What's new

Traded Paragon backglass

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, i would never have noticed from that pic :(

Me neither, the pic looks pretty good and nothing about it would have my spider sence tingling.

As a Paragon owner that picture sets little alarm bells tinkling in the back of my mind. Some things just aren't right: too much black, over saturated, not enough yellow, edges, but hard to be specific. If it hadn't been printed from such a low resolution image it would probably be quite passable until an original or repro replacement was sourced. Without knowing exactly what it should look like you'd be forgiven for not pressing for better, higher resolution images.

I do think it's a bit remiss not to mention that the backglass wasn't original but was a DIY repro, especially on a pin like Paragon which is famed for its artwork. Still, at least there is a repro by CPR for this. A fooked playfield would be much harder and way more expensive to fix. Hopefully the seller will come good on his word to find the proper backglass.

Here's Gaz's above mine for easy comparison:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks Nedreud

Crikey yours looks incredible.
I've checked most of the US suppliers I could think of off the top of my head and they're all out of stock:(

Maybe if pastiches backglass reproduction comes out good I could ask you to take some high res pics of yours to try the same thing?

The more I see how good it could look, the more it pi$$es me off:mad:

Sorry @Gaz Shiells didn't mean to depress you any further!

If you end up needing a hires image the guy who runs Homepin in Australia (building the new Thunderbirds pin in China) sent me a hires scan that he had his graphic artists clean up. As he didn't publicly release it but sent it to me directly I'd better make sure he's happy for me to pass it on to someone else in need, but he sent it to me because if you look at my backglass there's a hole at the bottom on her knee. He thought I might be able to print a patch repair decal.

As you say the colour registration is out but that picture makes it look far less blocky. The biggest giveaway is the writing at the bottom right.

Good luck in the quest for a replacement.

Nedreud
That would be fantastic if you could. Emphasise it would be strictly for my use and maybe explain the circumstances !!

Thanks all

Gaz

Thanks Nedreud

Crikey yours looks incredible.
I've checked most of the US suppliers I could think of off the top of my head and they're all out of stock:(

Maybe if pastiches backglass reproduction comes out good I could ask you to take some high res pics of yours to try the same thing?

The more I see how good it could look, the more it pi$$es me off:mad:

Have you tried Mayfair amusements?

Hi guys
I've been overwhelmed with the response from you on this. I've had lots of pm's from people offering help and condolences!!!

I've managed to source a glass. It's not great but it's better than what's in there at the moment IMO.
So I'm in the throws of perhaps reproducing one with the help of Nedreud and absolute control. We'll see how that pans out.

So if you happens upon one on your travels, still think of me.

Here are the pics of the new one. I won't be collecting it until the ukpp so still a couple of months away.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just another +1 here for Jim @ABSOLUTE CONTROL here. Mailed yesterday with a question (Non-pinball related) and he got back to me quickly, with a good result. Cant fault him :)

With regards to the paragon BG it's good to see you have something sorted - not ideal however it's a start :)

Hi, @Gaz Shiells. Somehow I missed your post last month with the pics of the backglass you'd managed to source. Not ideal, but not too bad. They look much better in the cabinet with the lights on! Mine's got a chunk missing along the bottom edge too. Not quite as bad as that, but I think could be repairable with some clever decal work.

How are you getting on with the rest of Paragon?

Hi mate
I'm yet to collect the glass. It's in Leicester if anyone's nearby and could collect it for the UKPP or NERG, that'd be grand.

Like you say Peter. Not great but beats the thing I've got at the moment.

I intend to strip it down and clean it soon, just need to get rid of the F14 project which has been in my garage for months :rolleyes:

Much better! Better a slightly worn original than a naff repro. Nothing against repros (I'm doing an entire playfield after all!) but if you're going to all the bother then it's got to be as good as possible.

Okay you will all laugh but I have to chime in on this.

I'm pretty sure the Paragon you bought with that bad backglass was my previous one, the chap I sold it to (again not naming names) was adamant that he was going to replace mine as there was some damage. I have also heard on the grapevine that the buyer when he sold it on was somebody on this forum.

The backglass that was on the original game, and this is what makes me laugh, I'm pretty sure is the exact replacement backglass you have got and put back in it, it had exactly the same missing bit out the bottom right corner where it says "1 to 4 can play".

So as far as I can tell, I sold it, the backglass was replaced with that printed monstrosity, and now you have got the backglass that was originally in the game anyway and put it back in! :rofl:

Incredible!

Okay you will all laugh but I have to chime in on this.

I'm pretty sure the Paragon you bought with that bad backglass was my previous one, the chap I sold it to (again not naming names) was adamant that he was going to replace mine as there was some damage. I have also heard on the grapevine that the buyer when he sold it on was somebody on this forum.

The backglass that was on the original game, and this is what makes me laugh, I'm pretty sure is the exact replacement backglass you have got and put back in it, it had exactly the same missing bit out the bottom right corner where it says "1 to 4 can play".

So as far as I can tell, I sold it, the backglass was replaced with that printed monstrosity, and now you have got the backglass that was originally in the game anyway and put it back in! :rofl:

Incredible!

:rofl:
Now that's funny. It was clearly meant to be.
Thanks for sharing your tale mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom