcade section is mostly picked clean of good finds. I was at Pleasure Island shortly before its closure and it had a decent arcade with some rarer items, not as much as the year before that, but I know for a fact that the interesting items (F-Zero AX anyone) would have been sold off easily, long before this auction.

Mostly stuff of mild interest to other theme park operators, and a few things that people that knew the theme park might like as memorabilia.

Cripes this is like watching paint dry - 25 duplicate lots of outside tables coming up - bring on the Pig Arks:thumbs:

I don't know this place but it's kinda sad seeing it being sold off like this:tut:

Cripes this is like watching paint dry - 25 duplicate lots of outside tables coming up - bring on the Pig Arks:thumbs:

I don't know this place but it's kinda sad seeing it being sold off like this:tut:
They just weren't getting the footfall to survive the bad weather seasons they had. It's a shame.

A fool and their money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am not quite sure how they get away with charging VAT on something that already been subjected to VAT many years ago..

Too far away forv most but I know some of the vid guys had a day out. The commission at general auctions is a killer especially if your not VAT reg. Old fairground stuff is collectable especially stuff like signs and dodgem cars but there does seem to be a lot of junk here

Next up is a box of 'pleasure island stuff'. The picture shows a few pens in the top of a box... a box of office supplies then.
Lowest you can bid seems to be £10. When you take on all the commision bollox and VAT, it's about £13. Let's face it, crap that's been estimated between 10-30 pounds has been going for £60. So if you want a box of old pens you best re-mortgage your house

Anybody watching this live now? It's like a marathon of Storage Wars, I can't believe how much this junk, big boxes of teddies etc are selling for. Park signs now selling way over estimate.:tut:

Yeah this is mental. I had a bid in for the small crane game because we're at the point in my home where that would nearly be an efficient way of storing and displaying a massive pile of soft toys - and sufficiently more amusing a way than a shelf to offset the lack of storage - but I'm not even going to think about chasing it.

How much did the monorail sell for?

st1.bidonthis.co.uk_event_5928_defe62b925276c33416d48900c07af85.jpg

Back
Top Bottom