What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other time consuming hobbies?

Outside of work and Pinball, playing guitar/writing music/playing in a band takes up most of my time - working on recording a new EP at home at thr moment. Need to find a bass player before we can gig again post-lockdown.

Still in to video games (playing Yakuza Kiwami and Cyberpunk 2077 at the mo'), but pinball has kind of pulled my interest away from gaming a bit.
Got in to cycling during lockdown after pretty much not riding a bike for about 25 years before that:)

Cars (Driving them and time to time fixing them), Video games (Playing them and creating them), Movies, Music (I'm getting withdrawal symptoms now - last gig I went to was Jan last year) and a spot of 3d Printing.
starion.png

Most time consuming things I do:

Sleeping
Watching TV
Walking the dog

There is an absolute wealth of material on Netflix/ Amazon/ YouTube/ Podcasts...... I don't think I could tolerate village life without all of this web based media

Music
52 (years old) in July,
Started playing when I was 16.
Still learning.

Busy in rehearsals now for forthcoming tribute shows I am doing, also producing a friends album that will come out the end of the year and have decided to do some sound engineering again.....

My work carries over lots of my interests (Pinball repair/Jukebox building/Guitar repair/guitar building/amplifier repairs/musician).

Longstanding Hobbies other than pinballs inc.
Skiing (teach 5-20hrs a week at local slope) and getting paid for it.
Motorbikes - Currently own 3 of them. Need to thin the heard some point
Classic Cars - Two of these clutter up my garage here and at another location and also need to let one go some when I can decide which!

The Past couple of years:
Big Bertha my Laser consumes most of my time this past couple of years with not only the pinball side but lots of Family and Friend projects that never end last one a Diaorama for a mate ( pic via said mate on his potato phone) they look better in flesh BTW :thumbs:

10fac2c7-1bd0-4c43-8285-23f104dcd3c5.jpg

And Finally been spending far too much time on my latest toy an EUC which goes 25mph and covers 30 mile hence usisng it as much as possible to commute to work, school run & bike rides with the missus so covered 550 mile in less than 6 weeks.

^^^^I was with you all the way right up until the last.
A bit too BTTF and begging for a small stone to do a header in the bushes 😃
You still have the skiers balance going for ya!

^^^^I was with you all the way right up until the last.
A bit too BTTF and begging for a small stone to do a header in the bushes 😃
You still have the skiers balance going for ya!
I’ve actually had a few big tumbles now but it’s always rider error, the last one was trying to jump up a kerb at around 20mph I went flying into the dual carriageway with 2 lanes of cars heading towards me!
I thought it must have looked like a professional Hollywood stuntman was filming local when in reality it will probs end up on the TV program Dashcam Disasters with the tag line “dizzy old fart almost skills himself in head on collision”.
One thing for sure It’s defo a kids game as I no longer bounce

Just a selection - the 4th shelf down is the shelf of shame - puzzles still unsolved - one of them's been on there for years.

View attachment 138372
A few years back now, but this was my old collection - all solved at least once, most more.

The square-1 can be a tricky little beast, but I didn't have any realdifficulty with the X-cube

DSCF6453.JPGDSCF6455.JPGDSCF6457.JPGDSCF6459.JPGDSCF6461.JPGDSCF6463.JPGDSCF6465.JPGDSCF6467.JPGDSCF6469.JPGDSCF6471.JPG
DSCF6473.JPGDSCF6475.JPGDSCF6477.JPGDSCF6479.JPGDSCF6481.JPGDSCF6483.JPGDSCF6485.JPGDSCF6487.JPGDSCF6489.JPGDSCF6491.JPG

Back
Top Bottom