What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other time consuming hobbies?

My fishing has been on the back burner for a few years now, used to spend so much time making bait. Had a big old Hobart mixer, compressed air sausage making guns, rolling tables, drying racks and loads of flavours that would make you heave🤮
Used to do 48 hours fishing at a time, some people would do a week! Did a few competitions here and in Holland😑
Will try and get the mojo back this year and dust the gear off.

Would love to do a bit of shooting and have a nice gun but my wife will not have it, probably best I stick to the BB gun😂

Sold the boat😏
My biggest UK carp 40lb on my homemade bait, that was a while back now. Wish I still looked like that😂

Attachments

• 460FD417-D82B-450F-A0B5-EA6D2209FE09.jpeg
    460FD417-D82B-450F-A0B5-EA6D2209FE09.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 2AF8B477-2B62-4593-B594-C7C2C6FA624D.jpeg
    2AF8B477-2B62-4593-B594-C7C2C6FA624D.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 39
Preparing the Garden for Gamesroom 3.0

If the weather was as glorious as it was last year it would all be ready by now. However it's been ****, and consequently i'm not even 1/4 way there yet!! :(

OOh.. self loading then i guess?? :)

Yes matey, couldn’t get my normal Lapua 155gr Scenar bullet heads so making up some Hornady ELD (Extremely Low Drag) match heads with heat shield polymer tips. Heard good things so here’s hoping 🤞
It’s a guest day so have one of my work colleagues attending so will be showing him the ropes with my Marlin .357 Underleaver cowboy, Mosin Nagant military + .308/7.62mm Sako 👍

Shooting Comp back on next weekend for me now the sh^t show is coming to an end. Back to the lab .... lol...View attachment 138368
Awesome :) I would love to do that! Used to do .22 competition pistol shooting when I was at school.

Got a bit of a collection of RIF's for work purposes (motion capture). Mix of airsoft and PFC's. M4's, MG42, MAC 10, Glocks, P90, you name it, I've probably got it. Haven't even had time to fire any of them yet! Don't want to scare the neighbours either :)

Just a selection - the 4th shelf down is the shelf of shame - puzzles still unsolved - one of them's been on there for years.

puzzles.jpg

I have Michelin PR5 on the S1000XR and Diablo on the R1. But since my back and hip issues, the R1 doesn’t see much use.

Restoring a house has taken up my time and money over the last few years. Roof, insulation and solar panels are due to go up in the coming months with a hope my utility bills come down.

I miss the 954 blade I had, they were set up really well. The R1 is a brute in comparison.

I have Michelin PR5 on the S1000XR and Diablo on the R1. But since my back and hip issues, the R1 doesn’t see much use.

Restoring a house has taken up my time and money over the last few years. Roof, insulation and solar panels are due to go up in the coming months with a hope my utility bills come down.
Yeah restoring a house is an ongoing expensive hobby. Reinstalling a fireplace can easily cost as much as a pinball machine. Done 3 I think(?) in the last few months.

Attachments

• 666F528F-FD04-49CC-B265-42D413E56970.jpeg
    666F528F-FD04-49CC-B265-42D413E56970.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 3701E902-0CE1-4DFE-8BD4-EB1A72E0BFFD.jpeg
    3701E902-0CE1-4DFE-8BD4-EB1A72E0BFFD.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 16
I don't really feel the appeal of motorbikes. I have a full license passed around about 2010. Had an R6, which weirdly never felt as enjoyable as cars. Nerve wracking for sure. But not fun.

I don't really feel the appeal of motorbikes. I have a full license passed around about 2010. Had an R6, which weirdly never felt as enjoyable as cars. Nerve wracking for sure. But not fun.
Not had one in over 17 years, and ended up with three during the COVID s**t show I think it’s the amount of concentration required that really clears my head of all the spinning plates. They make me smile stood still

Not had one in over 17 years, and ended up with three during the COVID s**t show I think it’s the amount of concentration required that really clears my head of all the spinning plates. They make me smile stood still
I felt it was very disappointing in terms of the amount of acceleration expected vs a fast car. But maybe I wasn't thrashing it enough. Next up on the list of things to buy once I've exhausted arcade machines is probably something like a bike engined MK

I felt it was very disappointing in terms of the amount of acceleration expected vs a fast car. But maybe I wasn't thrashing it enough. Next up on the list of things to buy once I've exhausted arcade machines is probably something like a bike engined MK
It was a swap deal got me into it TAF for a fireblade urban tiger which was a wall poster bike to me in the 90’s

Pinball is massively on the back burner at the moment. Barely turned on the games on over the last 8 weeks thanks to the arrival of our four legged friend. Looking forward to a summer of gigs (Fingers crossed), restaurants and a bit of nerding.

It’s going to be hard to cram everything in when we get the green light. (I think I’ve got 20+ rescheduled gigs coming up 🤘).

Attachments

• 27F03887-5336-47B2-86F6-D49BACA8E67D.jpeg
    27F03887-5336-47B2-86F6-D49BACA8E67D.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 60
  • F79ABA93-BCAB-4DBF-AC70-803A73ED03D4.png
    F79ABA93-BCAB-4DBF-AC70-803A73ED03D4.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 470C297C-E0C6-452C-909B-1F889D31E2A0.jpeg
    470C297C-E0C6-452C-909B-1F889D31E2A0.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 85C64DB7-7C83-4542-AEE5-59EA16FA8EE3.jpeg
    85C64DB7-7C83-4542-AEE5-59EA16FA8EE3.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 59
Pinball is massively on the back burner at the moment. Barely turned on the games on over the last 8 weeks thanks to the arrival of our four legged friend. Looking forward to a summer of gigs (Fingers crossed), restaurants and a bit of nerding.

It’s going to be hard to cram everything in when we get the green light. (I think I’ve got 20+ rescheduled gigs coming up 🤘).
She’s a stunner John

It’s going to be hard to cram everything in when we get the green light. (I think I’ve got 20+ rescheduled gigs coming up 🤘
Four legged friends are the best. Our 8 month old puppy has been doing a lot of training over the last month. I would definitely recommend this. Scent games are 5 mins equal to an hour of fetch ball. No point trying to wear them out physically....mental games is where it's at.

Attachments

• IMG_4720.mp4
    4.8 MB
  • IMG_4711.mp4
    7.6 MB
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    6.9 MB
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    5.5 MB

Most motorbikes can out accelerate performance cars for a significantly lower price. But it is a drag and not a push feeling, so does feel different. My experience of the R6 (and that size of motor) is they needed to be really rev’d high and kept there to push on. The R1 had more mid range and so the wave comes earlier.
The modern bikes are so good at getting down the power that the S1000XR takes off like a rocket ship.

Brand new PR5s on my ZZR14 but haven't been out this year yet, too busy.
One of the best tyres in the dry is the Diablo Super Corsa - on my Daytona (now sold) it was like a road legal track rubber :)

I have also been out of the loop for over 20 years but like yourself I have also ended up with two very different bikes during this Covid episode. I will get some pics and post them later.

Back
Top Bottom