What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PIN JACK revisited or as Deleted Member calls it a game changer! Finally a viable Alternative and much better!

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
So arriving at TPF I decided to treat myself to a Pin Jacks from the Marco stand at $140 (£112)

Before shelling out I asked the helpful lady on the stand if I could try one on a nearby machine and the experience totally put me off.
Why?
Well first off I think 2 would be better as using just one twists the cabinet somewhat and secondly when you release it kinda slams to the floor. Money saved as I didn’t bother 😊

Still undeterred I searched for a better solution similar to what I posted over a year ago here

I used a wood clamp which wasn’t great but did the job albeit unsteady and like the pin jack slams it back down.
I’d also spoke to our resident genius @stumblor a few mth ago and he pointed out a possible cheap Amazon solution which turned out to be a no go for every reason but mainly down to the cheap build. So it got dropped in the back burner yet again.

Roll on a couple of weeks ago I came across this watched a YT video so bought one this morning.
IMG_3672.jpeg

The thing is so well made and could lift any pin as it’s rated at 150kg but best of all has incremental lowering by a few mm each press of the yellow lever.
All I had to do was Mcguyver a simple solution and this is what I came up with.

My trusty wooden leg I’ve had for 20yr or more just make a shorter copy.
IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3681.jpeg

2 large screws inserted in a strategic place on one end then cut the heads off.

IMG_3675.jpeg

Next laser cut wooden plate to keep everything in place and lined up.
IMG_3683.jpeg

Put em all together and what have you got. Stanley’s Fat Pinlifter.
IMG_3685.jpegIMG_3686.jpeg

It’s an absolute game changer if you have a larger collection or work on pins most days.
I’m sure someone more skilled could machine something nicer looking but apart from the Fatmax itself it cost me nothing apart from 30mins of my time to knock the wood parts up.
Best of all my version takes about 5seconds to fit/remove and you have another tool for the home for hanging doors etc etc.

Proof is in the pudding as they say so here it is working and believe me it’s rock solid steady with zero chance of a nasty mishap like my crazy idea a year ago.
BTW I deliberately chose my heaviest pin TBL

The one negative is the price £120 but I honestly wish I had one of these when no entered the hobby with the amount of pin levelling I’ve done over the past 30yr+

nice work, I used one of the all metal amazon ones, tried a few partial plastic versions and just not strong enough.

I approached it with a 3d print approach but it is a game changer and makes life so much easier to level games.

Attachments

• IMG_2777.jpeg
    IMG_2777.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2785.jpeg
    IMG_2785.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2811.jpeg
    IMG_2811.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 63
Nice work Col. Are you sponsored by Pepsi now?

View attachment 249357
😂 even with the can the pics don’t give justice to how big and well made this thing is.
Admittedly price wise it’s a bit OTT as a cheaper option and can be made as in the above @swinks version Kudos where it’s due 👏
But even the original pin jack doesn’t some close to the smooth operation of this thing up and more importantly down.
Any chippys out there just do it as it’s a no brainer.

yes the stanley fat max jack does look real nice and has much better lifting range than the amazon one but here in Aus is $200 AUD for one where an all metal amazon is $40 AUD for one.

but until you posted had not seen the Stanley one before - regardless of the price is good value and your back will appreciate it alot

It also looks useful for experimenting with a higher pitch. I want to raise mine a little to see how it plays but have been put off with changing the height, then changing back again if I don't like it.

It also looks useful for experimenting with a higher pitch. I want to raise mine a little to see how it plays but have been put off with changing the height, then changing back again if I don't like it.

I use furniture feet/cups things for that. Still have to lift the game though 😖

Every time I have to adjust a machine I think I ought to buy a PinJack. Then I think that I'd need two really and decide they're not worth it.

I've tried a few of the cantilever lifters but again they aren't strong enough.

Have looked at a few of these types on Amazon but couldn't tell if they'd fit, the cabinet support rod lifters look like they'd work but won't take enough weight.

This looks ideal - has anyone tried any of the Amazon ones, no point spending £120 if a £50 one will do the job

This takes all the fun out of crawling under a game and lifting it with your arched and aged back whilst trying to free up one hand to unscrew a rusted tight leg leveler. Then backwards scuttling like a decrepit turtle to check the levels and repeat ad nauseum...it'll never catch on...

This 👆 and the fact my back has totally gave up and I’m currently suffering from broken ribs due to a Unicycle Accident (again) has me total incapacitated to even get in all fours and imitate a turtle never mind lift like one.

I've ordered one from Toolstation. I didn't even realise until I checked my email but I got 10% off so it was £107.99. First time I've used Toolstation so maybe that was why I got a discount.

Picked up my wood and screws too so I'm nearly set to start putting it together.

Nice one Col,

Got it here for £101 with a code, if you search on google it gives a link or try this :-

Code I got was DEALS15

£95 if use code APP20
Nice one Col,

Got it here for £101 with a code, if you search on google it gives a link or try this :-

Code I got was DEALS15

I will send anyone who buys a Fatmax one for free in the meantime I will take measurements of the leg I have made to give idea of wood needed.
Bear in mind I’m at the Manchester Marathon ATM getting back Monday

Just picked one up - thanks to all for the info above!!!

Anything that saves my knackered back nowadays!!

large screws inserted in a strategic place on one end then cut the heads off.

I don’t understand this…. is this to leave 2 stumps that sit on the plate on the fatmax and hold the wooden leg in place so it doesn’t slip off? :hmm:

I don’t understand this…. is this to leave 2 stumps that sit on the plate on the fatmax and hold the wooden leg in place so it doesn’t slip off? :hmm:
Exactly this yes 👍
Once you get your FatMax it will make sense and hey someone may come up with a better solution as mine is a McGuyer fix albeit works well 😝

Back
Top Bottom