What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play Expo Glasgow 2016

Just back from play expo enjoyed it good selection of games played a few machines that I hadn't played before pleasantly surprised at a couple and a bit disappointed at others would like to have played more but my son kept on dragging me over to the stalls selling Pokemon things and the wife got bored shopping which is a first a few games I played I felt the flippers were a bit soft but overall very good,there is a nice condition cftbl with colour dmd which looked the part and played well.

Cheers brian.

Stuck in a garden at father in law to be's 70th. :mad: Looks awesome fellas, gutted not there, def next year!
Wondered where you where Jon - you missed a cracker!!! Hows the pin bar coming on in Edinburgh ?

Cheers Kev

Great weekend and thought it went really well for the first Play Expo in Glasgow. Massive thanks to @ailsaclunie and Colin for their hospitality, we were proper spoilt and made us all very welcome. :).

Think only one pin failure with the rest ticking over pretty well overall. Amazed by the amount of people here never seen a pinball before, stood there looking at it blankly (!) but nice to give a little help and see them take to it. Always get kids playing track and field with the flippers though...... Many people commented about never seeing so many pinball machines together before. Looks like a fair few additional members to the Scottish Pinball League too.

Here's a short clip on crappy phone camera I took on Sunday, the quieter of the two days, including some big screen gaming action (that doesn't show up on camera) and virtual reality stuff. Fancied a go on that but queue far too long.

Good to meet @Cmor111, John and Robin for the first time. :thumbs:

Now 3 weeks rest and it's back up North for the Newcastle NERG collective !! See you there Phil & Kev.

A great weekend all round,ailsa and Colin were so gracious to allow us to stay with them over the weekend we were all so well looked after,good to see big Phil and co,Eric Ridley and john Higgins,but most of all being able to spend a fantastic time with my friends the nlp crew,I got home at 3am this morn after dropping off machines totally exhausted !!!!!!!

Wondered where you where Jon - you missed a cracker!!! Hows the pin bar coming on in Edinburgh ?

Cheers Kev
Gutted Kev, I mentioned slipping away on the sunday morning and the look I recieved from swmbo wasn't a good one! Early stages here, just completing business plan as will need to pitch for finance to move forward but looking at a possible venue this week but probably prematurely tbh...

Another thanks goes out to the Scottish pinball guys.
Big thanks to Ailsa and Colin for puting up with us all , feeding us and looking after us. Good to see old friends like John Higgins, Eric Ridley and John Bud. Also meeting new people like @Cmor111 and a few others. Great venue and a great weekend thank you Scotland.
A few pics of the Eye candy I couldn't take mine off and a few other pics of the weekend.
WP_20160611_13_50_17_Pro.jpg WP_20160611_13_49_03_Pro.jpg WP_20160611_13_17_07_Pro.jpg WP_20160611_10_00_11_Pro.jpg WP_20160612_15_30_22_Pro.jpg WP_20160612_18_58_35_Pro.jpg

Great weekend and thought it went really well for the first Play Expo in Glasgow. Massive thanks to @ailsaclunie and Colin for their hospitality, we were proper spoilt and made us all very welcome. :).

Think only one pin failure with the rest ticking over pretty well overall. Amazed by the amount of people here never seen a pinball before, stood there looking at it blankly (!) but nice to give a little help and see them take to it. Always get kids playing track and field with the flippers though...... Many people commented about never seeing so many pinball machines together before. Looks like a fair few additional members to the Scottish Pinball League too.

Here's a short clip on crappy phone camera I took on Sunday, the quieter of the two days, including some big screen gaming action (that doesn't show up on camera) and virtual reality stuff. Fancied a go on that but queue far too long.

Good to meet @Cmor111, John and Robin for the first time. :thumbs:

Now 3 weeks rest and it's back up North for the Newcastle NERG collective !! See you there Phil & Kev.
Glad you enjoyed your visit to Scotland, thanks for your all your help and we've already booked you in for next year!:thumbs:

Talking to the organiser's last night on the way out after packing up and they'd said next year is already getting planned. (Also said on Play Expo Glasgow website):clap:

Just wanted to thank everyone for their support at play expo Glasgow . Especially the NLP guys , John , daz, Nigel , David , Dave and mark who not only brought 2 van full of pins , but kept them all going , kept us calm and spent time teaching new members of Scottish league the history and hints on how to play . [emoji106] hopefully see some of you at nerg .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom