What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Pin2DMD Colour Displays & Bally/Williams/Data East PCBs

Sorry, just clocked this thread. I'll pitch in now (tad late, apologies). I've bought DMDs for TSPP and RS and both have arrived ridiculously well packed. TSPP had an issue where the colours weren't quite right and I mentioned it to the OP who went out of his way to help me and got it working. It was just a DE/Spike switch in the menu. I also got both through customs without any issue or fees as they were marked favourably for me as per my request :)

Timescale wise, the first one was here literally the same week (unbelievable!). I was waiting for a CRT chassis from Portugal that I ordered the same night and that took a week longer to arrive! Second DMD took slightly longer but still was here reasonably quickly. The packaging had also been damaged in transit and I feared the worst but it had that much packing inside it that the DMD was absolutely fine and survived the baby elephant or whatever the courier sat on it. Happy to report a positive experience and for anyone else thinking why would I buy from Australia - it was cheaper than Europe, strangely quicker and support was first class! What more can we ask for! :D

*edit* should add that both came with the power lead adapters to plug straight in. No crimping wires etc, Plus the colour files for the pin were already included on the sd card. It was as close to plug and play as I could have got.

Last edited:
so update. ordered and sent 10th may...cleared customs yesterday 18th may, but you best call them and pay over phone charges or wait days for a letter with ref to pay online! £184.60 incl ship from AU, customs £43.40, total £228. If i wanted tomorrow tried to screw another £12 so here Monday now still good price.
I did try to argue the fact I shouldn't have to pay Customs as my DMD is claiming refugee status!!! 😅 😅 😅

Just like to say that I ordered 2 sets, which arrived today (there was import tax, as to be expected).

Excellent packaging, superb postage, and possibly the easiest mod I've ever installed.

As mentioned above, comes complete with powerlead with piggyback connector, so easy fit.

Exceptional product and service

Thank you

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230519-184058.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230519-184058.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 37
  • VideoCapture_20230519-184112.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230519-184112.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 37
ha! after calling yesterday morning to pay customs...asked if delivery was next day, told only if I pay extra £12!!! said no thanks, and it turned up this morning.....scammers!!! So as before, Andrew has well packed it, all brilliant service still. Thanks yet again Andrew, top man.

so update. ordered and sent 10th may...cleared customs yesterday 18th may, but you best call them and pay over phone charges or wait days for a letter with ref to pay online! £184.60 incl ship from AU, customs £43.40, total £228. If i wanted tomorrow tried to screw another £12 so here Monday now still good price.
I did try to argue the fact I shouldn't have to pay Customs as my DMD is claiming refugee status!!! 😅 😅 😅
By 'customs', do you mean import VAT, and a shipping company admin charge for handling that? Just want to be sure, in case I need to update my other post about when import duties are applicable.

By 'customs', do you mean import VAT, and a shipping company admin charge for handling that? Just want to be sure, in case I need to update my other post about when import duties are applicable.
yes import vat.

Reactions: JT.
Just wanted to say excellent service from Andrew , ordered one for STTNG arrived quick and well packed , slight problem with cable but Andrew sorted at own cost so all brill. Really excellent service. So much so I have just ordered another one for my TAF. These look brilliant in 90's williams machines, a brilliant upgrade .... it really is a no brainer

it really is a no brainer......so @ £228 to your door, you can sell your old dmd about £100, so now £128! also the benefits apart from amazing colour and a new feel to your pin is less strain on psu, we know gas dmd will die or fade etc like go for years with an old black and white tv to glorious colour. for me i think pin2dmd is better than the lcd ones, so much more vibrant and brighter

Last edited:
Probably stupid question, but I'm guessing that as Tron is listed under the Serum category and not the Pin2DMD section, this can't be used on a Tron in anything other than a single colour mode?

Probably stupid question, but I'm guessing that as Tron is listed under the Serum category and not the Pin2DMD section, this can't be used on a Tron in anything other than a single colour mode?

I think regrettably the artist who did the Tron project for Serum (ebor) has stated that he doesn't want his work converted to PIN2DMD.

Tron for PIN2DMD may come in time, but with the Serum project now available it is unlikely to come from the vpin crowd and it will likely take a machine owner to do it...

...I mean, I'm willing to sell my GB and take that hit for PIN2DMD, but someone will need to agree to sell me their Tron first :p :D

it really is a no brainer......so @ £228 to your door, you can sell your old dmd about £100, so now £128! also the benefits apart from amazing colour and a new feel to your pin is less strain on psu, we know gas dmd will die or fade etc like go for years with an old black and white tv to glorious colour. for me i think pin2dmd is better than the lcd ones, so much more vibrant and brighter

Agree in terms of value for money mod it can’t be beaten … Tbf though I think £50 is more realistic resale for used DMDs these days.

Hi Guys,

I've been contacted by quite a few people wanting displays, so I thought it was about time to start a post.
I maintain the colour file list for Pin2DMD here and spend the majority of my time being involved with Pin2DMD software and hardware, along with most of the authors and creators who produce excellent content for the devices.
I created my online store a little while ago Retrocity.com.au and it's helped me connect with so many wonderful people around the world.

I'm offering Pinball Info Members who support this site 10% off my website prices. As my main currency is in aud, the conversion will change from time to time, but I will do my best to update the pricing here.
I will however check the website price first before the order so it will stay current. Paypal is accepted but if you would like to use credit card I can organise something via the website for you.

All displays will come with the following:

- Fully Activated
- Genuine SD Card
- Power harness to suit your specific machine
- The Latest Firmware installed
- Latest PCB version
- Colour File Installed* (additional cost paid to the author may apply)
- Fully plug and play
- 12 Months Warranty
- Full Support

*Please note, the colour files unless stated, are not produced by myself. I have worked with many artists in the past and have contributed to many files in some way, but I am not responsible for the content or quality of other peoples work. Please refer to the colour file list or posts by the author for more information. Please understand I am more than happy to support any issues you may have with hardware and software, but returns will not be accepted based on the colour file quality itself as I have no control over this and do not charge or take payment personally for this at all. I will do my best to get images and videos for each file soon as I am actively working with the authors on this, so stay tuned! Thanks for your understanding.

£154 - Pin2DMD Standard x32 Display
£163 - Pin2DMD Standard x16 Display Half Size Data East and comes with the Display Rom Installed for your game
£189 - Pin2DMD Sega XL x64 Display for the 4 larger display games

Postage to the UK and most countries Fully Insured:
£27 for 1 x32 or x16 display
£37 for 1 Sega XL display

Please ask about multiple items as the postage drastically reduces after the first item. For example, postage for standard size displays goes from £27 for 1x unit to £37 for 2x units
Happy to do group orders so you can save on postage.

Postage is from Australia via Express Post International Air Mail and usually takes between 7-10 working days give or take. I have had some arrive sooner and some a bit later.
No Tax is charged on my end, but you may be required to pay VAT or duty in your country. Please be aware of this.
For customs, the items will be valued at list price but if you have specific requirements, just let me know and we can work it out.
Packed with a large box, bubble wrapped and packing peanuts to make sure your display arrives safely. If anything should happen though, the included insurance should handle it.

Most colour files are based off the latest game rom version, so if you need an updated game chip, you can contact @Paul and he will be able to sort you out.

I've had some feedback posted here if you'd like to check it out and it also gives a bit more information as well.

Any questions or if you need any help setting up or anything else I am happy to help you out.

If anyone members have purchased direct off me recently for full price without discount, please let me know and I will sort something out for you.

Thanks!
Andrew
Hi Andrew

I'm about to place my second order but, I forgot, how to request my discount (thank you) on your website!

Back
Top Bottom