What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Expo

i've only got a 53 ford pop 69 ford opus 1923 model t a 51 fi pickup that i'm building at the moment and 2 minis and a very patient wife:rofl:

Gary Stern also always trots out about when he started out and the time he went to service a coin op thing that wouldn't accept coins, and found the reason was that it was jammed with too much money, so he decided this was the business for him. .........then he mentions that a pin has 3500 parts and takes more man hours to put together than a Ford Taurus ....... then he always gets asked what is his favourite game and he always answers the current one - so now it will be GOT

i'm not disrespecting him, i like the fella, but if you heard him speak once, you don't ever need to listen a second time as it'll be a photocopy

As we have found out though - not just with Stern but other pin manufacturers ....just like a politician, you can't believe everything they say.

At the South Coast Slam 2010 we were lucky enough to have Gary S stop by and he did a Q&A session. When asked about a Tron pin he said they had thought a bit about it but really weren't keen, thought the new movie was too risky and didnt want to go with it. Well they clearly changed their minds....:rolleyes: ..... I just listened back to the session and interestingly he is expressing interest in doing Ghostbusters ...even 5 years ago.

You can hear the talk of Tron etc around 55 mins into the session, scroll down to near end of report
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/southcoastslam2010/index2.html

Back
Top Bottom