What's new

Pin wanted, up to 2k, be gentle....

Hook! I don't know why I have a soft spot for it as I usually like deeper games.

Oh dammit, don't say that man, I was hoping to get sommat I never have to dick about with! Maybe I can find someone round dese 'ere parts, thats good at fixing 'em.

Hundreds of moving parts and old circuit boards of course they do and will go wrong. Bulbs will blow, parts wear out, plastics break, fuses blow and components die. A lot of which are easy to fix. Everyone on here will help if you ask nicely about probs and there are also a few repair guys.

Not sure why you would think Turtles or Fish Tales isn't suitable for a man cave? Fish Tales is a great game. Does your man cave have a theme?

I agree, both machines perfect for a man cave, how can anyone not like "Turtles" or "Fish Tales".

Thats for the scoop sir. Plan might be to head to the few pin arcades around the country and play as many as I can get my hands on. Once I get one, don't really see myself swapping it, so want to get it right first time! But..... as I guess all you players know, that might change if I get bored!!

They say that about marriage too, however doesn't work out like that, a few years down the line you find yourself wanting to swap for a different model, best to try out as many as you can get your hands on before you part with your hard earned savings.

I agree, both machines perfect for a man cave, how can anyone not like "Turtles" or "Fish Tales".

Turtles is pretty easy not to like despite the god tier theme! Fish Tales is incredible. I'd have one in a heartbeat

But the price you pay for a good player below 2 grand is a tepid theme and or dodgy artwork. But for a good player with good art you are in 3k plus nowadays and 5k for an Addams unfortunately

Have to disagree on this David ............ there are tons of good fun pinball below 2K. Theme, artwork , even what constitutes a 'good player' are entirely subjective. Higher price does not automatically equate to a higher enjoyment factor.

Come down to sunny Birmingham and try Frankenstein (which is for sale) plus 28 other games 1975 to 2015

https://www.facebook.com/electriccircusarcade/
Yeah, I was looking at that place t'other day online, was probably going to go to the Arcade Club in Manchester, as it's closer, but will have to call them 1st, see how many pins they have. If it aint many then I will head to Electro, thanks for the tip

And 3 come along all at once (sub 2K pins in the for sale section).

And 3 come along all at once (sub 2K pins in the for sale section).
Yeah, I saw. Beginning to narrow the field tho, still chewing over a Dr Who I was offered a bit over budget and would REALLY like a RFM, just coz it's hilarious. Aint I fussy for a noob? :)

Yeah, I saw. Beginning to narrow the field tho, still chewing over a Dr Who I was offered a bit over budget and would REALLY like a RFM, just coz it's hilarious. Aint I fussy for a noob? :)

RFM is excellent fun but some people think it's not proper pinball or find the gameplay a bit linear. All that keeps the price down for the rest of us though.

Dr Who was my first pinball but I think RFM is a better game. But its all personal choice.

Dont overlook things like Radical either, Party zone, Flintstones (saying that - that is creeping up in price now).

Just try some out. I personally wouldnt go Data east, would stick to Bally/Williams DMD or Alpha numerical games.

It is worth driving to try a game out then buying it and find out you dont like it.

Also another good idea is install visual pinball into your PC and try some games. They use the real roms and you can get an idea of gameplay.

Or buy a visual pinball cabinet.

Hanging out for a single game can be a bit hit or miss as it depends when one comes along. Plenty of games kicking about for sub 2k. As @Pick Holder said, try and stick to Bally / Williams. You will pay a bit more, but will usually get your money back as they are more desired titles and easy to sell on. They do go quick though if they are at the right price....sub an hour.
The high speed 2 recently for sale is a popular machine. Popeye, a bit niche so would suggest a try before you buy....the Frankenstein a little left field, but good gameplay....none of them overpriced...

I remember when I was getting my first pin on a similar budget. I had certain games set in stone that I wanted. I turned my nose up at Getaway, Road Show and one or two others. Now I'd snap them up. You have to find your own path with it all though I think

I remember when I was getting my first pin on a similar budget. I had certain games set in stone that I wanted. I turned my nose up at Getaway, Road Show and one or two others. Now I'd snap them up. You have to find your own path with it all though I think
Yeah, seeing as I only have room and budget for one, looks like I'll have to wait. At least through this thread and Youtube I've got an idea of ones I'd have if and when they become available.
Revenge from Mars
Scared stiff (Prolly too expensive)
Dr Who
Black rose
Hook

I shed a little tear thinking about my trips to arcades to buy these things for three to four hundred quid each :(

Scared stiff is probably north of 4 grand now, the other three you mention should be within reach

Scared stiff is probably north of 4 grand now, the other three you mention should be within reach
Always baffled by Stiff. Style over substance imo. Looks good. Sounds good. Gameplay??? Fun enough but just not enough going on to ever keep me interested. Nearly bought one several times then remembered it bores me after 2 games.

Different strokes.... As Elvira might say [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom